ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.

Nach unten 
+6
CristianSkytter
evo
Thiago
Freeman
Se7en
random.monster1981
10 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Empty
BeitragThema: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 21:05

## Firstly.. ##

Open Logitech Profiler and make sure the following settings are applied to the wheel

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. 56080784

## Next ##

Make sure that the wheel is Active in OMSI by clicking on the steering wheel icon on the toolbar ( Press Tab to view Toolbar )

Then setup OMSI in the following Way.

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. 23159272

The ticks in the Rev boxes are important

During the initial setup, the Rev boxes will be unchecked and in game it will appear to be that the pedals are stuck on full acceleration/braking when you aren't pressing down on them.

Check the Rev boxes on the Y Axis ( this is your accelerator pedal so make sure that it is selected as Accelerator )

Check the Rev Box on RZ as shown in the above screenshot, and set this as Brake

If you don't want your wheel to automatically centre itself
Uncheck "Enable Centering Spring in force Feedback Games"

This will make the wheel even closer to real life.

You May Configure the buttons as you see fit.

Alternatively you can download this Config File which has all the button assignments pre-set for you.

LIST OF WHEEL CONTROLS

Select - Electricity on/off
Start - Engine on/off
Circle - Door Release On/Off
X Button - Door Wing Right Open/Close
Square - Door wing Left Open/Close
R3 - Direct Retarder On/Off
L3 - Retarder On / Off
+ - Engine Cooling On/Off
- - Driving Slip Regulation On/Off

Arrow Key Within Red Circle - Rear Fog Light On/Off

Right Side Flappy Paddle - Blinker Right Via Off
Left Side Flappy Paddle - Blinker Left Via Off

R2 - Scroll Interior Perspectives
L2 - Scroll Interior Perspectives ( reverse )

Gear shifter ( to the right of the wheel ) Pull back for - Parking Brake Set
Gear shifter - Push Forward for - Parking Brake Release

Config File is located in the following location

OMSI\Inputs

Download Config File

Instructions.

Extract Rar, copy gamectrler.cfg to OMSI\Inputs and overwrite.

Back up your current config FIRST!

*UPDATE*
Setting up D Pad to Use as Camera Controls

Step 1. *taken From PDF*
Use the D-Pad as keystrokes, to move the camera
This is really useful, as it allows for you to quickly toggle between the viewpoints as you are driving, extremely handy if you need to check your mirrors to avoid the parked cars (!)
The way I achieved this was to open the Logitech Profiler.
Then click on POV 1.

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. 1

Go to Select Assignment and then New POV Assignment....

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. 2

This window will appear. Enter your chosen name in the field given, and click Edit as shown below....

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. 3

Yet another window appears.

In this new window, go to New Keystroke....
OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. 4

Yet another window appears. Click Record and press the chosen arrow key. In this case, we will use left.
OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. 6

Press OK, then repeat the process for the right arrow key, and if you wish, the space bar.
Then click OK.

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. 7

Then, click on W under direction.
Change POV West to Keystroke LEFT, which is what you just recorded.
Do the same for E, but this time assign it to Keystroke RIGHT.
Click OK.

2.) Using the positive and negative buttons as a scroll wheel
This is extremely similar to the above tip, however, this time, we will assign Button 16 to the Page Up key, and Button 19 to the Page Down key. This is as simple as selecting the button in the profiler, and recording a new keystroke, as above.
Doing this allows you to scroll through the manual destinations through your wheel. Effortless!

Many Thanks To Evo for making this small guide on how to add D Pad to OMSI using the DFGT

PDF can also be downloaded HERE for those that want the PDF of this small guide Evo has made.

One Minor Update, for those whose Logitech Profiler shows the option to make a new POV assignment for the D-Pad as Greyed out, You must make a Profile FIRST otherwise you will not be able to create the POV settings as used in the Guide Above

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Do 12 Mai - 22:14 bearbeitet; insgesamt 4-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 21:57

Thank you very much! Very Happy
I have DFGT, and it'll help me A LOT! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Freeman

Freeman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 55

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 22:56

Hi,

Do you know if its possible to use the D-PAD as the Scroll Interior Perspectives functions?

Many thanks for sharing your setup

Freeman
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 1:12

Freeman schrieb:
Hi,

Do you know if its possible to use the D-PAD as the Scroll Interior Perspectives functions?

Freeman

Yesssss this can be done *thanks Evo!!*

Updated First Post with the Guide on how to set DPad Smile

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Sa 7 Mai - 18:21 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 20:01

random.monster1981 schrieb:
Freeman schrieb:
Hi,

Freeman

unfortunately the D pad isnt detected as "buttons" within OMSI so this isnt possible.

In the Logitech profiler you can assign each directional key to a keystroke. I used this to assign the scroll interior perspectives (and the horn Very Happy). I use a G27 but it should work as well with the Driving Force GT Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 21:49

Thiago schrieb:
Freeman schrieb:
Hi,

Freeman

unfortunately the D pad isnt detected as "buttons" within OMSI so this isnt possible.

In the Logitech profiler you can assign each directional key to a keystroke. I used this to assign the scroll interior perspectives (and the horn Very Happy). I use a G27 but it should work as well with the Driving Force GT Very Happy

*edit*
Dont worry, Updated first post with the guide Wink

Zuletzt von random.monster1981 am Sa 7 Mai - 18:22 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
evo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 79

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 18:43

Thiago schrieb:
Freeman schrieb:
Hi,

Freeman

Nope sorry this doesnt work, I tried to add keystrokes to the D-Pad but the option is greyed out on the Logitech Driving Force GT.

It aint giz, ive done it LOL!
Quick guide on how to do things:
>>>Click me<<<
All in 5 mins Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
http://evo.mmarchive.com
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 18:59

evo schrieb:
Thiago schrieb:
Freeman schrieb:
Hi,

Freeman

Nope sorry this doesnt work, I tried to add keystrokes to the D-Pad but the option is greyed out on the Logitech Driving Force GT.

>>>Click me<<<
All in 5 mins Laughing

Great, evo! Smile It would be good if some moderator include this link on the Steering Wheel sticky topic to help other people in the future. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 19:48

evo schrieb:

>>>Click me<<<
All in 5 mins Laughing

great stuff mate, I can now remove the "it cant be done" part of my post to reflect this, do you mind if I add the PDF to my original Post?
Nach oben Nach unten
evo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 79

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeSa 7 Mai - 14:19

Feel free gizzy Razz
Nach oben Nach unten
http://evo.mmarchive.com
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeSa 7 Mai - 18:48

Updated First post with evo's guide AND a download link to his PDF for those who want it.

Thanks again Evo mate Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeDo 12 Mai - 14:50

It's better to set 'progressive' instead of degressive for Rz axis.
The intensity of entire brake pedal is used in this way.
Nach oben Nach unten
Tom523

Anzahl der Beiträge : 11

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeDi 17 Mai - 12:42

Hello. I have a DFGT and I want to see the PDF. But when I click on the link I get nothing. I hope it can be fixed because I want to play OMSI with this steering wheel Very Happy

Tom523
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeDi 17 Mai - 13:14

Tom523 schrieb:
Hello. I have a DFGT and I want to see the PDF. But when I click on the link I get nothing. I hope it can be fixed because I want to play OMSI with this steering wheel Very Happy

Tom523

It's right at the bottom of the first post, Evo also linked to it initially Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Tom523

Anzahl der Beiträge : 11

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeDi 17 Mai - 13:23

I see it. Thank you. My steering wheel works great now Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

Anzahl der Beiträge : 17

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 2 Sep - 9:52

Hi, I recently purchased this steering wheel and I did manage to sort out most controls except for one. I can't seem to be able to get kickdown working??? Which is annoying because then I can't drive the way I like to drive!

Any help appreciated.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 2 Sep - 11:06

Mr_OC_Benz schrieb:
Hi, I recently purchased this steering wheel and I did manage to sort out most controls except for one. I can't seem to be able to get kickdown working??? Which is annoying because then I can't drive the way I like to drive!

Any help appreciated.

you need to accelerate less with your foot being eased off the pedal, just as it changes into 2nd gear use your iron foot and floor the pedal, it should slam down into 1st again for kickdown.
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeDo 8 Sep - 12:27

Even that doesn't work the majority of time! The only way to hold gears in is via using the buttons and manually selecting gears, of course that is a pain on the D92 because it doesn't have any buttons!

Surely there is a way to enable kickdown to happen when you go full throttle on the accelerator? If you push on the pedal to about 90% then go into kickdown, that'd be better. Although I don't use kickdown all the time, it is a pain and is annoying not being able to use it while driving. Is there somebody with good knowledge out there or has one of these that could assist?

Regards,
Mr OC Benz
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 317

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeDo 8 Sep - 15:05

In your OMSI settings, click on the Game Controllers tab. Select your steering wheel and click Axis on the next row of tabs down (two tabs together, Buttons and Axis). For Throttle, move over to the right and check that the "narrowed" check box is empty. With the throttle in a steering wheel, this effectively switches kickdown on and off. Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 9:28

Hi,

This is what I have set up for my steering wheel. I have muddled around to try other ways but they don't work effectively. The kickdown still doesn't work.
OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Drivingforce
Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 11:43

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. EOhBs

Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 12:15

Those settings for your Logitech Driving Force Pro does not work for the Logitech Driving Force GT controller. I've tried the settings that you had.

Nach oben Nach unten
ediblechickenwing

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 12:57

Oh, you've got the new one? Ah... I see.
Nach oben Nach unten
Mr_OC_Benz

Mr_OC_Benz

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 13:23

Uh yeah I guess so. Hopefully there is a way, otherwise I'll just have to drive without the kickdown.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitimeFr 9 Sep - 13:37

Mr_OC_Benz schrieb:
Uh yeah I guess so. Hopefully there is a way, otherwise I'll just have to drive without the kickdown.

well for one, You have Y axis set to "accelerator/brake" when Y should be changed to "accelerator" and "Rz" needs to be changed via the dropdown to Brake with the Rev checkbox checked and Set to "Progressive"

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. 23159272

Copy them same settings but with Progressive for brake pedal instead of "degressive" Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.   OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide. Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

OMSI - Logitech Driving Force GT Setup Guide.
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter