ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

TUTORIAL on how to remove the frame, and the BVG logo

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Ikaruszaki

Ikaruszaki

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

TUTORIAL on how to remove the frame, and the BVG logo Empty
BeitragThema: TUTORIAL on how to remove the frame, and the BVG logo   TUTORIAL on how to remove the frame, and the BVG logo Icon_minitimeDo 4 Aug - 17:41

Hi all!

I registered just now to explain how to get rid of the beige frame around the matrix displays, the BVG logos, and the entrance sign above the first door. Forgive me, if this topic has already been covered by someone since I last looked (I don't think it has), but better more, than none.

I know, that bits and pieces of the solution are already spread over the forum (both the German, and the English parts), but I had to construct the solution myself, even though it isn't that complicated. That's why I want to write it down all in one place. Smile

Note: my aim WAS NOT to put texture on glass, that's a different problem, there are farely well working solutions offered to that already.

So if you want to get rid of the extra parts that appear on your skin after converting them, all you have to do is get rid of every trace of these elements throughout all the texture files belonging to that bus model. Let's take an example: if you want to repaint the D92 bus, you will have to delete the corresponding parts from the D92 BS file, the D88 MA file, the D92 MU file, and the D92 AD file. How I figured it out? Trial & error, so I don't have any lists for you, except for the D83 matrix display bus (these are the two buses I was repainting), that's more easy, 'cause it has it's own of everything (MA, MU, AD, and BS).

From the BS (base) file, you'll have to remove the BVG logos, the wheelchair sticker (if yon want to), and the entrance sticker above the first door.
From the MA file (which esentially is an alpha mask) you'll have to delete the outlines of the BVG logos, the wheelchair sticker, the entrance sticker, and all three matrix display boxes (this gets rid of the border for good).
With the MU, and the AD file (which I have no idea what it is Very Happy) you'll have to do the same, as you did with the BS file. This might be a little brute force, but it works, so I don't care. Very Happy After having these modified, any repaint you'll convert will be BVG-free (cause the Repaint tool uses the textures in the templates folders).

How this works, is you give the Repaint tool the recipe (the rpc file) of what to cook up, and you give it your repaint (the bmp). It then stamps the BVG logo, the frame, and all that jazz onto your repaint, and produces the DDS file. The logo problem can be annoying, yes, but it's much more comfortable this way not having have to mind the windows, doors, other things, when you're repainting.

Some tips that are already in the forum:

*if you can't open your BMP in the Repaint tool, download paint.net (free picture editing software), and save it in 24bit format. Why it doesn't work with Photoshop? Don't have a clue.

*you might want to get Irfanview to not have to check your buses after wating for them to be loaded into OMSI, but in file format instead (yes, Irfanview opens DDS files.)

Other parts (how to get the Repaint tool, how to install the repaints to the game) are not explained here, 'cause if you see there's something wrong with your repaint, I'm guessing you already have it in the game. Very Happy

TUTORIAL on how to remove the frame, and the BVG logo Omsi_210

By the way: these textures are for Meggyliget, a fictional town based in Hungary, that I've been working on for a while now (it's my learning project). The fictional transportation company serving Meggyliget is SBV, and the coach division within that. No release date, but this is a different story... Smile

If you have any questions, I hope I can help. Smile

Cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Voith

Voith

Anzahl der Beiträge : 33

TUTORIAL on how to remove the frame, and the BVG logo Empty
BeitragThema: Re: TUTORIAL on how to remove the frame, and the BVG logo   TUTORIAL on how to remove the frame, and the BVG logo Icon_minitimeSa 26 Nov - 20:11

Ikaruszaki schrieb:

*if you can't open your BMP in the Repaint tool, download paint.net (free picture editing software), and save it in 24bit format. Why it doesn't work with Photoshop? Don't have a clue.

Hi,

It does work in photoshop if you tick the OS/2 option upon saving as BMP.

BTW, nice paints - are they available for download yet?
Nach oben Nach unten

TUTORIAL on how to remove the frame, and the BVG logo
Seite 1 von 1