ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
jeffmorris

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Empty
BeitragThema: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitimeSa 4 Jun - 1:13

Are there English-language tutorials for creating 3D models such as streets, buildings, and buses for OMSI?
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitimeSa 4 Jun - 7:52

jeffmorris schrieb:
Are there English-language tutorials for creating 3D models such as streets, buildings, and buses for OMSI?

As developers have said, English SDK is being created.
We must be patient.

Regards.
Nach oben Nach unten
nemeza

nemeza

Anzahl der Beiträge : 204

BeitragThema: Re: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitimeSa 4 Jun - 10:53

jeffmorris schrieb:
There is an English tutorial for Map Editor. (Manual_SDK_Engl.pdf)
There are two further tutorials only in German. One is for creating scenary objects, and an other one for creating Road crossings.

So there are still missing some for Vechicle construction and OMSI-Script. OMSI Script is easy to understand, but I found information in both ENG and DEU part in several topics, so I collected them into a file available in OMSI_root\program Smile

----
Back to topic:
If you create any objects in 3D then you can convert it into OMSI. Only conversion part will be written, General 3D modelling can be learned from several tutorials, books..
I started converting a bus. First created a copy of SD85, then I'm replacing parts. I think it's a quite good (and common) way to convert any objects into OMSI. It has the advantage, that status can be always checked in the game.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://nemeza.hgrg.hu
jeffmorris

BeitragThema: Re: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitimeMo 6 Jun - 0:18

I can use filename.x files but I can't use filename.o3d files. Filename.x files show up in OMSI Editor. Filename.o3d files don't show up. I tried Blender 2.49 and 3DS MAX 2009. I found out from this forum that some versions of DirectX files are not compatible with the OMSIXConv program. Any suggestions?
Nach oben Nach unten
nemeza

nemeza

BeitragThema: Re: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitimeMo 6 Jun - 6:53

jeffmorris schrieb:
I can use filename.x files but I can't use filename.o3d files. Filename.x files show up in OMSI Editor. Filename.o3d files don't show up. I tried Blender 2.49 and 3DS MAX 2009. I found out from this forum that some versions of DirectX files are not compatible with the OMSIXConv program. Any suggestions?
o3d is a closed format, you can't edit those models. x should be editable / openable by above mentioned apps. Import using Blender, then export into 3ds or lwo (something which 3ds max support for import).
Nach oben Nach unten
jeffmorris

BeitragThema: Re: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitimeMo 6 Jun - 9:56

I took box01.sco file from \sceneryobjects\buildings_MC as template file and created a new one. The file has entries for mesh and collision_mesh but the bus that I'm driving went through the box. Also, I created a box with textures but there is white box without textures. Any suggestions?
Nach oben Nach unten
NotSure

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

BeitragThema: Re: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitimeDi 7 Jun - 9:58

So much time passed for that english manual. I was thinking, it was perhaps easier to take that german version and pay some professional translators to translate it. I doubt it would be that expensive and it would get done in seven days...
Personally, I'd even donate some money for that! And I'm sure few others would as well.
Nach oben Nach unten
nemeza

nemeza

BeitragThema: Re: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitimeDi 7 Jun - 10:58

NotSure schrieb:
So much time passed for that english manual. I was thinking, it was perhaps easier to take that german version and pay some professional translators to translate it. I doubt it would be that expensive and it would get done in seven days...
Personally, I'd even donate some money for that! And I'm sure few others would as well.
Donation stuff not a bad idea, but the topic quite specific, so at least one of Marcel or Rüdiger has to check the translation..

I think it could be laso good, if the info that has been already written into the forum would be collected into a common site / topic / wiki.. Somehow it looks like imho there is not enough time / energy / capacity to the English part of the forum / sdk.
Nach oben Nach unten
NotSure

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

BeitragThema: Re: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitimeDi 7 Jun - 12:02

nemeza schrieb:
NotSure schrieb:
Donation stuff not a bad idea, but the topic quite specific, so at least one of Marcel or Rüdiger has to check the translation..

I think it could be laso good, if the info that has been already written into the forum would be collected into a common site / topic / wiki.. Somehow it looks like imho there is not enough time / energy / capacity to the English part of the forum / sdk.

Specific or not, people that translate documents for living certainly know how to do it, and the easiest part would be to check for errors and change few sentences if its necessary...

Even google translate could do the job, I've tried it with current german manual, but it's hard to follow it since photos aren't included but the translator is actually really good between german and english and I've seen just few words that weren't translated, but those minor details would be a piece of cake to add later...

I say, the way they are translating it now is much more difficult than other options, paying for translation or just pasting whole thing into translator and fix errors later...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?   English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI? Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

English tutorials for creating 3D models for OMSI?
Seite 1 von 1