ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit

Nach unten 
+19
N
aarongilp
f1fan
FR1GTS
Smallhail741
Warrior888
HHA 1732
FilipeRicardo
EHST
Skiv
powerz
Scenicruiser
bus-1809
krtz07
midtown292
FRENZYMAX_RUS
kosakkosak
OVS driver
Thiago
23 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

[Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 27 Jun - 16:46

I've just noticed that breaks were not working. I 'probably' fixed that.
Curiously, brake lights inside the cockpit are always on, I'm trying to investigate why. fixed
Still need to deactivate IBIS next stop when pressing the clutch and make engine shutdown work
I've also updated the constfile for the transmission, but acceleration seems to be so brutal and sensible to the tune.
Lots of trial and error.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
FRENZYMAX_RUS

FRENZYMAX_RUS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 118

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 27 Jun - 17:38

First of all - Good job mate ! Razz First step to mechanical gearbox is already done. My congratulations. But this script have one annoying bug - engine doesn't have any inertia...when you shift gear, engine immediately gain RPM's. That's not good...
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 27 Jun - 17:42

Thanks mate! Smile
Oh indeed. I don't know how to put inertia. I'm very newbie on transmissions Very Happy
I saw a variable called engine_J. But don't know if this is the inertia.
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 27 Jun - 18:50

I normalized the "throttle curve" (don't know the correct name, maybe torque curve?) of the D92 and put into the new script. Seems to be softer and with some inertia.
I am trying to replicate the Mercedes-Benz O500U that exists here in Brazil (its similar to the O530).
In the spec sheet, I got all gear ratios and put directly in OMSI ratios. Seemed to work similar to the real thing.
About the antrieb_i_achse, I copied from the spec sheet in one part called 'Reduction' (in Portuguese). It was 5.587
I updated the file.

Edit: I've been driving a little and seems to be nice (far from perfect, of course). Much better than the other prototype. I was missing my G27 clutch for a long time! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 27 Jun - 22:57

I reckon the same as well that engine_J is in fact the inertia of the engine. From reading your status, it seems like you are getting a good grip on things! Very Happy I think the throttle curve is really the throttle efficiency curve. The torque of the engine it self should be controlled by some other variable.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Thiago

Thiago

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 28 Jun - 1:09

Well it's being difficult but worthy Very Happy I spent yesterday round about 5 hours trying to adequate a fine tuning but then I gave up. Then woke up today and tried to think better about how things happen. The key to make this more driveable was this throttle curve that was adapted to the car. I took so long to realise this! lol
But well, lots of things I'm doing I still don't know about the 'meaning' . I tried to search some explanation for 'coupling' but couldn't find anything that could explain without advanced terms. Maybe because it's really advanced Smile
I learned a little about gear ratios and really helped.
My next step is try to learn that torque curve. Very Happy
Thanks for your help mate.
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 28 Jun - 13:55

Thiago schrieb:
Well it's being difficult but worthy Very Happy I spent yesterday round about 5 hours trying to adequate a fine tuning but then I gave up. Then woke up today and tried to think better about how things happen. The key to make this more driveable was this throttle curve that was adapted to the car. I took so long to realise this! lol
But well, lots of things I'm doing I still don't know about the 'meaning' . I tried to search some explanation for 'coupling' but couldn't find anything that could explain without advanced terms. Maybe because it's really advanced Smile
I learned a little about gear ratios and really helped.
My next step is try to learn that torque curve. Very Happy
Thanks for your help mate.
Well my experience with coupling is the values define the amount of torque which the transmission uses during shifting. If the value is too low, then the transmission will slip, if it is too large, then each gear shift would be sharp. That is really the only value which I've changed when to determined the difference between a ZF 502, 592, and 602. My advice to you is to use something that works, you could use something between 1000-1100 NM. That might work best.
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 28 Jun - 15:33

Thank you man, I used these values and gears change smoothly now, specially the first and second. Smile
I found this on the spec sheet:
The top curve is torque x rpm and the bottom is consume x rpm. Don't know if I will succeed but I will try to put it. I noticed that that curves in the file have the momentum x rpm, so I'm hopeful it might work.
I translated a german phrase on the file about the curves. It explains about the normalization:
Translate: The following curve is normalized -
the speed to that at which the maximum at full throttle
Torque is achieved and the maximum torque at this moment,
even at the minThrottle characteristic.

Since the Golf curve was normalized by 1400, so probably this is the rpm where max. torque happens? This is confusing. Razz

Thanks again!
[img][Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 874Capture[/img]
Nach oben Nach unten
EHST

EHST

Anzahl der Beiträge : 62

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 28 Jun - 17:41

Keep up the great work guys. A dream become true.

Manual clutch and shifting ...woooohooo bounce Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 29 Jun - 15:07

EHST schrieb:
Keep up the great work guys. A dream become true.

Manual clutch and shifting ...woooohooo bounce Very Happy

Yes it's really a dream to me too. I actually prefer manual buses. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Jul - 20:41

We'll probably have a first release up to the next week. I'm having some rush at work.
And again many thanks to krtz07. This script is now very good thanks to him!
Nach oben Nach unten
FilipeRicardo

FilipeRicardo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 3 Jul - 2:51

Hey. I'm making a beta test of this gearbox with a G27 steering wheel. It's now running under a Karosa B737. Sounds are from a Mercedes-Benz's Brazilian engine: OM-366 LA. Here is the video:

Nach oben Nach unten
FRENZYMAX_RUS

FRENZYMAX_RUS

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 3 Jul - 7:04

Wow, can't wait for release bounce
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 6 Jul - 6:42

I've got some extra work to do this week, but I will upload a beta on Friday. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

Anzahl der Beiträge : 113

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 6 Jul - 14:43

Daww :/ Oh well at least you took your time in informing us. Keep up the good work.
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 7 Jul - 1:13

Thiago schrieb:
I've got some extra work to do this week, but I will upload a beta on Friday. Smile
Nice!! I have been beta testing it and it is pretty nice.
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 9 Jul - 11:13

I'm sorry for my delay. I didn't have time even to touch the pc.
Here it is: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17534772/OMSI/Scripts/ManualGearbox_03Jul2011.zip
Keep in mind it's still beta. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
HHA 1732

HHA 1732

Anzahl der Beiträge : 231

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 9 Jul - 11:46

link is dead!

Edit: okay, sorry, it worked!
Nach oben Nach unten
EHST

EHST

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 9 Jul - 15:49

Fuck yeah bounce

This is just awesome ...thank you so mutch for that guys. I just edit the first and second gear (it was a bit to short for me) and and feel´s like a other game now. It brings so much fun to drive with clutch and manual shifting Very Happy

Oh, and thanks also for the great readme... I will try to bring that script into the Liaz. If that works, i need definitely some holidays just to drive Omsi all the day Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 9 Jul - 19:14

Holy damn. This is awesome Very Happy Great work dude. And you even provided separate files for the manual gears. This means i dont have to change the files that are already in game. Gratulations!
Nach oben Nach unten
FRENZYMAX_RUS

FRENZYMAX_RUS

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 9 Jul - 20:32

Guys...this is so freakin' awesome...love this script cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Warrior888

Anzahl der Beiträge : 9

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 9 Jul - 22:02

I get this message when I want to load the bus with manual gearbox:

[Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 76c2dmnxhjv8ezx825ev

Why?
Nach oben Nach unten
FRENZYMAX_RUS

FRENZYMAX_RUS

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 10 Jul - 9:45

Okay, after 10-15 minutes of work i've found way how to add sound of gear shifting to gearbox. It's very easy and make script more realistic.
For this example i use script for MAN SD202 D86' with MB G 85-6 gearbox.

Open "antrieb.osc" in your manual transmission folder and find this part

Spoiler:

2. After every
Code:
(S.L.antrieb_getr_gang)
add
Code:
(T.L.snd_gearshift)

Now our script must look like this:

Spoiler:

Save edited file and go to "Sound" folder. Find and open "sound_D86" file, go to the bottom and add this text:
Spoiler:

Save and close file
Final step - download this sound and copy it into the "Sound" folder.
That's all ! Very Happy

Zuletzt von FRENZYMAX_RUS am So 10 Jul - 10:42 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
EHST

EHST

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 10 Jul - 10:12

Hah, awesome!

Thanks Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 10 Jul - 20:23

If anyone is interested I made a video of the mod. It works fantastic. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit   [Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[Beta] Manual Gearbox Development Kit
Seite 2 von 3Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter