ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Multiplayer

Nach unten 
+22
The Rock
r2d2
Amy Rose
PeterG
kd
Irreo
Naduct
peterZZD
supertoast92
makkafaction
cmcn121
GLaDOS
Neven
Cam
Janniboy
zavage
Se7en
Jacob1029
Kernel
flippy1008
Marcel Kuhnt
random.monster1981
26 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter

Would You like to see 16+ players in Multiplayer Added to OMSI.
Yes
Multiplayer Vote_lcap82%Multiplayer Vote_rcap
 82% [ 80 ]
No
Multiplayer Vote_lcap18%Multiplayer Vote_rcap
 18% [ 17 ]
Stimmen insgesamt : 97

AutorNachricht
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 17 Dez - 13:47

I think I speak for EVERYBODY here when I say I would like to see multiplayer implemented into this simulator sunny

Frankly, I find it sad that OMSI has no multiplayer whatsoever.

Take a look and ( Click This Video ) , This game is almost 11 years old and has 8 player multiplayer on it. Very Happy

I would rush out and Pre-order OMSI right now If I could but the lack of multiplayer isn't appealing to me. Sad

Come on Marcel, for such a realistic simulator to work very well and sell well, we need Multiplayer added to OMSI, perhaps in the form of a Free Patch/Addon for all customers. Cool

I have got over 100 buses for Midtown Madness 2 which I could convert to OMSI quite easily. Shocked

I really want to buy OMSI and If multiplayer gets announced I'd be happy to buy OMSI straight away. cheers

Then me and a group of about 15 friends could go on multiplayer and do some routes Smile

plzzzzzzz make multiplayer Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 17 Dez - 14:05

Sorry, but it is just impossbile to implement multiplayer in this short time. And I cannot promise you that Omsi will ever have multiplayer.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 17 Dez - 15:15

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Sorry, but it is just impossbile to implement multiplayer in this short time. And I cannot promise you that Omsi will ever have multiplayer.

That is really unfortunate Sad

I think then, the only way this Simulator will survive is simply due to people making new routes and buses, but I feel it won't be anywhere near as much fun doing the routes all on my own with no other players to interact with Sad

would you be looking to add multiplayer at some point Via a patch?
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 17 Dez - 16:59

a) You will be able to create your own routes and share them. You could do this by claiming the route from a suposable Route file with Omni main folder, and then upload it on a DirectLink type website for sharing. There wont be an official database, just your own means

b) There will be AI buses doing alternate routes to the ones you are doing again to a timetable, so you can feel like you are driving with others. You might even be able to give a 'wave' greeting.
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 17 Dez - 17:23

This simulator won't survive? Why ? I didn't saw the concurency.. em.

@up
Also you can make your own buses & scripts.
Nach oben Nach unten
Jacob1029

Anzahl der Beiträge : 51

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 17 Dez - 20:42

I want Omsi as much as everyone else, and MP is such a huge addon to add that I don't think it should be added right now, lets just focus on the actual game getting all the great features done and polished. However I would love MP in Omsi, and I defiantly think it would be well worth adding, perhaps as an expansion pack? I would pay for that.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 17 Dez - 21:02

Kernel schrieb:
This simulator won't survive? Why ? I didn't saw the concurency.. em.

@up
Also you can make your own buses & scripts.

what I mean is pretty much that, in this day and age.. 2010/2011, to have games that feature no multiplayer feature is imho a backwards step, thus making the replay factor less than games of other types, I'm not suggesting multiplayer on the day of release, of course I'm not, I AM suggesting the idea that it could be added in a future update or patch / free addon.

For me personally, half of the fun of any PC title comes from a multiplayer Aspect.

I am very Certain that Marcel and the other creator of OMSI could very well program an addon which integrates Multiplayer into OMSI at a later date.

They've got the Ability to make a Simulator that can accurately represent every mechanical aspect of the bus and the workings of a bus, so I cannot see how it could be difficult for them to improve the simulator further by adding multiplayer at a later date after release.

This won't prevent me from buying it, however I will most likely wait until it goes on a sale before purchasing.

Jacob1029 schrieb:
However I would love MP in Omsi, and I defiantly think it would be well worth adding, perhaps as an expansion pack? I would pay for that.

Considering that Multiplayer is such a common theme in virtually every PC title out there ( besides the few exceptions ) I would have to disagree about the selling of an expansion pack which adds multiplayer to OMSI, something like multiplayer should be added in a free DLC/Patch of some sort, by doing so, OMSI would have a wider audience and more people will buy OMSI for the multiplayer aspect.
Nach oben Nach unten
Jacob1029

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 17 Dez - 21:42

Ok then, you code it, because its a hell of a lot of work and I think most people want to be able to play and mod this game as soon as possible, whilst letting the devs have a well earned rest period.
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 17 Dez - 22:59

That's your opinion! I like OMSI without MP and nothing will prevent me from buying OMSI. If you want buses+multiplayer, go play RoR. Plenty of buses from you to choose!
And I agree with Jacob, it would take a half a year for this to code, bug fix and optimize! Smile

Se7en
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 6:13

Se7en schrieb:
That's your opinion! I like OMSI without MP and nothing will prevent me from buying OMSI. If you want buses+multiplayer, go play RoR. Plenty of buses from you to choose!
And I agree with Jacob, it would take a half a year for this to code, bug fix and optimize! Smile

Se7en

Also, fast server is needed too, which costs to host.
Nach oben Nach unten
zavage

zavage

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1034

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 9:35

One idea for multiplayer is that the bus drivers drive all by itself and there are no bus drivers for KI
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 11:02

The AI buses aren't the problem with MP. The main problem is the "normal" traffic: if everyone in the MP session has its "own" traffic, player A don't see the same traffic like player B. So player B brakes because of its traffic but player A doesn't see this traffic and wonders about this action player B does! Of course there are possible solutions and of course we thought about MP - but finally we decided not to include it yet because of the huge time to spend before it will run properly! And of course we don't no wether we will include it in future.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 15:15

Jacob1029 schrieb:
Ok then, you code it, because its a hell of a lot of work and I think most people want to be able to play and mod this game as soon as possible, whilst letting the devs have a well earned rest period.

Didn't you read what I typed?
I'll quote myself shall I?
random.monster1981 schrieb:
I'm not suggesting multiplayer on the day of release, of course I'm not, I AM suggesting the idea that it could be added in a future update or patch / free addon.

I'm quite happy to play alone for a certain amount of time, but with single player only this simulator will become tedious after a while when the novelty has worn off with the amazing detail etc.
I'm not saying the Dev's shouldn't have a well earned rest because.. well.. Hell.. they DO deserve a rest, the important thing now is that the Dev's continue to add more features at a later date to OMSI after release and provide excellent Support.

I for one do not want to see this Beast of a simulator go down the toilet simply because the Devs were too lazy to implement it at some point.

Se7en schrieb:

Se7en

See above, I never said I would expect it right away on the release date, I suggested it could be done by the Dev's in a future patch to all OMSI consumers.
surely with the amount of money this simulator would bring, they could afford to hire a few people who know about implementing multiplayer into a game to create a patch which adds multiplayer functionality to OMSI.

Kernel schrieb:
Se7en schrieb:

Se7en

Also, fast server is needed too, which costs to host.

Who needs a server, it could be implemented via player matching.

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
The AI buses aren't the problem with MP. The main problem is the "normal" traffic: if everyone in the MP session has its "own" traffic, player A don't see the same traffic like player B. So player B brakes because of its traffic but player A doesn't see this traffic and wonders about this action player B does! Of course there are possible solutions and of course we thought about MP - but finally we decided not to include it yet because of the huge time to spend before it will run properly! And of course we don't no wether we will include it in future.

I have a solution for this, Disable the AI traffic and leave just the traffic lights etc to run as normal, in order to make the lights change at the same time on all players screens, I suppose a script could be developed that synchronises the game engine to whoever is hosting at any particular time, thus keeping the traffic lights on all players machines running in sync with the host's.
Nach oben Nach unten
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 16:02

I have a solution for this, Disable the AI traffic and leave just the traffic lights etc to run as normal, in order to make the lights change at the same time on all players screens, I suppose a script could be developed that synchronises the game engine to whoever is hosting at any particular time, thus keeping the traffic lights on all players machines running in sync with the host's.

This may be a solution for the traffic problem, but which kind of bus simulator was OMSI if there was no traffic in multiplayer mode? Shocked
In my opinion that would be a quite boring alternative.

Or did I missunderstand you, did you mean that the traffic lights are kept synchronous, and the traffic is placed on the map at the beginning at each user's computer?
This might be a good idea because the traffic would drive on its own then... but what happens if the cars sometimes react incidentally? Then a car at user A would for example turn right, though the same car at user B would turn left.
But I don't know if that was what you ment?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
Jacob1029

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 16:18

"[Didn't you read what I typed?"

Yup, read all of it, and my statement still stands. You can't seriously expect them to code all that for free, perhaps if this was a freeware/open source game then maybe you could but its payware..
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 16:21

It could work that way where the host is syncing with the other players in multiplayer so that the traffic on the hosts machine is the same on the connecting players machines.

I understand that having no traffic could be slightly boring if that would be the only possible way of doing it.

But in general, if we look back at older games such as Midtown Madness 2, Midtown Madness 1 etc, these games all feature an "Online Cruise" mode which allows up to 8 players to Drive around the city, each player being a physical object within the game, so.. player A brakes hard, player B crashes into Player A, Player A hears the thud and his vehicle moves forward with the force of the shunt.

In Midtown Madness 2, when people use it for driving buses, there is no traffic on multiplayer, just the 8 player maximum limit.

Midtown Madness 2 however is old, nearly 11 years old in fact, and it is quite rightly facing its Demise, OMSI is the way forward and I would love multiplayer at some point in the future.

I'm certain Marcel is going to be looking into this and I hope he is succesful.

Jacob1029 schrieb:

"[Didn't you read what I typed?"

Yup, read all of it, and my statement still stands. You can't seriously expect them to code all that for free, perhaps if this was a freeware/open source game then maybe you could but its payware..

in that case, perhaps the RRP should be lower so that it does not cost more than a PC Game would cost with Multiplayer already implemented?

Lets not beat around the bush here, you have already said in your first reply to my topic that you would like to see it in OMSI, you wouldn't buy a PC game then expect to pay for having multiplayer would you? this is no different.

I'm not arguing with you about this, I just think that both the Dev's need to think about the fanbase of OMSI and deliver what the Majority of people want.

OMSI in the uk will cost £27.99, so IF multiplayer is made, perhaps a patch sold for £5 per copy would be viable, people wouldn't complain about the price and if it adds to the OMSI experience, I would gladly pay it.
Nach oben Nach unten
Jacob1029

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 16:28

I agree with you, but this game is different. Games you see on the shelves have millions pumped into them, offices full of devs, this game has 2 and a lot less money. I think I can speak for most people in saying I just want to get my hands on this game and can certianly wait for multiplayer.
Nach oben Nach unten
Cam

Cam

Anzahl der Beiträge : 432

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 16:31

Please, remember only 2 persons develop the game.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 16:31

Jacob1029 schrieb:
I agree with you, but this game is different. Games you see on the shelves have millions pumped into them, offices full of devs, this game has 2 and a lot less money. I think I can speak for most people in saying I just want to get my hands on this game and can certianly wait for multiplayer.

I agree with you on that, like I said, in the future.. 6-12 months after release, Multiplayer would refresh the simulator so much, I'd pay a fiver for it happily, Let's see what the future of OMSI brings Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Jacob1029

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 18 Dez - 16:33

Jacob1029 schrieb:

I agree with you on that, like I said, in the future.. 6-12 months after release, Multiplayer would refresh the simulator so much, I'd pay a fiver for it happily, Let's see what the future of OMSI brings Smile

Agreed Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Neven

Neven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 100

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 18:23

Cam schrieb:
Please, remember only 2 persons develop the game.

Very good point. Also, I think that the financial costs to make OMSI multiplayer would be significantly higher as well.
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeFr 24 Dez - 20:49

Would absolutely love this, *starts painting picket signs* santa
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeSa 26 Feb - 18:43

I'm happy without multiplayer in OMSI to be honest, I've played many an online game in MM2 using buses and for the first 20mins or so it was all stoping at the stops etc etc.......then it just turns into a silly race/demo derby type thing with buses. OMSI isn't MM2, so if people want to play online with buses......go play MM2. If Marcel/Rudiger throw out a new bus model every now and then I'll be happy!
Nach oben Nach unten
makkafaction

Anzahl der Beiträge : 30

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 20:57

see my openion is that multiplayer SHOULD NOT be included. See OMSI to me, is a simulator, not a game... i may be wrong but hey thats me, now as a simulator, it aie alf blooming good, and adding mulitplayer to it, will just kill it of to speak, yes if people do it themselves then fair enough, but in all honesty the devlopers should concentrate on improving the bugs, include more routes ectect than worry about the 6 to 12 months work of just making it to multiplayer.

I thionk we would all agree on,

+ new buses including mini buses/single/double deckers
+ new maps
+ Routes on current maps

See that would improve myine and id hope others expirance of game, rather than include it to play multiplayer for then people to complain and moan for days about the bugs and late releases like what happend last week.
Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitimeMo 28 Feb - 22:15

I disagree, Multiplayer is my priority, Would be more fun that way.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Multiplayer Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Multiplayer   Multiplayer Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Multiplayer
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter