ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Output of omsi variables

Nach unten 
2 verfasser
AutorNachricht
r2d2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 14

Output of omsi variables Empty
BeitragThema: Output of omsi variables   Output of omsi variables Icon_minitimeMo 25 Apr - 20:35

I'm not entirely sure what is the best home for this question, but as almost every function is scripted, this forum seems the most appropriate one. If not, I'm sorry.

A few years ago I build myself a Cesna 172 cockpit and nowadays there are a lot of people building home made cockpits for airplanes. Parts for the Airbus A320 or Boeing 737 can be purchased as a kit. So building a new cockpit for an airplane somehow didn't feel right. I'm enjoying omsi now for almost two months and I think this one is a keeper, so I tough why not build a cockpit for a bus. I'm sure there aren't a lot of people that have done that ;-)

The switches, buttons, handles and other input signals are not a problem as omsi support multiple joysticks. But output is a totally different story. To build a proper cockpit you also need to be able to turn signal lamps on/off, command some servo's and stepper motors for (dial) instruments.But I haven't found any suggestion or hint (except for a 'test' dll without any explanation in the plugins folder) that scripting variables that contain current speed, temperature, applied and available pressure, location, direction, next stop, etc.

So can omsi expose the variables created in the scripts to the outside world either by itself or would it possible to write a plugin?
I know which variables I need for my dashboard.

Nach oben Nach unten
Janniboy

Janniboy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 2837

BeitragThema: Re: Output of omsi variables   Output of omsi variables Icon_minitimeMo 25 Apr - 20:40

I can only say that yes, it is possible to read (and also write, I guess) variables by using a DLL.

If I remember correctly, the two wanted to release an SDK chapter concerning variable output with a DLL, but I'm not sure about this.
Someone has asked a similar question in the German section, there was a short response by one of the developers. I'll see if I can find it, wait a minute Wink

EDIT: Found it: https://omnibussimulator.forumieren.com/t2628-api-dll-fur-zugriff-auf-interne-variablen
It's too much to translate it along the way, I'd recommend using Google Translator, I can translate passages you don't understand, if you like Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jan-kiesewalter.de
r2d2

Anzahl der Beiträge : 14

BeitragThema: Re: Output of omsi variables   Output of omsi variables Icon_minitimeMo 25 Apr - 23:38

Janniboy schrieb:
I can only say that yes, it is possible to read (and also write, I guess) variables by using a DLL.

If I remember correctly, the two wanted to release an SDK chapter concerning variable output with a DLL, but I'm not sure about this.
Someone has asked a similar question in the German section, there was a short response by one of the developers. I'll see if I can find it, wait a minute Wink

EDIT: Found it: https://omnibussimulator.forumieren.com/t2628-api-dll-fur-zugriff-auf-interne-variablen
It's too much to translate it along the way, I'd recommend using Google Translator, I can translate passages you don't understand, if you like Wink

Thanks for the quick reply. The info in that topic is very handy and provides a good starting point. A chapter in the SDK would be very welcome.
Or just the Delphi code that was used to create the test.dll. Any developer should be able to take it from there.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Output of omsi variables   Output of omsi variables Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Output of omsi variables
Seite 1 von 1