ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

I think the greatness is showing us the limit

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

I think the greatness is showing us the limit Empty
BeitragThema: I think the greatness is showing us the limit   I think the greatness is showing us the limit Icon_minitimeDo 26 Mai - 0:43

Just wanted to give a personal post, to highlight some of the great work presented at the moment, fantastic, really liking the brazilian maps now! twisty roads and so forth. However we're seeing OMSI's limits, how big can Spandau get before frames start getting lower even on high spec systems. Bigger maps users are creating, seeing where the limit is in terms of how much memory a huge map can take up within OMSI's 32bit RAM limit.

It's interesting to say the least, haven't seen any users on a forum push a game so hard in terms of what it can do! Really impressed with the hardwork, I can speak for all of us that once the SDKs are made available and the authors come back to create more maps, well I think it's take down time in terms of simulation Very Happy

In the words of the street, big up guys!
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: I think the greatness is showing us the limit   I think the greatness is showing us the limit Icon_minitimeDo 26 Mai - 1:13

JunGRail schrieb:
Just wanted to give a personal post, to highlight some of the great work presented at the moment, fantastic, really liking the brazilian maps now! twisty roads and so forth. However we're seeing OMSI's limits, how big can Spandau get before frames start getting lower even on high spec systems. Bigger maps users are creating, seeing where the limit is in terms of how much memory a huge map can take up within OMSI's 32bit RAM limit.

It's interesting to say the least, haven't seen any users on a forum push a game so hard in terms of what it can do! Really impressed with the hardwork, I can speak for all of us that once the SDKs are made available and the authors come back to create more maps, well I think it's take down time in terms of simulation Very Happy

In the words of the street, big up guys!
if a map like Spandau gets too big, you could always decrease the amount of AI buses on hand! Smile Someone released a Berlin mod, but i think the reason why the FPS is so low in areas is because most of the routes runs close to one another. If one route were to go out into the country, there would be a speed up since no buses are being used. Perhaps some background working to get the position of the buses?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
JayKae

Anzahl der Beiträge : 248

BeitragThema: Re: I think the greatness is showing us the limit   I think the greatness is showing us the limit Icon_minitimeDo 26 Mai - 3:38

Zitat :
It's interesting to say the least, haven't seen any users on a forum push a game so hard in terms of what it can do!

Guess you are not a flight simmer Wink I never have lag or dramas with frames in OMSI no matter what map I load, I guess I am lucky Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

BeitragThema: Re: I think the greatness is showing us the limit   I think the greatness is showing us the limit Icon_minitimeDo 26 Mai - 3:48

JayKae schrieb:
Zitat :
It's interesting to say the least, haven't seen any users on a forum push a game so hard in terms of what it can do!

Guess you are not a flight simmer Wink I never have lag or dramas with frames in OMSI no matter what map I load, I guess I am lucky Smile
+1
Flight sim addons can really kill your FPS. So I built my system around what would be required to have a smooth running flight experience. Very Happy
So I don't have issues with any of the maps
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: I think the greatness is showing us the limit   I think the greatness is showing us the limit Icon_minitimeDo 26 Mai - 12:55

krtz07 schrieb:
if a map like Spandau gets too big, you could always decrease the amount of AI buses on hand! Smile Someone released a Berlin mod, but i think the reason why the FPS is so low in areas is because most of the routes runs close to one another. If one route were to go out into the country, there would be a speed up since no buses are being used. Perhaps some background working to get the position of the buses?

Where is this mod? Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: I think the greatness is showing us the limit   I think the greatness is showing us the limit Icon_minitimeDo 26 Mai - 20:08

https://omnibussimulator.forumieren.com/t4265-17052011-update-new-berlin-spandau-map-v13

This map really pushes your computer to the limit. I guess the only real limit is the 2GB memory limit on the software?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: I think the greatness is showing us the limit   I think the greatness is showing us the limit Icon_minitimeDi 31 Mai - 23:23

krtz07 schrieb:
https://omnibussimulator.forumieren.com/t4265-17052011-update-new-berlin-spandau-map-v13

This map really pushes your computer to the limit. I guess the only real limit is the 2GB memory limit on the software?

Indeed man, 32bit reads up to 3.0GHz but some of that is used for running the game engine i can imagine, so yeah 2Gbs is right -
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: I think the greatness is showing us the limit   I think the greatness is showing us the limit Icon_minitimeMi 1 Jun - 0:09

JunGRail schrieb:
krtz07 schrieb:

Indeed man, 32bit reads up to 3.0GHz but some of that is used for running the game engine i can imagine, so yeah 2Gbs is right -

Negative, 32 Bit ( X86 ) reads up to 3.5GB of Ram, Where you mentioned "3.0GHz" that's actually CPU clock speed Wink

Unless you made a typo then I apologise for correcting Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: I think the greatness is showing us the limit   I think the greatness is showing us the limit Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

I think the greatness is showing us the limit
Seite 1 von 1