ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Your transit maps

Nach unten 
+4
Lockheart
Marpe
835sedici
JDX
8 verfasser
AutorNachricht
JDX

JDX

Anzahl der Beiträge : 67

*Map* - Your transit maps Empty
BeitragThema: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDo 14 Jul - 22:20

I was wondering if anybody here has ever made a transit map in photoshop. I've done a few now, getting better each time.

This is my latest effort:

https://i.imgur.com/pHZGQ.gif
(large image)

I was inspired by a transit map I saw which was unusually based on a dark background. I made the map above for a multiplayer server which has a bus system I designed.

Anybody else care to share their transit maps?
Nach oben Nach unten
835sedici

835sedici

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1476

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDo 14 Jul - 22:22

looks great!
can u try that with the spandau 89 map?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDo 14 Jul - 22:57

Is that for GTA San Andreas?
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeFr 15 Jul - 0:49

Are we talking real local transit maps, transit maps for in-game maps we've made, or just random transit maps for a fictional city?
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeMo 14 Nov - 8:53

I used to play (GTA) SA-MP, and was a member of a larger server called LSRP where I ran a large transit faction (100 drivers). I left there and joined a server based in San Fierro, and ran the transit faction there, too. The map was made for that transit faction (SF Metro).

As far as the purpose of the thread is concerned, its just to show off how well you can make any transit map - whether its based on a fictional omsi route or an adaptation of real-world maps Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
mkthetimelord

mkthetimelord

Anzahl der Beiträge : 51

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeMo 14 Nov - 17:13

JDX schrieb:
I used to play (GTA) SA-MP, and was a member of a larger server called LSRP where I ran a large transit faction (100 drivers). I left there and joined a server based in San Fierro, and ran the transit faction there, too. The map was made for that transit faction (SF Metro).

As far as the purpose of the thread is concerned, its just to show off how well you can make any transit map - whether its based on a fictional omsi route or an adaptation of real-world maps Smile

Looks great! you still on that samp server?? I own a samp server need someone to own the transport company if anyone is interested.. Set in Bone County/Fort Carson
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDi 15 Nov - 14:30

Here's the network map page of the timetable booklet I recently designed for the company I work for (real life) which is due to be printed in a few weeks. It's by no means a masterpiece, it's just a quick and simple network map going into a booklet with the page being a third of A4 size long. I would have spent more time on it if it was worth it to make it more refined, but it's really not for its purpose.

I must say JDX, nice job on yours, very well made and stylish - you clearly know what you're doing Wink

Zuletzt von ediblechickenwing am Mi 16 Nov - 20:32 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
mkthetimelord

mkthetimelord

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDi 15 Nov - 18:23

ediblechickenwing schrieb:
Here's the network map page of the timetable booklet I recently designed for the company I work for (real life) which is due to be printed in a few weeks. It's by no means a masterpiece, it's just a quick and simple network map going into a booklet with the page being a third of A4 size long. I would have spent more time on it if it was worth it to make it more refined, but it's really not for its purpose.

I must say JDX, nice job on yours, very well made and stylish - you clearly know what you're doing Wink

looks complicated What a Face is that bus depot famous? I heard of it before (or maybe ive just heard of port tabolt before..)
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDi 15 Nov - 18:44

You don't need to create a masterpiece to create a nice looking transit map - which yours is. It's clean, tidy, and most importatly has anti aliasing.
Btw, is your company a subsidiary of Stagecoach? The logo has a very Southwest Trains look to it.

Also - do you have a forum or something for your server? I'm certainly interested. Will have to fix up GTA SA first, though (I broke it lol).
Nach oben Nach unten
mkthetimelord

mkthetimelord

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDi 15 Nov - 19:51

JDX schrieb:

You don't need to create a masterpiece to create a nice looking transit map - which yours is. It's clean, tidy, and most importatly has anti aliasing.
Btw, is your company a subsidiary of Stagecoach? The logo has a very Southwest Trains look to it.

Also - do you have a forum or something for your server? I'm certainly interested. Will have to fix up GTA SA first, though (I broke it lol).

Hey, if you were talking to me yes we do have a forum. (we dont have too many players and the server isn't online at the moment due to some technical issues but the forum is up and running.)

http://fcrp.theforum.name/
Nach oben Nach unten
JDX

JDX

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDi 15 Nov - 21:53

This is a 90's styled map for my WIP route:

*Map* - Your transit maps 7e3LL
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeMi 16 Nov - 17:49

Famous? hahaha, no, not at all (although one of the directors/bosses is quite famous in the UK bus industry). Ever heard of "2 Travel" group, and their high profile court case against Cardiff Bus? Yup, same director that ran that group lol.

And no, it's a small family independent with about 17 service buses and 6 coaches. However, rather confusingly, First Cymru used to be called the same name and the chances are it's that original company that you might have heard of; this is a completely separate company that just uses the same trading name. Try searching Flickr for some photographs, however you need to look at the buses which are white with a green band across the bottom (and some on top by the roof) and not the all-over green buses with multi-coloured stripes (this is the old company with the same name which is now First). Put "Neath" on the end of your search and it should narrow it down a lot more.
Nach oben Nach unten
evo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 79

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeMi 16 Nov - 18:42

ECW, either this company is in Wales, or you've made a lot of typos!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://evo.mmarchive.com
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeMi 16 Nov - 20:31

evo schrieb:
ECW, either this company is in Wales, or you've made a lot of typos!

lol! Yes Brad, of course it is, duh Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
mkthetimelord

mkthetimelord

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDo 17 Nov - 17:59

thats nice, it really has that 90s feel
Nach oben Nach unten
Damian Schwichtenberg

Damian Schwichtenberg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 479

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitimeDo 17 Nov - 18:15

Very nice !
Nach oben Nach unten
http://omsi-forum.forumieren.com/
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Your transit maps   *Map* - Your transit maps Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Your transit maps
Seite 1 von 1