ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Anything new?!

Nach unten 
+2
Harry H
cmcn121
6 verfasser
AutorNachricht
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

Anything new?! Empty
BeitragThema: Anything new?!   Anything new?! Icon_minitimeSa 23 Jul - 17:43

Hi,

A question for Marcel/Rudiger,

Are we likley to see any new buses and/or routes from you in the near future?

It'd be a shame if you just let OMSI die off by not making new things for it.
Nach oben Nach unten
Harry H

Anzahl der Beiträge : 15

Anything new?! Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Anything new?!   Anything new?! Icon_minitimeSa 23 Jul - 19:42

I agree, it would be a shame. We haven't heard anything from them in a long time, and, I don't know if I'm just blind, but I haven't seen them on the forum in a while. All that is really needed is the official SDK so people can start getting rid of bugs in their "home-made" buses. Hope to hear from them soon, because I do love this game, but is starting to get a tad tire-some
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

Anything new?! Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Anything new?!   Anything new?! Icon_minitimeSo 24 Jul - 14:38

Harry H schrieb:
I agree, it would be a shame. We haven't heard anything from them in a long time, and, I don't know if I'm just blind, but I haven't seen them on the forum in a while. All that is really needed is the official SDK so people can start getting rid of bugs in their "home-made" buses. Hope to hear from them soon, because I do love this game, but is starting to get a tad tire-some

The physics engine means any bus will operate properly but were walking blind, we have to just wait until Uni is finished, but Im sure that University must be done by now. I'll have to ask Rudiger what's the happening with the vehicle SDK as that's what we need right now.

Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

Anything new?! Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Anything new?!   Anything new?! Icon_minitimeSa 6 Aug - 16:52

Oh well,

Marcel and Rudiger haven't botherd posting anything, it looks as though OMSI is going to fade into the black pit of games that developers have given up on. Such a wase and a shame.
Nach oben Nach unten
Yufa

Yufa

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2066

Anything new?! Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Anything new?!   Anything new?! Icon_minitimeSa 6 Aug - 17:56

JunGRail have right. M+R have mor to do as Omsi.
You can download a lot on new Routs on this forum.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.verkehrsmuseum.info
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

Anything new?! Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Anything new?!   Anything new?! Icon_minitimeSo 7 Aug - 0:16

Yufa schrieb:
JunGRail have right. M+R have mor to do as Omsi.
You can download a lot on new Routs on this forum.

Sorry, i didn't catch what you wrote Smile, they have a lot left to do with OMSI or has things taken a sudden turn for the worst?
Nach oben Nach unten
alexandersitko

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

Anything new?! Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Anything new?!   Anything new?! Icon_minitimeSo 7 Aug - 10:10

Yufa meant that Marcel and Rüdiger have a lot of other things to to apart from OMSI. Afaik, they both have to complete their diploma thesis at the moment, which understandably has a higher priority than building new things for OMSI.
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

Anything new?! Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Anything new?!   Anything new?! Icon_minitimeSo 7 Aug - 10:15

Okay, this needs an official statement before cmcn121 can post any more hater comments...

At the moment we are neither developing nor planning an addon.
But that does not mean at all that we have abandoned OMSI, everyone who has followed our posts in the last time knows that the main problem is our limited time:

1) We are both working on our diploma thesis right now. That means writing a scientific paper of about 100-150 pages within three months.
2) We both are writing our thesis in cooperation with major companies (Lufthansa and Deutsche Bahn), which means a lot of extra work and practical experience of about 30-40 hrs/week.
3) We both are looking for jobs to apply for once we've got our university degree.
4) Summer time = holiday time

So these four points also limit our time we can spend on completing the SDKs. But always remember that there is at least an SDK, other developers abandon their games which aren't even moddable, whereas OMSI lives on its community and 3rd party content.

The 20 minutes it had taken me to write this post, I could also have used on describing the concepts of schedule-based train supply to operational maintainance ;-)
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Anything new?! Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Anything new?!   Anything new?! Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Anything new?!
Seite 1 von 1

Befugnisse in diesem ForumSie können in diesem Forum nicht antworten
ehem. OMSI - Forum :: OMSI - The Omnibus Simulator (english) :: General discussion-
Gehe zu: