ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

change all buses to use same door control buttons

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
gazz

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

change all buses to use same door control buttons Empty
BeitragThema: change all buses to use same door control buttons   change all buses to use same door control buttons Icon_minitimeDi 8 Nov - 1:32

Not sure if this should be in scripts, but my post about other items in there go unanswered,

anyway, i am building a driving desk, and have a button panel with 3 buttons at the front for door control,

apart from the original man's that use 1 button for half the front door, another button for the other half and no rear door button, the addon buses seem to use one button for front door, another button for 2nd door, i.e the same button that operated the man's doors will operate the liaz's front and rear doors, the FBW's front and middle door, mercs front and middle door etc,

But the problem is the 3 door buses all seem to use a different command for the 3rd door, (bus_door_front5, bus_door_front3 etc)

is there an easy way to modify things so that no matter what bus i decide to drive, the 3rd button always works the 3rd door??

i've read that it's possible to assign multiple commands to one input, but not sure if that's for what i'm thinking of, i.e. i set my 3rd door button (which is seen as a game controller button in omsi) to operate the bus_door_front5, bus_door_front3 and the others that work the 3rd door, then any bus that is loaded will respond to one of the commands.
Nach oben Nach unten
Stefan

Stefan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 296

BeitragThema: Re: change all buses to use same door control buttons   change all buses to use same door control buttons Icon_minitimeDi 8 Nov - 8:13

You should play around with the model config files which can be found in the model folder of the bus. I think you should look up for example "bus_doorfront5" and change it "bus_doorfront3". You've to change every bus with a third door, which means every bus should have 'a' "bus_doorfront3". Not sure if it's working, but I think you'd try it. Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
https://www.facebook.com/svanpoppel
gazz

BeitragThema: Re: change all buses to use same door control buttons   change all buses to use same door control buttons Icon_minitimeDi 8 Nov - 14:10

that's what i thought i might have to do,

i'm wondering what exactly i need to change, as i'm sure there are loads of referances in the files to the 3rd door, or do i just need to find the control trigger and change that or something,

time to make a copy of the buses and have a play,

wish i knew what i'd done the other day, as somehow i'd managed to set up the 2nd door button to operate both the middle and back door on the merc at once, which was handy as when ever someone need to get off, i open both back doors, as there are no indications to which door button has been pressed.... yet,

that's another thing i'd like to implement, 2 stop request lights, to indicate which door people want to get off of... maybe 3 lights, as i've had a few times where someone wants to get off the front door, but i havent looked right, so miss them and drive off with the stop request light coming on again,
shame they dont moan at you for not letting them off really.
Nach oben Nach unten
gazz

BeitragThema: Re: change all buses to use same door control buttons   change all buses to use same door control buttons Icon_minitimeMi 9 Nov - 14:24

just to let people know i've done it,

found a post on another site about doing this mod for the FBW bus, 3 lines of code to be added to the door.osc file,

easy to do on all the other buses, just need to change 'doorfront_5' to the relevent door opening trigger on the other buses, i.e. 'doorfront_8'

the code to change is... in the 'door.osc' file of the relevent bus:

{trigger:bus_doorfront1}
(L.L.elec_busbar_main) (L.L.bremse_halte_sw) (C.L.door_needs_stopbrake) ! && &&
(L.L.elec_busbar_main) (L.L.bremse_halte) (C.L.door_needs_stopbrake) && && ||
{if}
(M.L.trg_bus_doorfront1)
(M.L.trg_bus_doorfront5)
{endif}
1 (S.L.cockpit_tuertaster2)
1 (S.L.cockpit_tuertaster6)
{end}

{trigger:bus_doorfront1_off}
0 (S.L.cockpit_tuertaster2)
0 (S.L.cockpit_tuertaster6)

Bits in bold are what you add, looking at the code for the ikarus, it'd be pretty easy to add a new command to open or close all doors, of course there wont be a button on the bus's dash, but you just asign a button on your controller,
however all the ikarus button does is toggle all the buttons, so if you open 1 door, then hit the all door button, the other 2 open and the one closes,

but i'm sure there' a way to have an 'all door close' trigger, the man87R has it with it's master door control, i.e. press a door button just before you stop, when you stop it opens that door and applies the stop brake, press the throttle and it releases the brake and shuts the door that was opened only, i.e. it's doing more than an all door button toggle, which would shut one door and open the other.

time to get digging in the code, tho i dont have much clue what i'm looking at.
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: change all buses to use same door control buttons   change all buses to use same door control buttons Icon_minitimeMi 9 Nov - 16:50

Don't need to do any of that. All you need to do in the options is go through all of the door control entries (remember most addon buses need you to add the new command in the options) and set it as the same key e.g. doorfront_5 and set it to /, then click on doorfront_8 and change it to /, etc etc. Then just assign the button on your desk as a / keystroke (no idea how you have it set up, but for example with Logitech wheels you can do it in Logitech Gaming Software [Profiler]).
Nach oben Nach unten
gazz

BeitragThema: Re: change all buses to use same door control buttons   change all buses to use same door control buttons Icon_minitimeMi 9 Nov - 19:53

I dont use the keyboard except when i first start the computer up, and for editing things, as i am building a driving desk,

so i have my steering wheel and throttle and brake pedals, then a leo bodnar 8 axis, 32 button input boards, with the clutch pedal and 5 other inputs used for train simulators, then the bus button board fed to it which has the door buttons, engine start and stop, retarder, wipers and so on, a trucks handbrake lever,

then a hacked usb gamepad for the gear stick input, another hacked game pad for a u-bahn train sim controller and so on,

the good thing about using directX inputs is no faffing bout with keyboard repeat, ghost keys and so on, as i have a few buttons that latch down, no probs with them.

i have tried gaming profillers, but they dont want to play with the number of inputs i have, so easier for me to do things to the code of the game, which thankfully omsi makes easy to do, once you get you head around the language it uses.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: change all buses to use same door control buttons   change all buses to use same door control buttons Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

change all buses to use same door control buttons
Seite 1 von 1