ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Map hotkey

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Tarc

Tarc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 74

Map hotkey Empty
BeitragThema: Map hotkey   Map hotkey Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 13:19

It would be nice to have some sort of a map. A real driver knows its city.
By now I'm used to Spandau and find my way but what about those who just start out playing; or future maps, addons.
If not a minimap that's constantly there (that would be unrealistic), just pressing Tab would bring up one, OR just like you press Insert to take a look at your timetable, you could have a paper map there, too (to be realistic).

By the way I don't think it's hard to implement the generating of a map automatically, showing streets, stops and your current position. Since the game is based on Tiles, it's even simpler to develop.
I was really surprised to see there is no such feature in the game. Or am I missing something?

Sure, there is a printable map in the PDF, and I do have it printed out, but once again, there is Grundorf, and the tons of unofficial maps coming as addons.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://tarcdnb.deviantart.com/
StoneC0ld1

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

Map hotkey Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Map hotkey   Map hotkey Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 14:10

There is a function in the game to show arrows above the streets directing you which way to go and which stops you need to stop at. I believe the icon in the ALT menu includes a yellow arrow pointing to the right or left... Between that and a printout of the map PDF, I think that's the best we've got. Even without a printout of the map (such as if someone doesn't have a usable printer), I think it would still be easy for a new player to navigate the route with only the direction arrows.
Nach oben Nach unten
Tarc

Tarc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 74

Map hotkey Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Map hotkey   Map hotkey Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 14:56

StoneC0ld1 schrieb:
There is a function in the game to show arrows above the streets directing you which way to go and which stops you need to stop at. I believe the icon in the ALT menu includes a yellow arrow pointing to the right or left... .

Yes I'm aware of the arrow system. Yet again, if anything, than floating arrows is unrealistic.
That's why I mean a map that you can only take a peek at (not a minimap).

StoneC0ld1 schrieb:
I think it would still be easy for a new player to navigate the route with only the direction arrows
Of course it's easy, it's just two long straight streets in Berlin.
But not all maps are gonna be so easy. One of the biggest strength of the game is that it is easy to make mods, maps. The SDK pdf proves it. So there will be loads of maps.
Anyway it would be more realistic than arrows, AND easier.

Also, while in Spandau, I wanted to discover those few side streets, but kept running to dead ends. So I wanted to check the map but Alt+Tab-ing is not possible, pressing Tab for a quick look is better.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://tarcdnb.deviantart.com/
Gesponserte Inhalte

Map hotkey Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Map hotkey   Map hotkey Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Map hotkey
Seite 1 von 1

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
ehem. OMSI - Forum :: OMSI - The Omnibus Simulator (english) :: Wishes & Suggestions-
Gehe zu: