ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

System requirements

Nach unten 
+43
kd
MAN_SD200
cf4180
naicou
Kristian
CityBus
Tom523
qwertyqatar
Dublindeveloper
ShortCappy
EDawg
MrArchos
Thiago
Ralph Kramden
Neven
Skiv
Eggtooth
harry7430
Evaldas.Z
Razor
Code-121
Stefan
Amy Rose
Neobus_Citta
FR1GTS
Vincent
LightingTechie
Sanos
ruicp
tomtoon
cmcn121
random.monster1981
gonzalmapi
danny_cc
Cas
Marcel Kuhnt
Pedro
peterZZD
GLaDOS
krtz07
Se7en
Kernel
Rüdiger Hülsmann
47 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

System requirements - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 23 Dez - 11:57

I'll buy the game too!! 30E is nothing for a sim like this!
Couldn't said it better myself Pedro! Smile

Zuletzt von Se7en am Do 21 Apr - 20:38 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Cas

Cas

Anzahl der Beiträge : 90

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 23 Dez - 18:38

All this talk about performance ... the game isn't even released yet Suspect

If you're that anxious about whether or not OMSI will run on your computer, just wait until release and the reports of people with similar systems about what performance they're getting.

Personally I don't think you have that much to worry about, like any good simulator OMSI will probably allow you to customize graphics e.d. to a great extent, and if performance should not be up to your likings you can always upgrade your system later...
Nach oben Nach unten
http://arriva.casfiles.net
danny_cc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 7

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 23 Dez - 18:44

WOW high specs but it is worth it Very Happy I am thinking this will run smoothly on a Dell Alienware M17x. Is this correct? If so I had better start saving up and fast because there is no chance OMSI would even start up on my current Laptop it is a HP G7000 Sad It can't even run that crappy game Bus Driver wihout lagging so there is no chance it will run OMSI Sad

Great game guys Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 23 Dez - 18:54

k, i'm sorry about my posts before, even if it run or not i'm gonna buy it, to show that i really wait/waited for that simulator.

Anyway:

I'm preparing my notebook for OC - yes overclocking, i have cleaned cooling fan, bought cooling pad etc. Also can someone say is it worth to change my processor: T5750 2MB L2 (2.0GhZ) to T8300 which got 3MB L2 and 2.4 Ghz or maybe T9300 which got 2.5 Ghz with 4MB L2 cache, but costs 2x bigger, there is yet T9800 which have 6MB L2 with 2.93 Core... thats really fast costs $100, is it really worth? Mainly from T5750 to T8300.

Thanks for support.
Nach oben Nach unten
gonzalmapi

Anzahl der Beiträge : 6

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 23 Dez - 19:38

I will buy, but I haven't computer to move this precious simulator and I wait to play
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 12:10

firstly.. lol at people blatantly shouting out that they are going to pirate this in a developers forum.

secondly, 2.4Ghz single core isn't too hard to come by these days for a decent price.

BUT I think the reason that person has said all that would be maybe the fact that they would have to buy the game, register/activate and install.. to find that it barely runs at all.. and thus cannot get a refund if it doesnt run.

The lack of a demo will most likely lead to some people downloading OMSI illegally in order for them to gauge their system performance before spending any money on it.

Let's not turn this into a flame war however, I'm not agreeing with it nor do I condone it.

OMSI looks fantastic Marcel by the way, you've done a very good job of it and I'll be looking forward to creating buses and cities/routes for OMSI upon release.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 12:48

We never said, that there will never be a demo version of OMSI. But we have said, that there won't come a demo before release; the reason is simple: OMSI is not finished so a demo version won't give you the feeling of the final OMSI (just because of some missing features or errors in the demo).
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 13:01

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
We never said, that there will never be a demo version of OMSI. But we have said, that there won't come a demo before release; the reason is simple: OMSI is not finished so a demo version won't give you the feeling of the final OMSI (just because of some missing features or errors in the demo).

aaaaaaaaaah, see I misunderstood that, ( apologies )

well I will almost definitely prefer to play a demo version before buying just to see what kind of performance I'd get in the full version.

Good Work Marcel, You my friend.. are a God to us Bus Enthusiasts.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 14:54

random.monster1981 schrieb:
well I will almost definitely prefer to play a demo version before buying just to see what kind of performance I'd get in the full version.

But please mind: We also didn't promise a demo! We just don't know it yet.
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 15:50

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

But surely the idea behind a demo is to allow people to try OMSI before release and before buying it, and also for them to spot any errors that you may have missed? A demo is also for people to check that OMSI will run on there PC so they know if they should buy it or not instead of spending 30 euros only to find that it wont run.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 16:05

cmcn121 schrieb:
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:

But surely the idea behind a demo is to allow people to try OMSI before release and before buying it, and also for them to spot any errors that you may have missed? A demo is also for people to check that OMSI will run on there PC so they know if they should buy it or not instead of spending 30 euros only to find that it wont run.

exactly, I'm confident my system will run it at maximum settings, but I still would like an opportunity to see how it runs performance wise before spending any money.

I think a demo would be more beneficial to those who are unsure of their system and how it may handle OMSI.

Let us all hope that a Demo gets released either shortly before or shortly after OMSI is available.
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 16:28

Pedro schrieb:
(...)
Well, let me say this:
You are absolute and complete fucking idiots, both of you.
(...)
1. Thanks for cursing at me but since there is no rule list on this forum you can't even get a warning!
2. "ONLY" - prove it. There are other bus simulators (some of them not as good as OMSI seems to be), like the now-popular Polish vBus (which got a new feature in version a6c.RC3.1) which is FREE and OPEN-SOURCE. Can you beat that? €30 is twice my pocket-money but I don't wish to spend it on a CD that will provide me with a game that doesn't bother even running fairly good!
BTW. vBus has been worked on since late 1990s - compare that.
3. Skip the "very" in "very small", will ya? There's quite a lot of bus fans all over the world and some of them will make use of OMSI like some of them already made use of vBus. I was just complaining about the system requirements WHICH I HAVE RIGHT TO. I won't say anything about the reward part...
4. I don't feel like getting a new processor to a new laptop for a new game, OK? I play EuTS and it's running quite OK but I assume it's a completely different story with it.
5. OK, wait few years. I don't feel like growing up more yet.
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Thank you! Smile
Read above Smile
Cas schrieb:

If you're that anxious about whether or not OMSI will run on your computer, just wait until release and the reports of people with similar systems about what performance they're getting.

Personally I don't think you have that much to worry about, like any good simulator OMSI will probably allow you to customize graphics e.d. to a great extent, and if performance should not be up to your likings you can always upgrade your system later...
6. But still we can comment the requirements, can't we?
7. I'm not waiting till the release because I don't feel like waiting for a game I won't be even able to play.
8. Well, we can always suspect developers to forget about 60 or so lines of code which will allow to change settings. And, read point no 4, please.
firstly.. lol at people blatantly shouting out that they are going to pirate this in a developers forum.

secondly, 2.4Ghz single core isn't too hard to come by these days for a decent price.

BUT I think the reason that person has said all that would be maybe the fact that they would have to buy the game, register/activate and install.. to find that it barely runs at all.. and thus cannot get a refund if it doesnt run.

The lack of a demo will most likely lead to some people downloading OMSI illegally in order for them to gauge their system performance before spending any money on it.

Let's not turn this into a flame war however, I'm not agreeing with it nor do I condone it.

OMSI looks fantastic Marcel by the way, you've done a very good job of it and I'll be looking forward to creating buses and cities/routes for OMSI upon release.
9. This was a warning showing how people are going to react.
10. I've got dual-core 2.3GHz, ain't that bad?
11. Nope, I don't feel like buying, I don't feel like activating and I don't feel like installing OMSI. Not anymore.
12. Bravo for smart thinking. This wasn't a joke.
13. I don't wish to turn this into a war anyways.
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
14. People lose patience with time and no-one will help that.

Anyways, the 14 points you see above is my reaction to reactions to my early complains.
See you on vBus roads,
Piotr Sekuła.
Nach oben Nach unten
Pedro

Pedro

Anzahl der Beiträge : 68

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 18:13

peterZZD schrieb:

1. Thanks for cursing at me but since there is no rule list on this forum you can't even get a warning!
There was a reason why I cursed at you, and you still don't get what it was. You do NOT go to a developers forum and tell them you're going to steal their game. That's just common sense, which you seem to lack.

peterZZD schrieb:

2. "ONLY" - prove it. There are other bus simulators (some of them not as good as OMSI seems to be), like the now-popular Polish vBus (which got a new feature in version a6c.RC3.1) which is FREE and OPEN-SOURCE. Can you beat that? €30 is twice my pocket-money but I don't wish to spend it on a CD that will provide me with a game that doesn't bother even running fairly good!
vBus is hardly a simulator. It's a cartoonish game with no physics engine at all (well, there is a basic one in development) that just happens to have buses in it. I don't want to spit in the developers work at all,they have done more than I can do. However, having a game where you can go from point A to point B in a bus while stopping and opening the doors along the way does not make it a bus simulator.
Infact, I make buses for a game called Rigs of Rods. You can open the doors, set the destination board and drive from point A to point B. Yet, does that qualify it as a bus simulator? No, not at all.

peterZZD schrieb:

3. Skip the "very" in "very small", will ya? There's quite a lot of bus fans all over the world and some of them will make use of OMSI like some of them already made use of vBus.
I think you're over estimating the size of the community...

peterZZD schrieb:

I was just complaining about the system requirements WHICH I HAVE RIGHT TO. I won't say anything about the reward part...
You have a right to have an oppinion. You do NOT have the right to voice it. When you choose to do so, people react to it, in a friendly (or not so friendly) way, which is exactly what's happened here.

peterZZD schrieb:

4. I don't feel like getting a new processor to a new laptop for a new game, OK? I play EuTS and it's running quite OK but I assume it's a completely different story with it.
Don't. My processor is 2GB, and I think it'll run OMSI. Maybe in the lowest settings, but it'll run it nevertheless.
If it doesn't, you've got two choices: uninstall OMSI (and then RAAAAAAGE about how it doesn't work and the developers suck and your PC runs every other game so it's the developers fault) or get a new CPU. You can get a decent one for an extremely cheap price. And don't say "I don't want to get one just for OMSI". Your entire computer will run faster and smoother, and so will all the other games you own.

peterZZD schrieb:

...that's fine.

peterZZD schrieb:

Well, as you can see, you're the only one saying that you're going to download the game. Everyone else is on the developers' side. So don't speak for anyone else but yourself.

Anyway, this is getting really offtopic (sorry Marcel Sad )
I suggest that, if you do wish to reply, you do so in a PM.

Merry Christmas
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 18:38

Guys, come on, its christmas time so stop fighting. Btw even if my pc will run omsi or not ill buy it to show that i respect Marcel and Rudiger. Merry christmas.
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 18:41

Kernel schrieb:
Guys, come on, its christmas time so stop fighting. Btw even if my pc will run omsi or not ill buy it to show that i respect Marcel and Rudiger. Merry christmas.
I know my system is BARELY going to run it on everything low, but I am buying it also to show the respect to Marcel and his colleague/friend Rudiger!

Merry Christmas!
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 23:47

peterZZD schrieb:
Pedro schrieb:
(...)
Well, let me say this:
You are absolute and complete fucking idiots, both of you.
(...)
3. Skip the "very" in "very small", will ya? There's quite a lot of bus fans all over the world and some of them will make use of OMSI like some of them already made use of vBus. I was just complaining about the system requirements WHICH I HAVE RIGHT TO. I won't say anything about the reward part...
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Thank you! Smile
Read above Smile
Cas schrieb:

6. But still we can comment the requirements, can't we?
7. I'm not waiting till the release because I don't feel like waiting for a game I won't be even able to play.
8. Well, we can always suspect developers to forget about 60 or so lines of code which will allow to change settings. And, read point no 4, please.

10. I've got dual-core 2.3GHz, ain't that bad?
11. Nope, I don't feel like buying, I don't feel like activating and I don't feel like installing OMSI. Not anymore.
12. Bravo for smart thinking. This wasn't a joke.
13. I don't wish to turn this into a war anyways.
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
14. People lose patience with time and no-one will help that.

Anyways, the 14 points you see above is my reaction to reactions to my early complains.
See you on vBus roads,
Piotr Sekuła.

Just to try and put my two cents into the mix. If the FPSes are low on any system which plays OMSI, you can always adjust Anti-leasing, drawing distance, and other options down in the both the sim as well as the graphics card manager. I have no idea why OMSI requires a minimal of 2.6 GHZ for the single core processor, hopefully they were on the safe side with that amount. But a decent? Simulator like this would require a decent computer to run it on though! I have been waiting for a simulator like this all of my life so a cost of computer upgrades or a new computer to play it would just be a small price to pay.

In any case, they said that 2.3 Dual cores should be OK, and if I understand the system requirements correctly, it did listed dual core processors down as a recommended CPU, or a Single Core (if I understand correctly) 3.0GHZ would do. i highly doubt that a 2.2GHZ Intel Core I5 processor would be too slow for this. It really all depends on the architectural of the CPU! From the given amount of textures, ram size, both of the graphics card and RAM on the system would be the ultimately factor here.

I used to have a Pentium 4 1.6 GHZ computer and have played games which required a minimal of 2.0 GHZ processor before and received Good performance.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 25 Dez - 13:48

Pedro schrieb:
peterZZD schrieb:

There was a reason why I cursed at you, and you still don't get what it was. You do NOT go to a developers forum and tell them you're going to steal their game. That's just common sense, which you seem to lack.
Is it so I can f**k off this forum? Sorry, not yet.
This isn't a developers' forum, this is the simulator's forum, for clarity! And anyway, there is surely going to be a hell of torrents around the Internet with OMSI at June, this is just a warning. I give up the idea of "stealing", as you have (in)correctly described it.

Pedro schrieb:
peterZZD schrieb:

vBus is hardly a simulator. It's a cartoonish game with no physics engine at all (well, there is a basic one in development) that just happens to have buses in it. I don't want to spit in the developers work at all,they have done more than I can do. However, having a game where you can go from point A to point B in a bus while stopping and opening the doors along the way does not make it a bus simulator.
Infact, I make buses for a game called Rigs of Rods. You can open the doors, set the destination board and drive from point A to point B. Yet, does that qualify it as a bus simulator? No, not at all.
OK... we're misundestanding each other. I'll just make one last OT here.
vBus is a simulator (even the authors hate it when it's called a game) which was developed solely for buses and trolleybuses (Marcel! Will OMSI support trolleybuses, by the way?) that has a little of physics (engine and gear-box workings, weight is simulated as well). I don't want to fight here, OK? OMSI and vBus so far share some common bits and bobs, but one has advantages over the other and vice versa. And we can't help it.
RoR seems to support all road vehicles, which makes it part-suitable for buses... It qualifies as a simulator, though, but not a bus one, but of all road vehicles.

Pedro schrieb:
peterZZD schrieb:

3. Skip the "very" in "very small", will ya? There's quite a lot of bus fans all over the world and some of them will make use of OMSI like some of them already made use of vBus.
I think you're over estimating the size of the community...
I'll make a head-count sometime and will see. There is quite a lot of bus fans in Poland alone (otherwise vBus wouldn't exist) and the fact that there mightn't be so many on Portugal doesn't make it so small community world-wide.

Pedro schrieb:
peterZZD schrieb:

I was just complaining about the system requirements WHICH I HAVE RIGHT TO. I won't say anything about the reward part...
You have a right to have an oppinion. You do NOT have the right to voice it. When you choose to do so, people react to it, in a friendly (or not so friendly) way, which is exactly what's happened here.
Like I didn't know it already.

Pedro schrieb:
peterZZD schrieb:

Don't. My processor is 2GB, and I think it'll run OMSI. Maybe in the lowest settings, but it'll run it nevertheless.
If it doesn't, you've got two choices: uninstall OMSI (and then RAAAAAAGE about how it doesn't work and the developers suck and your PC runs every other game so it's the developers fault) or get a new CPU. You can get a decent one for an extremely cheap price. And don't say "I don't want to get one just for OMSI". Your entire computer will run faster and smoother, and so will all the other games you own.
But still I'd buy a processor because one single sim/game doesn't run good enough. And other games will be just a side effect.

Pedro schrieb:
peterZZD schrieb:

...that's fine.
Thank you.

Pedro schrieb:
peterZZD schrieb:

Well, as you can see, you're the only one saying that you're going to download the game. Everyone else is on the developers' side. So don't speak for anyone else but yourself.
Maybe there are others who haven't made my mistake and shut their mouth? You never know.

Pedro schrieb:
Anyway, this is getting really offtopic (sorry Marcel Sad )
I suggest that, if you do wish to reply, you do so in a PM.

Merry Christmas
And this is my last word in this subject.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year *

*) I don't know why am I saying that :X
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 25 Dez - 18:30

Marcel, why you cannot post your PC Spec.? Everyone would compare then their PC to your and say how far we can play with OMSI? hmm, isn't it easier?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 25 Dez - 22:05

Because it is not the only system where OMSI runs. And because everybody would compare to the video, but that isn't exact because of our video recording software! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 25 Dez - 22:11

Oh ok. Thx for answer.
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 29 Dez - 15:35

My laptop should be ok for the system requirements, I am assuming?

AMD Athlon X2 64 QL-64 Dual Core 2.1GHz
3GB RAM
250GB HDD
15.6" LED HD Screen
ATi HD 3200
Windows 7 Home Premium

Should be adequate right?
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 29 Dez - 17:31

A bit faster than my, it pass minimal requirements, but not faster for long, in few days i'm chaning my Processor to T9300 (2.5 ghz, 6mb l2, 800mhz FSB), also i overclocked GPU (over + 20 fps in most games). But your pc is enough for minimal.
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 29 Dez - 18:22

what's your GPU, just curious?

I plan on getting this rig (or similar) very soon to play these types of games:

System requirements - Seite 2 Pcbuild
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 29 Dez - 18:46

atm:

T5750 (Intel) 2.0 ghz, 667 FSB
9300M G 256mb
+ Windows 7 Ultimate

If u want overclock ur video card that was my original clocks:

Core: 400mhz
Memory: 400mhz
Shader: 800mhz

Now i have:
Core: 580mhz
Memory: 510 mhz
Shader: 1400mhz

But before i started overclocking it, i opened notebook, cleaned with sprit 95%, putted paste Arctic Silver 5 and started overclocking, in "MAX" gaming i got: ~ 80 celcius.
So before u want do anything about overclock i suggest to read articles, clean notebook, put new Paste and later slowy moving up clocks of ur GPU.

Wink

Edit:
oh i didnt notice the screen, ya with this pc you shouldn't have any problems with OMSI.

P.S.
In simulators most important is Processor, of course it doesn't mean u don't need a graphic card. I suggest maybe i7 if possible ;p
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 29 Dez - 19:07

that i5 a quad core. and your GPU doesnt look up to it. also since how can u upgrade a laptop CPU?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: System requirements   System requirements - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

System requirements
Seite 2 von 7Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Weiter