ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Extremely frustrated with Editor

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Gast
Gast

Extremely frustrated with Editor Empty
BeitragThema: Extremely frustrated with Editor   Extremely frustrated with Editor Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 15:47

Hi,

Well, there's no bigger OMSI fan out there than me. I really believe that! I love this sim. However I have spent 12 of the most frustrating hours of my life attempting to build my own map, with the OMSI Editor.

I understand the basics and in fact had about 3 miles of road set up with various intersections, and lots of nice looking buildings and objects.

The problem, is that there are no clearly identifiable road and intersection objects to choose and build a map with in a fast and intuitive way. Yes of course there are dozens of roads! ... and lots of intersections but I've found most don't match up with eachother or there are other problems.

I also cannot seem to find how to remove the bloody AI traffic paths from certain objects/spines. The virulaous cars are everywhere!!! I've never seen so much AI. They are driving into my bus turning circles, they are driving into shops, everywhere!

It is such a shame that the key components of road making weren't better set out, eg;-

- Single track road type A
- Single track road type B
- Dual track road type A
- Dual tack road type B
- 90 degree left turning piece
- etc, etc, etc,

......think scalextric track, and choosing 'pieces' that will all fit together. I spent hours building my first map to find that as well as the AI cars driving everywhere (how do you remove the traffic paths from certain 'pieces'???), the biggest problem I had was that my intersections didn't seem properly compatible with my roads, and the cars and buses were bumping up the boundaries. pale

Placement of basic objects like houses and shops is simple and intuitive.... if only road placement was as smooth running.

I've had to give up on my creation because it was becomming a case of 1 step forward and 3 steps back.... Sad

Cheers,
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Extremely frustrated with Editor   Extremely frustrated with Editor Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 15:53

You can set the AI traffic density for each path segment (for further information, see "Traffic rules", pg. 44 ff in the Editor SDK)

There on pg. 111 ff you'll also find a list of matching spling/intersection combinations.
Nach oben Nach unten
jswallow

Anzahl der Beiträge : 57

BeitragThema: Re: Extremely frustrated with Editor   Extremely frustrated with Editor Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 17:26

... which, while helping with the Berlin map doesn't actually give anyone a chance of doing anything normal in the real world, where all many people want is a nice crossroads where people can turn in any direction they like. Half the junctions I want to use on the Berlin map forbid left turns so they're unusable.

As David said, it's a shame there isn't a kit of more standard junctions that people can use to put a basic map together. The editor is the most powerful thing that Omsi has that I think will come into its own when people understand how it works. It's just a shame that it's such a dog of a thing to use, bug-ridden, and when we do have problems they often go completely unanswered.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Extremely frustrated with Editor   Extremely frustrated with Editor Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 13:57

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
You can set the AI traffic density for each path segment (for further information, see "Traffic rules", pg. 44 ff in the Editor SDK)

There on pg. 111 ff you'll also find a list of matching spling/intersection combinations.

Hi Rudiger,

If I missed these in the manual hands up! Apologies. Laughing Will check those pages out this evening. Cool

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Extremely frustrated with Editor   Extremely frustrated with Editor Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Extremely frustrated with Editor
Seite 1 von 1