ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

SDK Repaint Tool Error

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

SDK Repaint Tool Error Empty
BeitragThema: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeFr 22 Apr - 18:38

Hi,

When I run the Repaint Tool, after I choose the .rpc file and the .bmp base file, I get the following error:

SDK Repaint Tool Error 2gTQg

What's up? I run the program in admin mode and I've tried with XP compatibility too. I have Windows 7 Ultimate.
Nach oben Nach unten
evo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 79

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeSa 23 Apr - 12:37

I'm getting this error too, its driving me crazy
Nach oben Nach unten
http://evo.mmarchive.com
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeDi 26 Apr - 13:46

Yeah, it's really annoying because I've tried everything relating to compatibility issues and admin mode, but no luck.
Nach oben Nach unten
evo

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeDi 26 Apr - 14:04

I'm still getting this, its really annoying
Nach oben Nach unten
evo

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 9:49

Found a way to do repaints without it, much easier actually
Nach oben Nach unten
Bus555

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 13:58

how you do?
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 12:47

I know which way you're talking about because I've done one that way myself, but this is the way it's intended to be done and I think gets better results if you do it properly. It's also easier in some ways because you haven't got to worry about painting over the window seals, stickers etc because the mask takes care of that and removes it.

@Bus555: just change the opacity to 30% ish so it's almost transparent and then save it straight to a .tga file. Then you just use the tga file in the .cti text file instead of using the converter first Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
evo

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 14:54

Just to add to the transparency thing, if you try with Adobe Photoshop CS5, it doesn't seem to work properly. Create your repaints with it as you wish, but then open the TGA file with paint.net and reduce it to 30 from there, as that is the only way I've got working repaints.
One advantage of doing it this way though is that you don't have to worry about removing those pesky stickers for logos and around the fleetnumbers!
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 20:26

Any help on this? Still not able to get it working using this method.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 23:28

All Bitmaps have to be in 24 Bit color format and have the right dimensions (all our buses have 1024x1024 textures). Perhaps this causes the error?
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeSo 15 Mai - 11:08

I saved it in such a way that it'll use exactly the same settings as the original files. I copied and pasted one of the D92 files, and renamed it. I then opened this file, pasted the new repaint on top, flattened it and then File > Save (instead of Save As). By doing this, Photoshop saves it with exactly the same settings as the original file and doesn't bring up any more windows asking me stuff like where I want to save it and what format.

Edit: I just went back and re-saved the files fresh making sure they are 24-bit, and it still does it. The dimensions of each file haven't been touched.
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitimeFr 27 Mai - 12:52

Just to say, I've solved this. The converter doesn't like Photoshop CS5 saved .bmp files (even saved as 24-bit). I downloaded paint.net and tried it and it works now.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: SDK Repaint Tool Error   SDK Repaint Tool Error Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

SDK Repaint Tool Error
Seite 1 von 1