ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
midtown292

midtown292

Anzahl der Beiträge : 163

[BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Empty
BeitragThema: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeFr 13 Mai - 18:57

Greendale is a fictional county somewhere in Europe, with several towns, villages and hamlets. The is a narrow mountain pass, cobbled streets in most of the villages and some interesting scenery, although some areas are just plain fields. The most significant part of this map is its size. The shortest bus route will be about 20 km long, with the longest one being set to be about 120 km (80 miles) long. For this map you will need either the ZF-gearboxed MAN SD202 or something like the Karosa B732 or FBW 549 vehicles which you can find in the Addon Buses section. Unfortunately, the FBW 549 cannot be used for AI as the AI drivers can't close the back door, so its MAN SD202 (D92) with the ZF gearbox and Karosa B732 with ZF gearbox for AI.

[BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Greend10

[BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Greend14

[BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Greend13

Zuletzt von midtown292 am So 15 Mai - 11:55 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeFr 13 Mai - 20:04

Hey this looks great, Midtown.. Cool

My 2yr old daughter has always been fascinated with OMSI but she'll love this one; as "Greendale" is where Postman Pat lives and works! Laughing

Joking apart about the name though, it's looking good!

Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
filipe231291

filipe231291

Anzahl der Beiträge : 152

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeFr 13 Mai - 20:46

The map looks very good. Keep on the good work! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Galeria-fotogr%C3%A1fica-de-Filipe
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeFr 13 Mai - 20:57

David R schrieb:

Hey this looks great, Midtown.. Cool

My 2yr old daughter has always been fascinated with OMSI but she'll love this one; as "Greendale" is where Postman Pat lives and works! Laughing

Joking apart about the name though, it's looking good!

Dave.
Hehe, I can't stop laughing as you reminded me of Postman Pat which actually means Postman Boob/Tit in Danish.. Razz

Looking forward to this map! 120 kilometers? That's over an hour!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeFr 13 Mai - 21:01

Marpe schrieb:
Hehe, I can't stop laughing as you reminded me of Postman Pat which actually means Postman Boob/Tit in Danish.. Razz

lol! ..... Watching Postman Pat will never quite be the same now I know that! Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeFr 13 Mai - 21:08

David R schrieb:
Marpe schrieb:

lol! ..... Watching Postman Pat will never quite be the same now I know that! Laughing
It hasn't been for a long time. Only when I was a kid it was nice. Now they changed the intro, Pat has got a wife and even a kid and what the hell do I know.. it's now a confusing program!! Suspect
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeFr 13 Mai - 22:08

Marpe schrieb:
David R schrieb:
Marpe schrieb:

It hasn't been for a long time. Only when I was a kid it was nice. Now they changed the intro, Pat has got a wife and even a kid and what the hell do I know.. it's now a confusing program!! Suspect

Thanks for your interest, and encouragement!!

Razz Well, I named it Greendale because its, erm, green and I always liked the name from Postman Pat and also Sabrina The Animated Series, I think its a good name for a country county. As for the length, well I though we have nice city sized routes and short town/village routes, but no cross-country routes where we can really speed test our buses and get them overworked (if they are older buses) or keep them on their toes if newer buses. Some of the bends keep the driver on his/her toes, especially at night (was just testing it now) - I almost drove off the cliff Exclamation because I was falling asleep at the wheel Embarassed and either way I couldn't see the bend What a Face . So I will need to put some signs to warn drivers about the nature (left or right) and severity of the bends (using chevrons if I can find some or else just catseyes or something).

Beta should be out by Sunday (with no routes) when I finish the road from Ashingtonburn to Cookston, and Cookston itself; Ashingtonburn is finished except bus stops and lampposts, as is the intermediate hamlet of Vale. Another hamlet is under construction as is the rest of the road to Cookston (just one road through the whole map, named the A56). The first (non-beta) release of the map will be when the first route X95 (Ashingtonburn - Vale - Thingley - Cookston). I may add an all stopping version - service 95, at a later date. The longest route will not be added until the whole map is finished as it takes in all the towns, villages and hamlets along the way from Ashingtonburn to Waterstone via Vale, Thingley, Cookston ... some other hamlets ... Habbitstone...other hamlets...AmeriTown...hamlets/village(s)...Waterstone.

Vale has just the main road going through it and nothing else, and is very small. Thingley is to be bigger, more like a small village, will some other roads (different bus routes will take different roads). Cookston will be as big as or bigger than Ashingtonburn, while Habbitstone will be a town and not a village (quite big, maybe its own bus routes). AmeriTown is meant to be US suburbia in the middle of Europe.... Waterstone is meant to be a seaside town a bit like South Queensferry.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 13:44

No shame! I also sometimes fall asleep behind my G27, just for 20 seconds but it's enough to find myself somewhere almost into a lake or driven into a house or something..
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 16:00

Long routes, yay!
That will be awesome Smile
Looking forward to it!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeSo 15 Mai - 7:33

Thiago schrieb:
Long routes, yay!
Looking forward to it!

I will upload some screenshots of the motorway after Thingley, which is now complete. The next stage is for Cookston to be reached via the motorway, which will end in Habbitstone. Once Cookston is finished I will add the first route and release the Beta for you all to test.
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitimeSo 15 Mai - 18:02

midtown292 schrieb:
Thiago schrieb:
Long routes, yay!
Looking forward to it!

I will upload some screenshots of the motorway after Thingley, which is now complete. The next stage is for Cookston to be reached via the motorway, which will end in Habbitstone. Once Cookston is finished I will add the first route and release the Beta for you all to test.

In a change of plans, tonight I will release the map, hence I will start a new thread under Addon Downloads, Fictional Maps. The version will be V1, with each new version including fixes and new scenary or routes, in a similar style to that used by David R (sorry to steal your releasing style!). I hope to host mods on my own server, but various problems have brought that project to an impass (David R knows what project I am talking about Cool ) so for now I will use MegaUpload.

Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale   [BETA Version COMING SOON!!]  Greendale Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[BETA Version COMING SOON!!] Greendale
Seite 1 von 1