ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.

Nach unten 
+6
CristianSkytter
evo
Thiago
Freeman
Se7en
random.monster1981
10 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

Anzahl der Beiträge : 17

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 2 Sep - 9:52

Hi, I recently purchased this steering wheel and I did manage to sort out most controls except for one. I can't seem to be able to get kickdown working??? Which is annoying because then I can't drive the way I like to drive!

Any help appreciated.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 2 Sep - 11:06

Mr_OC_Benz schrieb:
Hi, I recently purchased this steering wheel and I did manage to sort out most controls except for one. I can't seem to be able to get kickdown working??? Which is annoying because then I can't drive the way I like to drive!

Any help appreciated.

you need to accelerate less with your foot being eased off the pedal, just as it changes into 2nd gear use your iron foot and floor the pedal, it should slam down into 1st again for kickdown.
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 8 Sep - 12:27

Even that doesn't work the majority of time! The only way to hold gears in is via using the buttons and manually selecting gears, of course that is a pain on the D92 because it doesn't have any buttons!

Surely there is a way to enable kickdown to happen when you go full throttle on the accelerator? If you push on the pedal to about 90% then go into kickdown, that'd be better. Although I don't use kickdown all the time, it is a pain and is annoying not being able to use it while driving. Is there somebody with good knowledge out there or has one of these that could assist?

Regards,
Mr OC Benz
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 8 Sep - 15:05

In your OMSI settings, click on the Game Controllers tab. Select your steering wheel and click Axis on the next row of tabs down (two tabs together, Buttons and Axis). For Throttle, move over to the right and check that the "narrowed" check box is empty. With the throttle in a steering wheel, this effectively switches kickdown on and off. Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 9:28

Hi,

This is what I have set up for my steering wheel. I have muddled around to try other ways but they don't work effectively. The kickdown still doesn't work.
OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Drivingforce
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 11:43

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 EOhBs

Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 12:15

Those settings for your Logitech Driving Force Pro does not work for the Logitech Driving Force GT controller. I've tried the settings that you had.

Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 12:57

Oh, you've got the new one? Ah... I see.
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 13:23

Uh yeah I guess so. Hopefully there is a way, otherwise I'll just have to drive without the kickdown.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 13:37

Mr_OC_Benz schrieb:
Uh yeah I guess so. Hopefully there is a way, otherwise I'll just have to drive without the kickdown.

well for one, You have Y axis set to "accelerator/brake" when Y should be changed to "accelerator" and "Rz" needs to be changed via the dropdown to Brake with the Rev checkbox checked and Set to "Progressive"

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 23159272

Copy them same settings but with Progressive for brake pedal instead of "degressive" Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 13:55

Hi, I tried doing that but what happens is now when I try to drive the bus, it is accelerating by itself without me pushing on the pedal. And the brakes don't work. So those settings don't work either.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 13:57

Mr_OC_Benz schrieb:
Hi, I tried doing that but what happens is now when I try to drive the bus, it is accelerating by itself without me pushing on the pedal. And the brakes don't work. So those settings don't work either.

remember to check the "rev" boxes on accelerator and brake

Another tip is to press the brake pedal in the options menu and when you see a bar move across, that tells you which is the brake in them settings, then just change brake to that control, remember to check rev boxes for accelerator and brake though or they'll behave as if you have them both pressed in constantly.
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 14:18

I had the rev boxes checked for both.

However I only ever see a bar move across for the X and Y axis and nothing else.
Nach oben Nach unten
evo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 79

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 17:23

For kickdown, I just hover my foot about half way until it builds up speed, and just as it gets going in second, I ram the throttle right down and it goes back to first and flies round the map. If I try and whack the pedal straight away, it doesn't work as well and bugs the sound on the SD202's anyway
Nach oben Nach unten
http://evo.mmarchive.com
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 20:24

With the default Voith transmissions, to kickdown you must plant your foot to the floor (or almost), but with the addon ZF gearboxes just lightly double-tap the accelerator (not much pressure) and it will kick down.
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 10 Sep - 11:17

The above does not work with the Driving Force GT controller. I have tried that many times.

Planting my foot on the ground only revs the bus to its max capability without kickdown.

It'd be something to do with the settings which I am no longer sure about as I have tried virtually any possible outcome.
Nach oben Nach unten
fdlbc

fdlbc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 16 Sep - 19:37

Hey,

thankyou for the very nice Setup-Guide. Now i can use the full function of my Driving Force GT. The first test at "Grundorf" is very very nice!

Greetings
fdlbc
Nach oben Nach unten
http://chris.hat-gar-keine-homepage.de
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 22 Okt - 8:48

Finally sorted out the problems with my wheel and all is working well...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter