ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Low visibility distance

Nach unten 
+4
random.monster1981
ShortCappy
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Eggtooth
8 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Eggtooth

Anzahl der Beiträge : 41

Low visibility distance Empty
BeitragThema: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeFr 25 März - 17:09

Hello.

I got visibility distance problems

When i start in berlin spandau, before i reinstalled a system, i can see almost everything before me, now, i can see only a half of a world. Cars also dissapear near the bus.. but everything is maxed out!

Core 2 Duo 3.00GHz
3GB Ram
Radeon HD4850 512mb
Windows 7

EDIT: I am uninstalling game now. It run perfect before system reinstall, after this it runs like shit.
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 1:39

The sliders "minimum object screensize" need to be "min-ed out", i.e. set them to a low value like 2%. Otherwise, the objects will disappear although still covering about 20% of the screen size.
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 10:22

Still the same. Nothing changed. Buildings dissapear before me. I noticed that everything dissapears when loading textures (before i change my bus i see almost everything, but when i put bus and textures will load, horizon dissapear).

I noticed HUGE memory leak. When my game is fully loaded it uses (!) 2GB of my ram ouf of 3GB...
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 10:43

Does this also happen when you use an option preset (like PC 2006 or PC2007)?
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 10:45

Yes, it never happened to me. Before system reinstall i can use all on max, including AAx4 + AFx8.

game loses Tiles, and everything is reduced. I see maybe 50meters from my bus.

I will record video.

EDIT:

here: zippyshare.com/v/43610933/file.html

Download and watch... any ideas?
Nach oben Nach unten
ShortCappy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 61

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 17:25

Eggtooth schrieb:
Yes, it never happened to me. Before system reinstall i can use all on max, including AAx4 + AFx8.

game loses Tiles, and everything is reduced. I see maybe 50meters from my bus.

I will record video.

EDIT:

here: zippyshare.com/v/43610933/file.html

Download and watch... any ideas?

The reason why you can't see the buildings with the bus than without the bus is that you were in two different positions on the map. When you were looking around the map with the bus from that viewing position, you were closer to Moritzstr, where the buildings in the distance "disappeared" due to the tile they're standing on hasn't loaded and the Falkenseer Ring is present. When you were looking around the map without the bus from another viewing position, you were closer to Seegefelder Str, where the buildings in the distance are shown, but the Falkenseer Ring isn't present. This is based on your "Neighboring tiles count" setting, which looks like it's set to 1. If you set it to 2, you'll be able to see the buildings in the distance, the Falkenseer Ring, and some other objects while your viewing position is at Rathaus Spandau. But the trade-off in increasing the neighboring tiles count is a decrease in the sim's performance.
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeSa 26 März - 21:22

I got tiles count on 20... No matter which settings i got- THIS IS ALWAYS LIKE THAT.
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeMo 11 Apr - 12:18

So, any help? I still got this issue...
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeMo 11 Apr - 13:43

Now I've finally watched the video.
Simple reason: When the framerate drops below 10, the tile visibility is automatically and immediately reduced to 1 to make sure that framerates won't drop even lower. It can then be increased again when you cross a tile border while having FPS above the upshift-level.
The textures in your video load very slowly, this might come from a slow HDD or graphics card, and while they're loading, your fps drops below 10 so the other tiles are removed. (OMSI cannot know if the framerate drop is the result of poor performance or because of new textures to be loaded).
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeMo 11 Apr - 14:32

Can i place in the graphic option that game reduces tiles when game runs at -10, -20 FPS? I don't really want that cutting of tiles.

I never got that issue. My PC:

Core 2 Duo 3.00GHz (E4500)
3GB RAM
Radeon HD 4850 512MB
HDD 750GB (2x hdd)

BTW: It doesn't matter which settings i got. I think that patch 1.01 destroyed something in game, like that FPS meter that tell game when it need to reduce tiles.
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeMo 11 Apr - 15:57

You can set the tile reduce fps to 1 and the tile increase fps to 2. Then OMSI should always display all tiles. But: OMSI can only increase tiles when crossing a tile border and can increase them only by 1 each time.
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeMo 11 Apr - 18:09

Not working, still the same. It's game bug.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeMo 11 Apr - 19:51

yep it's a big bug too if you ask me.

Marcel & Rudiger, Can you please look at the OMSI.exe file and find a way to make omsi utilize the GPU and ram more so it doesn't rely heavily on CPU usage.

This is the reason for the low FPS.

Also, I noticed that OMSI makes use of DX9, Is there a way you could utilize DX10 ( DX 10 gives better performance )
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 8:38

Have you moved around a bit in F4 view? Across some tile borders? This function does work, there shouldn't be any bug.
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeDi 17 Mai - 22:40

Hello, i need to refresh this thread.

Yes I moved in F4 view. I got above 20FPS, and on all maps game is reducing tiles, even if i got dynamic tile reduce FPS on 00.000...
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeDo 19 Mai - 9:42

There is the hardcoded limit of 10 FPS. If you are below, the tiledist will be set to 1 because elsewhere the "bumping" problem could occur! Wink And you cannot switch this limit off.
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeDo 19 Mai - 12:50

That's radiculous. I got above 10 FPS, below 10 only when textures loading, then 30-50.. Can you do a hotfix Rudiger? Please... Game is unplayable for me...

So why putting the FPS limit in the game, when i can't switch this off? Rudiger, please... or Marcel... Remove that thing... It happens for me on ALL details and I can't get rid of this... PLEASE No No No Crying or Very sad I never had a single problem with bouncing buses...

I really really please- remove that thing Smile

If the bouncing problem occur- add the line in the options that tiles can solve the bouncing buses issue. Please help Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeDo 19 Mai - 14:19

I really don't understand this behaviour of OMSI - of course it won't reduce tile dist to 1 if there is just ONE frame with a FPS rate below 10! Wink Please send us your options.cfg to check it out! Wink

Usually, this would work very fine and OMSI won't reduces the tiledist to 1...

But I also wonder why is OMSI unplayable? It just reduces the view, but you should be still able to play OMSI, aren't you?
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeDo 19 Mai - 20:39

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
I really don't understand this behaviour of OMSI - of course it won't reduce tile dist to 1 if there is just ONE frame with a FPS rate below 10! Wink Please send us your options.cfg to check it out! Wink

Usually, this would work very fine and OMSI won't reduces the tiledist to 1...

But I also wonder why is OMSI unplayable? It just reduces the view, but you should be still able to play OMSI, aren't you?

No, because when game loading tiles: game lags... And it makes game look horrible. But the main issue is a lag- when a tile loads- i got only 1FPS, for 2-5 seconds, then normal...

file: zippyshare.com/v/36291933/file.html Those are actual in-game settings. Test settings... also- same behaviour. I noticed that on Low details game reduces tiles: but after longer time (10-20 seconds), on high after shorter (1-4 seconds)

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

I set to max details: and it reduces right after FPS is on 9, no matter how long. On low details aswell.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 9:19

OK, the options are looking ok so far... just one thing: Why did you adjust the max tile dist to 10? This is much too much; please reduce it for tests to 3!

Getting 1 FPS for such a long time is also not ok... perhaps this depends on your large max tile dist value?
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 12:03

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
OK, the options are looking ok so far... just one thing: Why did you adjust the max tile dist to 10? This is much too much; please reduce it for tests to 3!

Getting 1 FPS for such a long time is also not ok... perhaps this depends on your large max tile dist value?

I tried reducing- same.
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 12:33

Could be the speed of you HDD. Try cleaning it up and defragmenting.
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 13:10

Emil schrieb:
Could be the speed of you HDD. Try cleaning it up and defragmenting.

No because before reinstalling the system, everytyhing was fine. After fresh system install this started to happen. So HDD speed is not the issue. Neutral This shouldn't happen on fresh system install, right? My HDD's are good, and they are defragmented.

My PC:
Core 2 Duo E4500 3.00Ghz
3GB RAM
ASUS P5K SE Motherboard
Gainward GeForce GTX 460 1GB
HDD's:
1. ST3250410AS (250,1GB)
2. Hitachi HDS721050CLA362 (500,1GB)

I tried to install on both of drives.

KEEP IN MIND:
1. ON THE SAME CONFIGURATION EVERYTHING WAS FINE BEFORE FRESH SYSTEM INSTALL!!!
2. I Tried the Radeon Graphic Cards (Radeon HD4850 512MB) - same issue.

Nach oben Nach unten
97OrionVCNG

97OrionVCNG

Anzahl der Beiträge : 137

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 13:29

I recommend you to do this.Go to Control Panel to the NVIDA Contol panel and manually change the settings to "BEST PERFORMANCE" when mines was on Best Quality I was getting 20-30FPS outside the bus and 15-20 in the drivers seat operating.When I moved the slider from Best Quality to Best performance I noticed my frames went up by double so everything is smoother.I didn't notice a decrease in graphics though.Hope that helps.
Nach oben Nach unten
Eggtooth

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 22:56

97OrionVCNG schrieb:
I recommend you to do this.Go to Control Panel to the NVIDA Contol panel and manually change the settings to "BEST PERFORMANCE" when mines was on Best Quality I was getting 20-30FPS outside the bus and 15-20 in the drivers seat operating.When I moved the slider from Best Quality to Best performance I noticed my frames went up by double so everything is smoother.I didn't notice a decrease in graphics though.Hope that helps.
I tried that now. Still the same, but FPS incerased (+10FPS), but still: game loses tiles, and removing them, by decreasing the visibility distance.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Low visibility distance   Low visibility distance Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Low visibility distance
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter