ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
SilverWarior

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI Empty
BeitragThema: Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI   Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI Icon_minitimeFr 3 Jun - 5:42

1. Change the way how pepole are apearing on stations.
Currently you set ranges about how many pepole will get on the bus and how many will exit it for each bus station. This means that if you have multiple lines going trough same bus station with little delay between their arrivals the bus wich is driving on second line would probably have no passangers to load becouse they will be picked by a bus driving the first line.
So I recomend changing this in a way that the number od pepole apearing on a bus station will be dependand of bus lines going through the bus station. This way you could have 10 passangers waiting for first line and 15 passangers waiting for second line. This will also alow designing of different types of lines like school lines, workers lines, etc.

2. Also it would be much more realistic if each of the passangers would have his own destination, meaning that he wil get off only on his destination bus stop or becouse of your recles driving. I know that designing this wouldn't be easy but it wpuld make OMSI much more realistic.

3. Change the way passangers are entering the bus. Passanger who needs to buy a ticket should enter bus through foremost dor so they don't block path to passangers who already has tickets.

4. Add another functionality to the editor wich would enable you to automaticly adjust terrain height bellow road to the height of the road itself similar as is posible in Auran's Trainz Simulator Surveyor (editor). This would make much easier designing of maps with varied terain wich includes hils, mountains, valeys etc.

5. Change editor's controls. It would be much better if zooming would be controlled with mouse wheel. Current way of holding right mouse button can interfere with the way it is used for moving around the map. For instance you try to move your map to different location so you do right click on a landscape. But if you have a mouse with high acuracy it si quite posible that you would move mouse just a bit when presing the right mouse button and this causes the program to try to change zoom level based on mouse move instead od moving map position. Since I have such a mouse it can be quite frustrating sometimes.

6. Change gas stations so that they contain trafic paths trough them. This way it would be posible to see cars stoping on gas stations for refils.

7. Design various parking spaces wich would actualy aloww cars to pull ower on them. For game's optimizations you can change cars model from physical to static once car has parked and then change it back into physical just before it drives away.

8. Design program wich would alow users easily making paint jobs for buses. I don't mean the program wich would actualy support painting a texture even thou it would be werry nice. What I mean is a program wich alow simply chosing wich files are used for bus texture and has ability to preview the bus.

9. Also having a program for designing rolsigns in similar mater would be excelent.

10. Adding another funcionality to editor for editing map depots would also be verry useful.
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI   Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI Icon_minitimeFr 3 Jun - 7:34

1. It's senseless in my opinion.
If two lines run though same stops, why people shouldn't enter the first one? Wouldn't you get on this bus to be quckier on your destination? Laughing
Real passengers are not so patient to await for delayed bus, aren't they? Wink

2. I'm not sure what you mean, but every passenger does have its own destinaion point. How can you say it doesn't? How did you check it? Razz
It's randomly generated by the game.
If you want each guy to get on and off at same stops every time, you should create new faces for each human in game, so it could look realistic Wink If not, noone will care about.

3. It's probably how it looks in Berlin (not only there I'm sure). This game is based on real Berlin. Details like that are very welcome in my opinion.
You can find 'modern buses' addon on our forum. This includes bus package where pepole can get on though first door as well as rear door.

8. It's not that simple as you think. Otherwise, that program would be created.

9. Ehh... You know what? You just need Paint and TGA Tool to create it. And....some oil in your head Wink

Regards.

Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI   Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI Icon_minitimeFr 3 Jun - 8:28

As for questions 1 to 3:

Each passenger has a randomly chosen destination covering ALL bus lines serving a stop. So a passenger will board all those buses that serve the particular stop. You can check at the northbound stop "Ruhlebener Straße" where lines 92, 31 and 34 pass by. If you stop there with your 92 bus, you'll often leave some passengers behind (they want to get off at stops only served by 31 or 34). The amount of passengers waiting at a station depends on the preset maximum value, the time of day and the departure time of the next bus (and its line, of course).

Door choice: You can see that those passengers who still need a ticket only enter through the front wing of the first door (unless you have only opend the rear one...). As usual, there will be some passengers waiting behind who might not need a ticket, but that's not unrealistic. I think most Berlin passengers have never properly understood the door wing separation between cash lane (first wing) and ticket lane (second wing), note the green sign above the front door.
Nach oben Nach unten
SilverWarior

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

BeitragThema: Re: Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI   Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI Icon_minitimeFr 3 Jun - 11:22

CristianSkytter schrieb:
If two lines run though same stops, why people shouldn't enter the first one? Wouldn't you get on this bus to be quckier on your destination? Laughing
Real passengers are not so patient to await for delayed bus, aren't they? Wink

I wasn't thinking of two same lines, but two completly different lines wich only share one mutual bus station.

CristianSkytter schrieb:
8. It's not that simple as you think. Otherwise, that program would be created.

9. Ehh... You know what? You just need Paint and TGA Tool to create it. And....some oil in your head Wink

Like I have writen I don't ask for a program wich would alow you to do all repainting etc. but only for a smal program wich you could use so you don't have to edit a bunch of text files on your own.
I have already tried editing those files acordingly and it worked in most cases. But sometimes it didn't work becouse of me mistyping something. For instance if you mistype one of the filenames result would be in game not loading necessary texture or. if it is about some model type the game can even crash and in most cases you wont even know why.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI   Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI Icon_minitimeFr 3 Jun - 20:30

The most aspects you have mentioned according to the editing (view change, text files, ...) just can be solved in beeing more precise. With a little bit exercise, it is very easy to move around in the map editor, also it is not difficult manipulating the text files... we used all the tools you know for creating the Spandau map and our buses - so I think it is proof enough that it is possible! Wink

Otherwise it is also possibile that other people develope these helping tools you have mentioned! Wink So there is no need that we do that.
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

BeitragThema: Re: Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI   Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI Icon_minitimeFr 3 Jun - 21:21

CristianSkytter schrieb:
Line 1 goes from point A to Terminus J Line 2 goes from point A to Terminus T, so if you want terminus T, you take the second bus
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI   Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI Icon_minitimeFr 3 Jun - 22:10

Amy Rose schrieb:
CristianSkytter schrieb:
Line 1 goes from point A to Terminus J Line 2 goes from point A to Terminus T, so if you want terminus T, you take the second bus

Yes. Sooo.. noone will take Line 1 if wants to go to Terminus T. But if someone wants to go to the point where these two lines meet, will choose one of them (won't be waiting for a delayed/next one).
If Line 1 departs at 8 am and picks up all passengers waiting on the stop, and Line 2 departs at 8:05 am, there will be another passengers for this bus (or not - because it's generated by the game of course).
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI   Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Ten of my suggestions for improving OMSI
Seite 1 von 1