ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

problem with creating bus with 3 axles

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
cf4180

Anzahl der Beiträge : 14

problem with creating bus with 3 axles Empty
BeitragThema: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitimeDo 19 Mai - 16:02

i am modding a bus from D88 using my own imported model
when i try to put the models of the wheels into the .cfg, with the 1st 2nd and 3rd axles assigned to 0 1 and 2 respectively, the 3rd axle doesn't rotate at all
so i assigned both the 2nd and 3rd axles as axle 1 together and they can rotate
but there is another problem : the 3rd axle's bumping follows the 2nd axle one (while the 2nd axle is rolling on an obstacle but the 3rd axle is not)
how can i modify it so that the axles can be independent to each other? thanks Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
kosakkosak

Anzahl der Beiträge : 163

BeitragThema: Re: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitimeDo 19 Mai - 16:33

It will be good if you write me the type of your bus... but look, the third axe is ussually like a trailing axle. So your definition as 2nd axe is right, I think that's in omsi engine this 2nd axe is defined for this cases. But. You need to edit the properties in this last axe. So when I tried it in the pass, I had to set achse_feder to 100. The axe is softer and the wheel can fall more down and roll.
Nach oben Nach unten
cf4180

BeitragThema: Re: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 2:38

the bus is a 3-axle version of volvo olympian 11m Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 9:22

To don't missunderstand you: You have added the third axle not only in model.cfg but also in the *.bus file...???
Nach oben Nach unten
cf4180

BeitragThema: Re: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 11:24

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
To don't missunderstand you: You have added the third axle not only in model.cfg but also in the *.bus file...???

hmmm... did not... may i ask how can i do so? thanks a lot!!
Nach oben Nach unten
kosakkosak

Anzahl der Beiträge : 163

BeitragThema: Re: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 12:51

When I look on the bus, it's a little bit different. This kind of bus has the "trailing axe" as the second axe. The third is normal. So you have to defined the second as 2 and the third as 1. When I tried it on Solaris UB15, it has the last axe as "trailing".
BUS file: in the bottom you have definitons of each axes. Just copy definiton of firts axe and add it under. Naturaly you have set the properties for your second axe.

I hope you will undertond it :-)
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 16:49

That's right! Wink And which axle is the "fixed" one, you can adjust by the parameter[rot_pnt_long]!

If this value is identically to the "achse_long" parameter of the second axle, than this will be the "fixed" one. If it is identically with the third axle "achse_long" parameter, then the thirs axle is fixed! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
cf4180

BeitragThema: Re: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitimeSa 21 Mai - 4:45

thanks for you help again and everything works as intended after modifingy the .bus Smile
another problem : after adding the third trailing axle, the driving axle is more prone to slipping (locking of the driving wheels)
any way to fix it? should i increase the maxforce parameter of the driving axle?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitimeSa 21 Mai - 22:09

Hmm... I have to admit that we never test 3 axle vehicles before! Wink So I really don't know if everything is ok! Perhaps you could send me just your bus via e-mail? (please to the marcel@-adresse)
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: problem with creating bus with 3 axles   problem with creating bus with 3 axles Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

problem with creating bus with 3 axles
Seite 1 von 1