ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Question regarding the tiles

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

Question regarding the tiles Empty
BeitragThema: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 13:26

Is there a tile limit of some sort that I need to know? The only thing I remember is to not to put too much detail on one tile. I need to know this, because I am vastly expanding my map by many kilometres, and I don't want to hit the limit while I am adding more routes that are 10s of kilometres long
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 14:31

Well the FAQ on the main sites says this:

What does the graphics engine offer?

- realistic day / night effects
- realistic weather conditions
- extensive lighting functions with overlapping effects
- mirror and reflection textures as well as bumpmapping
- different types of transparency
- freely editable spline-roads with slopes and banks
- any number of terrain tiles of 300m*300m each <----
- meshterrain with many modelling possibilities for creating hills, etc.

To me it would suggest, possibly unlimited based on computer specs?
Nach oben Nach unten
TomsonTom

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 14:33

I think not, because only the tiles around you are loading, the rest are unloaded and will load only when you drive around them. You can set it in Options... -> Graphics -> Neighbour Tiles Count. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 23:38

I like the confirmation, because I might end up doing the Entire City of Toronto
Wikipedia schrieb:
Toronto covers an area of 630 square kilometres (243 sq mi)

Zuletzt von Amy Rose am Mo 4 Apr - 0:14 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 0:13

Amy Rose schrieb:
I like the confirmation, because I might end up doing the Entrie City of Toronto
Wikipedia schrieb:
Toronto covers an area of 630 square kilometres (243 sq mi)

This alone would be a sight to be hold, if you manage to pull it off kudo's to you Amy!
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 0:16

Not necessarily the entire city, but most routes, and hopefully by the time I get to make downtown routes, the simple streets and crossings include streetcar tracks, since theres a couple of routes that goes into the downtown's massive streetcar system
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 0:25

Amy Rose schrieb:
Not necessarily the entire city, but most routes, and hopefully by the time I get to make downtown routes, the simple streets and crossings include streetcar tracks, since theres a couple of routes that goes into the downtown's massive streetcar system

Actually, if the simple streets and crossings don't, I've noticed someone in the German forums had streetcar/tram tracks on the roads and all he used was the normal train tracks, they fit just under the road as normally and so only the rails are shown, something to think about as a worst case scenario,
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 0:26

Nice to hear such also!
Nach oben Nach unten
Lavics

Lavics

Anzahl der Beiträge : 24

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 22:27

Hi Amy,

I'm wating to try to start some routes here in Ottawa. I've taken tones of screenshots of one of the route on google earth at a certain distance. Can you give me some advice on how I can proceed on using those screenshots and put them on a tile in order to use it as a template for the route?

I'm not sure how you're doing in for the Toronto routes.
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 22:31

Lavics schrieb:
Hi Amy,

I'm wating to try to start some routes here in Ottawa. I've taken tones of screenshots of one of the route on google earth at a certain distance. Can you give me some advice on how I can proceed on using those screenshots and put them on a tile in order to use it as a template for the route?

My techniquie is switching from google maps on my browser and try to match the road system. Other people prefer to put google maps images on the tiles. tiles are 300x300m, and you can import pictures somewhere, but I don't know
Nach oben Nach unten
Lavics

Lavics

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 23:06

Amy Rose schrieb:
Lavics schrieb:
Hi Amy,

My techniquie is switching from google maps on my browser and try to match the road system. Other people prefer to put google maps images on the tiles. tiles are 300x300m, and you can import pictures somewhere, but I don't know

Awsome. That's what I'll do. Wont be too hard to gauge too which is a bonus. Now, not sure if your in the same position, but are you having a hard time finding the right intersection for the splines to match?.... urgg. I'm going thru one by one. lol
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 23:41

Lavics schrieb:
Amy Rose schrieb:
Lavics schrieb:
Hi Amy,

Awsome. That's what I'll do. Wont be too hard to gauge too which is a bonus. Now, not sure if your in the same position, but are you having a hard time finding the right intersection for the splines to match?.... urgg. I'm going thru one by one. lol
Which is why I use Streets and Crossings addon from Emil for simplicity and more choice (type in streets in the search bar). I hope you will do some transitway portions, I don't know how, as you need many custom indoor buildings with roads, but it would be a huge reward to do such project
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 23:51

Lavics schrieb:

This alone drives me nuts, so many intersections and splines are all cookie cutter type and only fit/work with the correct pieces.

Amy Rose schrieb:
Which is why I use Streets and Crossings addon from Emil for simplicity and more choice (type in streets in the search bar). I hope you will do some transitway portions, I don't know how, as you need many custom indoor buildings with roads, but it would be a huge reward to do such project

Indoor buildings with roads, by that do you mean like Yorkdale Mall's bus station, or Don Mills, as in where the buses go in or under buildings into stations?
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 23:54

Lockheart schrieb:

Amy Rose schrieb:

Indoor buildings with roads, by that do you mean like Yorkdale Mall's bus station, or Don Mills, as in where the buses go in or under buildings into stations?
I would appreciate if created, but in Lavic's situation, his city has a transitway which runs through downtown Ottawa as a bus only network of roads
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeFr 8 Apr - 23:58

Amy Rose schrieb:
Lockheart schrieb:
I would appreciate if created, but in Lavic's situation, his city has a transitway which runs through downtown Ottawa as a bus only network of roads

As would I. It'd make terminals much more interesting, lighting strikes me as an issue though.

As for Lavic's Ottawa map, that really does sound tricky, but very cool. Best of luck to both of you!
Nach oben Nach unten
Lavics

Lavics

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeSa 9 Apr - 0:13

Thank you !! I'm not expecting anything less then lots of headaches, but once done, It'll pay off.

We do have the transit way that goes from East to West of the city, with the underground stop at the St-Laurent Shopping Centre, but that'll have to wait. I'll do some easy ones first.

If anybody hasnt seen what it looks like... here's a video clip.

Oh and Amy, I'll get the addon's for extra objects/splines. Thanks again for your time!

Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitimeSa 9 Apr - 0:14

No problem Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Question regarding the tiles   Question regarding the tiles Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Question regarding the tiles
Seite 1 von 1