ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

A suggestion maybe

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

A suggestion maybe Empty
BeitragThema: A suggestion maybe   A suggestion maybe Icon_minitimeSa 30 Jul - 14:32

Hi all

Just comparing OMSI to todays games, i wonder when the developers return, the graphics will be updated to 2011 standards, I dont know about you all, but were a far cry from the old days of gaming when memory was an issue, todays PCs and the components you can easily buy and build yourself are much better than before, if were still worried about ram and such like well that needs to change. I know many of us are running high end systems that we either built our selves or bought (i recommend build it yourself)

I had to switch to XP to run OMSI when it first came out, as the black screen issue was a major problem, with other games you don't get that, specially for today and when they started building it in 2007, we had dual core and terrabyte HDDs with ram up to 8GB, motherboards now can run 32GB DDR 3, which i'll be changing to later on this year.

I know M&Rs physics engine is like no other game, but OMSI is struggling under the power of modern systems which aren't so modern, 2007 wasn't that long ago, systems have stepped up a little but Windows is still riddled with problems, i just think the optimisation for DX9 is keeping from progressing where as most games are written in DX9 with compatibility for DX10 and 11.

Just a suggesstion - a game engine update.
Nach oben Nach unten
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

A suggestion maybe Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A suggestion maybe   A suggestion maybe Icon_minitimeSa 30 Jul - 14:45

Well, I can understand that you'd like to see a better performance with better graphics, I do the same from time to time Wink

The major problem is that OMSI is simulating a lot of physics as you've already mentioned, which needs a lot CPU power. I suppose there is not much "space" left for highend graphics.
Also don't forget that they're only two men and that they don't use any "engine", they built OMSI brick by brick on their own, so I guess an update for better performance would take much time - and I don't know if it's possible to raise the graphics level to the current standard.

That's what I have to say - of course I'm not one of the developers, if anything I told was wrong, correct me Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

A suggestion maybe Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A suggestion maybe   A suggestion maybe Icon_minitimeSa 30 Jul - 23:29

Janniboy schrieb:
Well, I can understand that you'd like to see a better performance with better graphics, I do the same from time to time Wink

The major problem is that OMSI is simulating a lot of physics as you've already mentioned, which needs a lot CPU power. I suppose there is not much "space" left for highend graphics.
Also don't forget that they're only two men and that they don't use any "engine", they built OMSI brick by brick on their own, so I guess an update for better performance would take much time - and I don't know if it's possible to raise the graphics level to the current standard.

That's what I have to say - of course I'm not one of the developers, if anything I told was wrong, correct me Wink

I suppose your right, but A LOT of CPU power with what we have today and still got problems, there's a limit line somewhere with the CPU and so forth anyhow not slating OMSI just hoping that when the makers return to the fore the level of updates needed will definitely and hopefully enhance the overall experience.

No-one is wrong or right on any comment Very Happy just wondering when there will be more news from the infamous duo!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

A suggestion maybe Empty
BeitragThema: Re: A suggestion maybe   A suggestion maybe Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

A suggestion maybe
Seite 1 von 1