ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle

Nach unten 
+22
smiler52
Ralph Kramden
jswallow
Freeman
tomtoon
hilly
Panasonic44
Jason
palatine3833
Lolsmurf
Holzroller
flippy1008
Joel_X82
Marpe
peterZZD
Inlja
JunGRail
EDawg
Amy Rose
JayKae
Dean W
26 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter
AutorNachricht
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeSo 17 Apr - 21:35

oh god! the 36 has those 'orrible old banger of a bus! they go to speeds of around 20mph and then die...battle to drive and everytime you break everyone gets lurched forward!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeSo 17 Apr - 22:12

They have a wide variation of buses on the 36/30/31; mainly the one in the pic (can't remember what it is), in busy periods they have the nice big Volvo Double Deckers on the route, but also there's the odd little Dennis Dart to be seen on it too. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

Anzahl der Beiträge : 365

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeSo 17 Apr - 22:23

David R schrieb:
They have a wide variation of buses on the 36/30/31; mainly the one in the pic (can't remember what it is), in busy periods they have the nice big Volvo Double Deckers on the route, but also there's the odd little Dennis Dart to be seen on it too. Very Happy

yeah i see various different buses in newcastle city centre lol Smile (Only when I go up there to watch NUFC play Smile )
Nach oben Nach unten
smiler52

Anzahl der Beiträge : 93

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeSo 17 Apr - 22:26

tomtoon schrieb:
David R schrieb:

yeah i see various different buses in newcastle city centre lol Smile (Only when I go up there to watch NUFC play Smile )

yeah and we have some ex Newcastle buses here is Southampton from go north east
Nach oben Nach unten
Bigben123

Anzahl der Beiträge : 33

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 21 Apr - 20:05

This is looking great!
Nach oben Nach unten
Joel_X82

Joel_X82

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 13:07

How's the map coming along, any major updates recently?

Really can't wait for this one. santa
Nach oben Nach unten
smiler52

Anzahl der Beiträge : 93

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 15:06

Joel_X82 schrieb:
How's the map coming along, any major updates recently?

Really can't wait for this one. santa

same here
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 15:41

Hi folks,

Thanks for asking;

This map has had a short break in it's development, due to the work to get "Spandau Modern" up to speed, but focus is now back on the Newcastle map; in fact I've done 3 hours of object placement today..... it's looking great!

Basically, because of the way I designed this map, absolutely everything technical has been completed (HOFs, Routes, TTRs, TTPs, TTLs, etc, etc), so all that needs to be done before release is object (scenery) placement ........ BUT; there's a LOT of scenery to be placed.

The "one-way" leg on this journey (a 36 run, followed by a 30 or 31 run), is just over 13km (actual OMSI distance), and takes 57 minutes to drive...... so you can imagine how much scenery there is to place. Also it takes longer because rather than loosely decide which objects to place, I am trying to model realistic landclass....... Eg.. today I placed St.James & St. Basil's Church, on the corner of Fenham Hall Drive and Wingrove Road. It's there in real life and it's there in the map. Cool

I would say about 40% of the scenery has been completed (total map progress is at about 75%).

It will be released in May (hopefully early May).

David R

Very Happy

Zuletzt von David R am Mi 27 Apr - 18:43 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Andyc22

Anzahl der Beiträge : 32

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 17:24

David you are a God amongst men, keep up the great work you are doing for OMSI! Just think... This time next year we will probably have quite a lot of new routes created by quite a few people and also new buses. Would love to drive something like a Leyland Olympian/National on this Newcastle route, 80's/90's era.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 18:41

Andyc22 schrieb:
.... Would love to drive something like a Leyland Olympian/National on this Newcastle route, 80's/90's era.

Me too! A Scania Metropolitan or Leyland Atlantean would be be my faves (Tyne & Wear PTE fleet as of 1978-1985, when I used to go everywhere on those buses Very Happy ).

Thanks for the support, I really can't wait to get this one out.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 21:31

NEW!

Preview video, showing a full drive-through of service 36 from City Centre to Fenham (Netherby Drive).

IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT YOU HAVE THE 'ANNOTATIONS' ACTIVATED IN YOUTUBE, BEFORE PLAYING THIS VID!

We take a 36 bus from Newgate St (City Centre) to the end of this short line, in Fenham. Using the YouTube "Annotation System", we identify all the local roads and points of interest (of particular relevence to people who know Newcastle). When we reach Fenham, we become a service 31, ready for the run to Montagu Estate (....which is almost 4 times longer that the 36 route!!).

There is SO much more to come from this map, but I wanted to show you it so far:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6F7kgzUw4M

Thanks,
David R
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 21:50

how do u take the money without clicking?

and will the english voice pack be included in the release?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 21:54

I was clicking ..... Wink >

FRAPS (the software I used to make the vid) has an option to hide the mouse cursor, in the video.

The English Male Voice Pack (various accents) that you hear in this vid is already available in the 'Mods/Tools' section of the forum.

....but a specific "geordie" voice pack will come with this map.

"alreet bonny lad, give iz a single t' the toon pal"... Laughing

Cheers,
David
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 21:59

cool, at 8:53 some german people got on Very Happy lol great preview Smile

thanks
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 22:52

David, this map will be wonderful to drive on. You have done a great piece of work! Smile
I specially liked the passengers and funny accents! Laughing

Greetings,
Se7en
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeMi 27 Apr - 22:53

tomtoon schrieb:

thanks

All the female passengers are currently German Laughing I'm in the middle of recording an English Female Voice Pack, but my wife keeps putting off our recording sessions.. Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 7:14

May I say you have done a ruddy good job on Route 36. I was looking at the timetable, do you start on Grainger Street and then Newgate St or just Newsgate Street. Also you have miraculously done it a) without passengers complaining and b) in 11 minutes as reopposed to the timetables 20 odd. is the video an accurate representation on the time its takes on the line? .

Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 14:23

David R schrieb:
tomtoon schrieb:

thanks

All the female passengers are currently German Laughing I'm in the middle of recording an English Female Voice Pack, but my wife keeps putting off our recording sessions.. Evil or Very Mad Very Happy
Thanks for sharing your wife with us! XD

Joke aside, the video looks really good. Still a lot to go, but just take your time! I'm sure this will be very good. How many minutes do you expect the route to be?
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 14:46

flippy1008 schrieb:
May I say you have done a ruddy good job on Route 36. I was looking at the timetable, do you start on Grainger Street and then Newgate St or just Newsgate Street. Also you have miraculously done it a) without passengers complaining and b) in 11 minutes as reopposed to the timetables 20 odd. is the video an accurate representation on the time its takes on the line? .

Thanks, but remember; I only achieved 11 minutes because I was flying along, and didn't have a timetable loaded (OMSI doesn't populate all bus stops, with the correct passengers, if a tour is not laoded).

The actual 'stats' for the map are as follows (..actual - in OMSI):-

======================================================

Line 36.... Length; 3.6km....'one way' timetable duration; 14 mins (+ 1 min layover at Fenham).

Line 30.... Length; 10.6km..'one way' timetable duration; 37 mins (+ 10min layover at Fawdon).

Line 31.....Length; 10.5km..'one way' timetable duration; 36 mins (+ 10 min layover at Montague Estate).

======================================================

The tours are set up so that you operate a 36, then a 30 or 31, then a return leg of the 30 or 31, then a leg back on the 36. (This then repeats for the duration of the tour).

For people who don't have the time for the full runs, I'm also considering putting some '36 only' runs in, that use the nearby Slatyford Depot to terminate..... some (few) 36 journeys do this in the real world.

City Centre routing: In the real world, and in this map, the 36 follows a small loop in the City Centre. Grainger St is served only on the inbound routings (ie... in one direction of the road only), although outbound passengers may still board at Grainger St. However, the official starting point of the outbound route in the city centre is Newgate St. (which follows Grainger St).

The City Centre loop routing looks like this:-

[inbound from Fenham] > St James Boulevard > Westgate Rd > Grainger St > Newgate St > Gallowgate > [outbound to Fenham]

....to add further complexity, the 36 can meet the 30/31 on one stretch of road in the City Centre; Westgate Rd is served by the 36 as part of the above terminus loop, and also by the 30/31 as it travels en-route via the City Centre. Keep these notes, you might need them when this map comes out! Laughing

David

Very Happy

Zuletzt von David R am Sa 30 Apr - 12:42 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 16:35

Sounds all well thought out!

May I ask, the real world timetables state a 10 minute layover at either Montagu or the other one. I don't think we should have a layover in Fenham of more than 2 minutes since you will be blocking traffic and its unrealistic. have it at side terminus points. however, of course, if there is no station at the other end, will you do what you did with Spektefield.

Finally at Fenham coming in from Montagu for example, will I be able to drop people off and then run dead back to depot via a side street, or will I have to do a 36 to city and a 36 back to face the right way?
Nach oben Nach unten
tomtoon

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 17:08

david I dont know if its possible, but are you going to make this route so you'll ONLY hear geordie passengers?
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 17:11

Of course it is! Omsi - 'Cause its possible!
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 17:11

tomtoon schrieb:
david I dont know if its possible, but are you going to make this route so you'll ONLY hear geordie passengers?

Answer to that question was included in this reponse Tom : Very Happy

David R schrieb:
I was clicking ..... Wink >

FRAPS (the software I used to make the vid) has an option to hide the mouse cursor, in the video.

The English Male Voice Pack (various accents) that you hear in this vid is already available in the 'Mods/Tools' section of the forum.

....but a specific "geordie" voice pack will come with this map.

"alreet bonny lad, give iz a single t' the toon pal"... Laughing

Cheers,
David

So yes, a seperate set of north east regional male voices will be included and you'll only hear those voices. Can't 100% commit to the female voices yet as my female voice actor is not keen on fulfilling her duties! ..... but with some persuasion..... Wink

David

www.omsi-addons.co.uk

Zuletzt von David R am Fr 29 Apr - 9:30 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 17:13

I'm sure if you do her the favor she will be more than ha--- actually thinking about maybe not the best thing to do. Shut the kids up and I'm sure she will coperate lol
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 373

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitimeDo 28 Apr - 19:48

David R schrieb:
tomtoon schrieb:

thanks

ahh..... does this mean when we instal this map when it is ready that these voices will automatically be replaced? A good thing for most people but I cut all my passengers throats and they don't talk to me, cough, complain.. in fact they get on the bus and sit straight down...(I removed all the voice files)
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle   (All support now moved to "Real Maps" section):  Stagecoach Newcastle - Seite 4 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

(All support now moved to "Real Maps" section): Stagecoach Newcastle
Seite 4 von 6Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Weiter