ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1

Nach unten 
+27
GLaDOS
Andyc22
Jason
twm
midtown292
Paradine
Thiago
reptilia
supertoast92
Joel_X82
Marpe
kopmania
EirikhO
gneb
tomtoon
Tarc
howlinwolf
CristianSkytter
Stefan
JayKae
Lolsmurf
flippy1008
Giovanni
Rurman
smiler52
wertz
31 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter
AutorNachricht

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 14:46

Oh David, can't believe you realeased this one today too when I won't be able to try it out for a couple of weeks :-(... (See post under V13 Spandau thread)

Been so looking forward to it too... wonder if i can get a spare 5 mins tonight...
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 14:51

https://omnibussimulator.forumieren.com/t2766-stagecoach-skins?highlight=Stagecoach+SKins

Above link for Stagecoach Skins

@gneb and tomtoom, the videos you see with the stagecoach skin are just the buses David picked in the Select Bus option for driving the line. Because he doesnt have the skin, or currently any rights for them, they cannot be packaged into AI buses. I have however looked into ways of making all AI buses branded, but contact the Bad Kinzau creator for more since he hascreated fully branded buses, and will more likely know the answer Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 14:59

tomtoon schrieb:
Was just about to ask about the geordie voice pack david, thanks for the update Very Happy

Great map,

just one thing though (I havent noticed any errors), but even though I have the D92 stagecoach skin, theres very few AI buses, and none are driving in the Stagecoach skin?

Dont know if its anything to do with you (seeing as you didnt make the skins) but just wanted to point it out. Great route Very Happy

@ Tom, Gneb,

There are 8 tours on this map, so there are 8 buses at any time, driving the routes (4 of them are on 36/30 and 4 of them on 36/31)..... but... it's a big area! Laughing ........ so yes, you won't see loads of buses (not as many as on the M37 line), but the frequencies are pretty realistic (through the daytime anyway). The 36/30/31 isn't one of the routes classified by Stagecoach as a "SuperRoute" (like the 1, 12, 38, 39, 40, and 62, 63), so they're not mega regular services. Very Happy

Re: the skins, exactly as Flippy says. Very Happy

Best just to grab and download the skins, as I don't own them. Once you've grabbed the ones you want (Stagecoach in this case), you can make a change to the AIList, so that only those skinned buses run on the map... but I couldn't do that in the package, because not every user would have those skins installed, and if they didn't it'd cause an OMSI crash. What a Face Very Happy

Cheers,
Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten
gneb

gneb

Anzahl der Beiträge : 197

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:03

Okayy, I understand Wink

But thanks for the quick answer Very Happy

Gneb B afro
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:04

1812 schrieb:
Oh David, can't believe you realeased this one today too when I won't be able to try it out for a couple of weeks :-(... (See post under V13 Spandau thread)

Been so looking forward to it too... wonder if i can get a spare 5 mins tonight...

No.....! Close your OMSI depot til the new arrival and your good lady are both safe & sound.. Laughing ...... you can always look forward to driving the new routes, on the rare moments of peace you get when the new arrival comes along..... Laughing

Hope all goes well, bounce

D.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:06

I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank Flippy1008 for his support with the new website, and with the new maps..... I'm pleased he's on board to help Cool

Cheers,
David R
Nach oben Nach unten
EirikhO

EirikhO

Anzahl der Beiträge : 61

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:09

Just did a 36/31 run (one direction only), and I really understand what you mean about the traffic!

So, what's the deal with NG53 ROG? geek
Nach oben Nach unten
Tarc

Tarc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 74

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:10

btw I'm from Glasgow and it's funny there is a Gallowgate and Barras here, too, plus a Haymarket in Edinburgh
Nach oben Nach unten
http://tarcdnb.deviantart.com/
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:14

Tarc schrieb:
btw I'm from Glasgow and it's funny there is a Gallowgate and Barras here, too, plus a Haymarket in Edinburgh

Absolutely, many similarities. (My Dad was born in Portobello, Edinburgh).

The "Barrass" areas are named after Sir John Barrass I think, and of course "Gallowgate" comes from the entrance areas to the public gallows...... Shocked

Very Happy

Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:15

HELP!

David, when i click on the download site i just get a warning that my flash player is not updated. but the latest version will not download to my sim machine as I have windows 7 64bit and it wont have it

So I can't download this!!!! and I want want want want it!!!!!!.. are you able to let me have it any other way?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:15

EirikhO schrieb:
Just did a 36/31 run (one direction only), and I really understand what you mean about the traffic!

So, what's the deal with NG53 ROG? geek

Well that's the format of UK car registrations, and I was playing about with the "Registration Editor" available here in the "Mods" section (done by "Janniboy" one of the moderators).

If you download that tool, you can set up other registrations within the map, so they're not all the same reg.... Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:16

1812 schrieb:
HELP!

David, when i click on the download site i just get a warning that my flash player is not updated. but the latest version will not download to my sim machine as I have windows 7 64bit and it wont have it

So I can't download this!!!! and I want want want want it!!!!!!.. are you able to let me have it any other way?

I'll send you a PM, with a way to resolve this Wink

Dave.
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:18

David R schrieb:
1812 schrieb:
HELP!

I'll send you a PM, with a way to resolve this Wink

Dave.

THANK YOU cheers
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:20

David R schrieb:
JayKae schrieb:
Just interrupted driving for a minute to tell you that it is awesome !

The question is, has anyone got the stamina to drive a full 36 - 31 - 31 - 36 run.... ? (takes around 95 minutes).

Laughing

absolutely!!! yes!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:34

Just to let everyone know that the next version of "Stagecoach Newcastle" (which will be V2), will be released on 1st June 2011, and will contain;

- A couple of small fizes & improvements.
- BRAND NEW REAL-WORLD ROUTE + EXTENSION: "Stagecoach Route X82: ELDON SQUARE - THROCKLEY" .

The X82 route starts at Eldon Square Bus Station in Newcastle City Centre (not yet featured on V1 of the map) and runs up Westgate Road (same stretch as routes 30/31), but then, whereas the 30/31 turn in to Elswick Road, the X82 drives straight up West Rd, past General Hospital, Fox & Hounds, Denton Burn (crosses the 30/31 at "The Denton Hotel"), Lemington Road Ends, Walbottle Village and Throckley. This is an express service, with limited stops, and each one way leg takes around 25 mins.

You can view the route map, on the official "Stagecoach Newcastle" (real world) route map :-

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/uploads/newcastle_bus_guide2010.pdf

Thanks, Very Happy

David.
Nach oben Nach unten
kopmania

Anzahl der Beiträge : 120

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:55

Map is awesome, well done.
something i dont like Very Happy some stops are too close each other...
some traficlights keeping green light too short..

everything else is perfect Smile
so question for you, i drove this route now 16-17h what is obviusly rush hour, and there was many trafic, is there less trafic in about 10 11h in the morning, or 9pm... or whenever is not rush hour :Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 15:59

Hi David. This is a really, really good map. I enjoyed driving the route 30, but I was a bit too late due to the traffic! XD
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 16:13

Great route again david.
Did a 30 then 36 just now, was running 5 minutes early so stopped at benwell stops for 5 mins, then even when i got to city centre, was still 3 mins early, Im awesome Very Happy
I see a few stagecoach buses too

Few issues though:
New bridge St doesnt appear on IBIS route 30 (fenham - fawdon)
Blue house doesnt appear on timetable route 30 (fawdon - fenham)
I see two 31's within 2 minutes of eachother, dont know if this is an error though
People got on bus at netherby drive without me even changing the destination
Nach oben Nach unten
Lolsmurf

Anzahl der Beiträge : 63

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 17:47

David R schrieb:
Lolsmurf schrieb:
placing screens or some kind of trailer would help alot you know....

Actually Lolsmurf, I find your post pretty unreasonable, for the following reasons:-

1). There are no less than 3 trailer videos for this map in the (English language) "Showroom" section; where they belong.
2). People are working tirelessly to bring you a large new map; with supporting PDFs, route maps, instructions etc, ..... and your complaining that you want screenshots too? Rolling Eyes
3). Instead of sitting there just "taking".... do some legwork yourself. The info about this map is plenty.... and it's all there in the right place.
4). If you can't be bothered to try the map - (without first being convinced by screenshots) - fair enough; we're not going to beg you to try it!! .... there have been 241 downloads in the first hour.....

Wink ...just be reasonable huh? .... to be fair you normally are, and I like your posts on this forum. But I stayed up until 2am to get this map ready for you .... so please don't moan for screen shots when I already made 3 video..... What a Face

Thanks,
David.

Well people dont always feel like digging the whole forum to search some pics, I really dont understand why people dont put them in the first page of the downloadsection se we can see briefly what we ll be downloading. I made various maps for Eurotrucksimulator myself and I always updated first post with screens or whatever and never told someone to go look in the other forum part himself. I m sure you did put a lot of efford into it, I never stated different, but just some screens or the link to the trailer would be good Wink

Also dont complain about people not telling you feedback or something else on the forum, not all maps can or will be succesfull and certainly not those who have a lack of information on their first post.

Anyway no hard feelings, but I hope you do understand what I mean (perhaps I didnt choose the right words to state so)
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 18:13

David,

All done... I did the 36 - 31 - 31- 36. Lovely long trip thank you!

No problems whatsoever!

Timetable - Perfect
Routes - Perfect
Enjoyment factor - Perfect
Realism - Exceptional

I am limited for words David as I just don't know what else to say... This is just SUPERB!!!

Thank You

Ramsey cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 18:53

kopmania schrieb:
Map is awesome, well done.
something i dont like Very Happy some stops are too close each other...
some traficlights keeping green light too short..

everything else is perfect Smile
so question for you, i drove this route now 16-17h what is obviusly rush hour, and there was many trafic, is there less trafic in about 10 11h in the morning, or 9pm... or whenever is not rush hour :Smile

Hi,

I understand what you mean about the close stops; however they are like that in real life here Very Happy ... as an example, the bus stop at "Two Ball Lonnon" and the Bus Stop "Netherby Drive North" are very very close, but, they are on either side of a very busy road so the stops prevent people having to cross as pedestrians.

Unfortunately, OMSI does not yet allow users to control how long the traffic lights stay on each colour (or their timings) so I can't control that yet ........... but I agree, the lights do change too quickly on some intersections.

Regarding when is a quieter time to drive (traffic-wise), I was in Newcastle yesterday and believe me it seems like it never quietens down! .... but generally speaking it should be quieter around 0500-0600 and then from 2100-the early hours.

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 18:59

Lolsmurf schrieb:

Well people dont always feel like digging the whole forum to search some pics, I really dont understand why people dont put them in the first page of the downloadsection se we can see briefly what we ll be downloading. I made various maps for Eurotrucksimulator myself and I always updated first post with screens or whatever and never told someone to go look in the other forum part himself. I m sure you did put a lot of efford into it, I never stated different, but just some screens or the link to the trailer would be good Wink

Also dont complain about people not telling you feedback or something else on the forum, not all maps can or will be succesfull and certainly not those who have a lack of information on their first post.

Anyway no hard feelings, but I hope you do understand what I mean (perhaps I didnt choose the right words to state so)

To say that I can't be bothered to argue with you would be the understatement of the year.......... Forget it........ I don't like your attitude one bit. Take a look at the other posts on this thread; people acting politely, yes questioning things (I welcome constructive feedback as always), and me responding, all done politely and respectfully - both ways.

There won't be screenshots here for you, so I'd suggest; don't bother with this map (it's makes no difference to me), and off you go to enjoy the maps you do like, and the people who will adhere to your wish for screen prints. This map's success won't be judged by my not putting screen prints on the first post............. and as i already said to you, I took the time to make 3 promo videos that you didn't bother your arse to look at.

Game over. Don't waste your time replying, as I won't be "playing ping pong" with you any further. Wink

Right, on with business. Laughing

David.

Zuletzt von David R am Mi 4 Mai - 19:08 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 19:04

Marpe schrieb:
Hi David. This is a really, really good map. I enjoyed driving the route 30, but I was a bit too late due to the traffic! XD

Hey Marpe, seriously, it means more to me than pretty much anyone else that you 'rate' this map because I know you have high standards and an eye for detail Laughing

...yes, the timetables are pretty tight at times. Very Happy

Cheers,
David.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 19:07

tomtoon schrieb:
Great route again david.
Did a 30 then 36 just now, was running 5 minutes early so stopped at benwell stops for 5 mins, then even when i got to city centre, was still 3 mins early, Im awesome Very Happy
I see a few stagecoach buses too

Few issues though:
New bridge St doesnt appear on IBIS route 30 (fenham - fawdon)
Blue house doesnt appear on timetable route 30 (fawdon - fenham)
I see two 31's within 2 minutes of eachother, dont know if this is an error though

Hi Tom,

Thanks, I'll check those IBIS / timetable ommisions now, and get them wrapped up in the master file, ready for V2. Cool

Regarding this one;

Zitat :

"Through fares*" are available between routes 36 and 30/31 (in real life and in the map), so at Netherby Drive, people will get on/off the bus regardless of whether you're displaying your 36 or 30/31 stuff. Very Happy

Cheers,
Dave.

*In other words you can get on the bus while it is a 36 (even for example at the stop just before the terminus), and stay on the bus after it becomes a 30/31. An example of this would be someone getting on the bus on Fenham Hall Drive (while it's a 36) who is wanting to travel to Benwell Shops (when it's a 30/31). Very Happy

Zuletzt von David R am Mi 4 Mai - 19:12 bearbeitet; insgesamt 5-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 19:09

I wouldn't call this map heavy traffic... I did a route around 9am... I know Newcastle is much businer than that around that time. For those who don't like traffic they shouldn't use this simulator. Driving in today's society is all about 'crawling'...
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1   STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1 - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

STAGECOACH NEWCASTLE, PART 1
Seite 2 von 6Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter