ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Complete To Function - Help Please!

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

Complete To Function - Help Please! Empty
BeitragThema: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 20:58

Hey, I'm trying to make a road in between these to pieces. I read the handbook and it appears I need to use the complete to function. I google translated it and it didn't explain it well enough to understand. Any developers able to help?

Complete To Function - Help Please! Problem
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 22:31

* Click on "complete to"
* Click on the one end (red cylinder)
* Click on the other end (same lane!!!)

OMSI should create the missing segments. In this case it should work (if all streets are flat on ground, I'm not really sure about that in this screen... Wink )
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 22:54

Thank you for your reply, It worked for that part but now it gives me Keine passende Losung gefunden on another part.

Complete To Function - Help Please! Problem2
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 23:07

Ah, no this is impossible, because OMSI can only complete such gaps which can be filled with just ONE curved and ONE straght segment! For this example he has to use to curved segments! Wink So it is no good idea to "complete to" gaps like these which are very short and nearly in one line! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 23:09

Ah ok thank you!
Nach oben Nach unten
Tarc

Tarc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 74

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 4:05

Did you manage to fix it? It was good to learn how it works (ie only 1 straight + 1 curved piece)
I guess you can just take the right roadpiece and give it a bigger radius
Nach oben Nach unten
http://tarcdnb.deviantart.com/
BrBlazer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 13:55

Hey there good people,

Sorry to bump this thread. I too have read the tutorial sdk and have started building a route . I have this problem too. All the roads and crossings are flat so it's not issue of different height.

I have tried using a spline of default size 10m, then tried 5m, then larger sizes before using the "complete to" but I also got this error, even though I had previously just used the function for the previous spline > crossing on my map and it worked fine.

Here is a screenshot:

Complete To Function - Help Please! 2meblw8

My best to all.
Nach oben Nach unten
Tarc

Tarc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 74

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 14:52

BrBlazer schrieb:
Hey there good people,

Sorry to bump this thread. I too have read the tutorial sdk and have started building a route . I have this problem too. All the roads and crossings are flat so it's not issue of different height.

I have tried using a spline of default size 10m, then tried 5m, then larger sizes before using the "complete to" but I also got this error, even though I had previously just used the function for the previous spline > crossing on my map and it worked fine.

Here is a screenshot

My best to all.

Hi, As explained above by Marcel, the Complete to... function only works in certain situations:
It can find the connection between two parts in ONE CURVE.
If TWO curves are needed (like an 'S' shape), it is not posible: it is way too complex to calculate, so it is left out; unsupported.

Complete To Function - Help Please! 8022d8d8c88680aab1588906bd712fd287887d59ed5bcf878107ce27e9781ec16g
(p.s. CW means Clockwise, CCW Counter-clockwise)

Just like in your example, even if the two intersections are perfectly PARALLEL, the only way to connect the two is by an S curve (unless they are perfectly precise and can be joined with a straight part, in which case you can do it manually.)

Zoom in and find out which direction they are shifted (ie here A is "below" B vertically).
Then you can attempt to make a short spline "Curve 1" in the example, once it's done and ends inbetween A and B, you should be able to use the Complete To... function to complete it to B.
Or you could lay down straight elements from left to right, as you go (intersection->spline->intersection->spline, etc) instead of laying down the intersections first.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://tarcdnb.deviantart.com/
BrBlazer

Anzahl der Beiträge : 4

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeDi 15 März - 20:35

Thank you. Some rotation of the crossing and I got it working.

Another question if you don't mind me asking in this topic. How do I "join" 2 roads so that their tracks also "join"? I got 2 roads close or overlapping but I see 2 "ends" of the tracks.

Also, is this complete to function available say, for a 3 lane road and a 2 lane crossing?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 15:44

No, you cannot join different spline types together. Or better said: You can try it, but you will have large troubles with the AI. In this case, you need a special "transition" object! (Some kind of "crossing" without crossing, you understand...? Wink )
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Complete To Function - Help Please!   Complete To Function - Help Please! Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Complete To Function - Help Please!
Seite 1 von 1