ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Low textures causing the stutters ??

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
PeterG

Anzahl der Beiträge : 9

Low textures causing the stutters ?? Empty
BeitragThema: Low textures causing the stutters ??   Low textures causing the stutters ?? Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 10:06

I have a very old PC (3.2GHz Athlon single core, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 6600GT 128MB). Still, using minimum settings I am able to achieve pretty good frame rates, but there are those annoying millisecond pauses or stutters others are also complaining about.

I was experimenting and unchecked all three boxed at "Textures" in the Graphics (advenced) page, so only high res textures were used. I also changed the "Max. tex. mem" value to 500 MB (although my VGA memory is only 128 MB). And I was surprised to see that the stutters were gone! Even in the Berlin map, the sim now runs smoothly without (or with much fewer) stutters. So it seems loading low res textures is what causes the stuttering in the sim.

I hope the above observation helps you guys fix and optimise the simulator. And a big thank you for this game! A truly excellent bus simulator I've been waiting for all my life!

Regards,
Peter
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

Low textures causing the stutters ?? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Low textures causing the stutters ??   Low textures causing the stutters ?? Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 23:43

PeterG schrieb:
I have a very old PC (3.2GHz Athlon single core, 2GB RAM, Nvidia 6600GT 128MB). Still, using minimum settings I am able to achieve pretty good frame rates, but there are those annoying millisecond pauses or stutters others are also complaining about.

I was experimenting and unchecked all three boxed at "Textures" in the Graphics (advenced) page, so only high res textures were used. I also changed the "Max. tex. mem" value to 500 MB (although my VGA memory is only 128 MB). And I was surprised to see that the stutters were gone! Even in the Berlin map, the sim now runs smoothly without (or with much fewer) stutters. So it seems loading low res textures is what causes the stuttering in the sim.

I hope the above observation helps you guys fix and optimise the simulator. And a big thank you for this game! A truly excellent bus simulator I've been waiting for all my life!

Regards,
Peter
This simulator was meant to take only one core, so multiple cores are useless to omsi, unless the cpus can now magically run in 4GHZ+ native mode
Nach oben Nach unten

Low textures causing the stutters ??
Seite 1 von 1