ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
jswallow

Anzahl der Beiträge : 57

Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Empty
BeitragThema: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 13:57

First up, congratulations Rüdiger and Marcel for an absolutely fantastic simluation. I've been playing all week, and can't put it down - can't wait for the English translation of the technical manual so that I can start making my own maps. Smile

But ... I can only play reliably when it's daylight. As soon as I turn on my bus' lights in the evening I start shaking and bouncing my way down the road (just like other people with poor framerates). I've turned the settings down as low as I can - using the Minimal preload, but still no real improvement for me unfortunately.

From my system specs - in the quote box below - I'm guessing the main problem is the really bad graphics card I have, so is that the obvious thing to change first?

Thanks in advance for any help guys!

Zitat :
System
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manufacturer Acer
Model Aspire M3802
Total amount of system memory 4.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4 (2.5GHz)

Storage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Total size of hard disk(s) 684 GB
Disk partition (C:) 234 GB Free (341 GB Total)
Disk partition (D:) 333 GB Free (342 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD

Graphics

Display adapter type Intel(R) G45/G43 Express Chipset
Total available graphics memory 1695 MB
Dedicated graphics memory 64 MB
Dedicated system memory 0 MB
Shared system memory 1631 MB
Display adapter driver version 8.15.10.2202
Primary monitor resolution 1680x1050
DirectX version DirectX 10
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitimeSo 27 Feb - 14:51

Hello there,

The English Manual has been out for some days now. You can grab it here;

http://www.aerosoft.de/downloads/Manual_OMSI_engl.pdf

You're absolutely right that your current video card is the bottleneck for your system. That stock chipset is barely usable for most modern PC simulations and games. Pretty much any aftermarket Graphics Card would improve upon that.

You don't need to spend a fortune; I recently picked up a Nvidia 8800 GTS 512 for £50 on eBay. It's by no means a modern card but was excellent in it's day. And in conjunction with a Core2Quad Q9650 at stock 3.0GhZ, and Win XP SP3, OMSI is running beautifully with medium to high settings. No bouncing buses here, as fun as they sound!

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
jswallow

Anzahl der Beiträge : 57

BeitragThema: Re: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 11:20

David,

Many thanks for confirming my suspicions - and thanks to my favourite IT kit supplier, I've had a new Geforce 9500 delivered this morning! Works an absolute treat. I'm driving around in the rain, first thing in the morning with headlights on.

Tell you something though - having it on such a low setting originally (and being quite comfortable driving around) doesn't make you anywhere near ready for the sheer volume of traffic that appears, which all seems out to kill you! Very Happy Nor can I believe how many passengers there are either all wanting to travel at 5.30 in the morning!

On the manual front, I meant the SDK manual, which is still German only - hopefully shouldn't be too long going on comments in the forum.

John
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 11:28

Great result John. Yes some of the drivers (especially of the Opel Mantas) are a little too keen to thump bumpers!
Nach oben Nach unten
Duple

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

BeitragThema: Re: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 16:40

Sorry to hack this thread,
I have a topline ATi graphics card.. ATi Radeon 5670 1GB ram I know these are quite good but how come i still get the bouncy bus problem round that blasted roundabout?, I'm running windows 7 ultimate on a Dell studio xps 8100 with core i5 processor 8GB of ram and 1TB hard drive has anyone got any advice?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 17:32

I have very little experience of ATI cards, as I stem from the flight sim community, where there have been problems with (some) ATI cards for years. So always used Nvidia cards.

Your card has a good amount of video memory, and with the i5 and that much system RAM, I've very very surprised you're seeing bouncing buses.

I would be very confident that the problem is definately not down to your core system - I would strongly suspect that ATI card.

A couple of things to look at;-

- Check whether it's defaulted to a SLI mode. OMSI may not be suited, or it may be halfing your performance?
- Which drivers are you using? I know there were problems with the 'CCC' that ATI use, so maybe there is an alternative driver provider?
- Make sure you're using 'sensible' settings in the driver; OMSI doesn't need mega high AA or AF settings (I use AA: 4 and AF: 4) and higher settings may be incompatible.

Other than that, all I can suggest is that the next time you upgrade, go for a Nvidia; in my experience they're so much better for simming.

David.

EDIT: Notice those cards go for abour £65 brand new. For that money I dare say there's constraints. They have plenty GPU memory but I bet the clock speed etc on them is pretty low. You might want to look at investing in a replacement card. I spend £50 on a used Nvidia 8800 GTS and it's absolutely amazing with OMSI.
Nach oben Nach unten
Duple

BeitragThema: Re: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 18:10

Thanks for the reply,
I can't access CCC so I'm reinstalling it, once i can get it to work I will set it to them settings and have a whirl, I really don't understand why it is jumping there but as I said I'll have a go with those settings and then see how it fares..
Nach oben Nach unten
twm

twm

Anzahl der Beiträge : 15

BeitragThema: Re: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 18:11

Duple schrieb:
Sorry to hack this thread,
I have a topline ATi graphics card.. ATi Radeon 5670 1GB ram I know these are quite good but how come i still get the bouncy bus problem round that blasted roundabout?, I'm running windows 7 ultimate on a Dell studio xps 8100 with core i5 processor 8GB of ram and 1TB hard drive has anyone got any advice?

If it helps, I have pretty much the same system with i5-760, but with only 4GB ram and the GeForce 460 GTX 1GB rather than the Radeon, and run smoothly at 25-45 fps with 2010 settings and 8x AA/AF. (Win 7 64bit). Actually, there is no difference in FPS whether AA/AF is switched off or maxed out. May be worth you trying different drivers though.

And yes I hate that roundabout/ring. Never fail to get hit, or take the wrong exit.
Nach oben Nach unten
Duple

BeitragThema: Re: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 18:58

For some odd reason,
I cannot access CCC is there any other programs out there anyone could reccomend
Thanks
Richard
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes   Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Upgrade my PC - help me avoid the shakes
Seite 1 von 1