ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Windscreen wipers?

Nach unten 
+2
JayKae
cmcn121
6 verfasser
AutorNachricht
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeDo 16 Jun - 1:16

Hi,

I found this youtube video, does anyone know how to achieve this effect with the wipers not being in sync?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eveBAWLARE&feature=related
Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

Anzahl der Beiträge : 248

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeDo 16 Jun - 6:44

Dunno, this is the website http://www.3dtranstudio.net/omsi/index.php and I have seen them post here before
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeDo 16 Jun - 11:01

Nothing on the website about how to change the wipers.

Somone must know what scripts to change to get that effect.
Nach oben Nach unten
nemeza

nemeza

Anzahl der Beiträge : 204

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeDo 16 Jun - 16:49

cmcn121 schrieb:

I think wiper speed should be in the const file. If you define a separate speed for the two wipers and change the script, you will get the function you want Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
http://nemeza.hgrg.hu
cmcn121

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeFr 17 Jun - 0:40

nemeza schrieb:
cmcn121 schrieb:

I think wiper speed should be in the const file. If you define a separate speed for the two wipers and change the script, you will get the function you want Wink

Theres nothing in the "const" file about wiper speed. Looks like i wont be able to create the effect Crying or Very sad
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeFr 17 Jun - 7:42

cmcn121 schrieb:
nemeza schrieb:
cmcn121 schrieb:

Theres nothing in the "const" file about wiper speed. Looks like i wont be able to create the effect Crying or Very sad

Have you checked in '*cfg' file of any bus?

I've had a quick look on this and found something about this.
I'm not sure but I think it doesn't require to be scripted becasue it works as it does.
The thing is to change speed of wipers moving.

In free time, I can put my fingers on it and figure it out.

Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeFr 17 Jun - 13:01

CristianSkytter schrieb:
cmcn121 schrieb:
nemeza schrieb:
cmcn121 schrieb:

Have you checked in '*cfg' file of any bus?

I've had a quick look on this and found something about this.
I'm not sure but I think it doesn't require to be scripted becasue it works as it does.
The thing is to change speed of wipers moving.

In free time, I can put my fingers on it and figure it out.

Regards.

Theres nothing in any of the files I can see that says anything about wiper speed. I'll just leave it, it's too complicated to work out.
Nach oben Nach unten
EirikhO

EirikhO

Anzahl der Beiträge : 61

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeFr 17 Jun - 13:29

The wiper speed is done with the wiper_speed item, found by searching "(S.L.wiper_speed)" in wiper.osc. There are different speeds (you have both the fast and normal wiper speeds). 3.5 is fast and 2.5 is slow (in SD200 that is, could be different values in SD202 buses). Have not found anything about different speeds on each wiper this far, will take a closer look.
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeFr 17 Jun - 14:30

I guess it's similar to door mechanism.
You can easily change the speed of closing/opening doors (every single wing) with no script editing.

But I'm not sure, just wondering.

Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeFr 17 Jun - 15:19

CristianSkytter schrieb:
I guess it's similar to door mechanism.
You can easily change the speed of closing/opening doors (every single wing) with no script editing.

But I'm not sure, just wondering.

Regards.

Theres no point, nobody knows how to do it, the person who uploaded the youtube vidoe is ignorant and wont reply to the comments.
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeSo 19 Jun - 15:03

Somthing else I was wondering,

Is there some way to get the wipers on AI buses to activate when it rains? I'm sure I saw somthing in one of the script files but I can remember where.

It looks a bit unrealistic when it's pouring with rain and buses are driving around with no wipers on.
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeMi 22 Jun - 14:46

The AI models are prepared for AI wiper usage. The scripts exist, too. And it seems that we accidentally "destroyed" that feature last minute to release. But it's easy to fix:

Open the script file "MAN_####_main_AI.osc and add "(M.L.wiper_frame)" above the {end} tag.
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeDo 23 Jun - 0:48

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
The AI models are prepared for AI wiper usage. The scripts exist, too. And it seems that we accidentally "destroyed" that feature last minute to release. But it's easy to fix:

Open the script file "MAN_####_main_AI.osc and add "(M.L.wiper_frame)" above the {end} tag.

Thanks again Rudiger!

Just wondering, do you have any ideas on how to get the wiper effect in the video at the top of the page?

Thanks!
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeDo 23 Jun - 6:22

To create this effect, the easiest way to do this would be to copy the wiper algorithm in the wiper script file and change the variable names and the speed. Then one of the wipers in the model.cfg needs to be assigned the different wiper position variable. But unless the scripting SDK is released, we can't give in-depth-support, but you may take a look at these files to understand what they do and maybe set it up for yourself (other solution: maybe the original creator of the wiper mod wants to release/share the files?)
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeFr 24 Jun - 15:51

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
To create this effect, the easiest way to do this would be to copy the wiper algorithm in the wiper script file and change the variable names and the speed. Then one of the wipers in the model.cfg needs to be assigned the different wiper position variable. But unless the scripting SDK is released, we can't give in-depth-support, but you may take a look at these files to understand what they do and maybe set it up for yourself (other solution: maybe the original creator of the wiper mod wants to release/share the files?)

Thanks Rudiger,

I *think* I know what you mean, though I'll wait and see if the author releases the files or the Scripting SDK is released before trying anything.
Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

Anzahl der Beiträge : 248

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitimeMo 25 Jul - 7:53

Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Windscreen wipers? Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Windscreen wipers?   Windscreen wipers? Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Windscreen wipers?
Seite 1 von 1