ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)

Nach unten 
+9
Lockheart
JayKae
random.monster1981
ricky30
Janniboy
EDawg
Ralph Kramden
Niklas
MarkHodgkinson
13 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter
AutorNachricht
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 4 Mai - 14:45

The reason why I asked is because you have for example, The Main Line Livery. You made a repaint of the SD77 and D92. It think it would cool to release the liveries with all models grouped together.

Nach oben Nach unten
MarkHodgkinson

Anzahl der Beiträge : 84

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 5 Mai - 19:24

EDawg schrieb:
The reason why I asked is because you have for example, The Main Line Livery. You made a repaint of the SD77 and D92. It think it would cool to release the liveries with all models grouped together.

I think you are right - it will take too long to release them as separate buses anyhow! I will release them as packs.

Started on a couple more repaints today:

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt43
Leon Motor Services SD77

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt44
Sheffield Transport SD77
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 2:20

Very nice. I notice that you have red wheels. Did you figure out a way to have colored wheels with a particular repaint or would every bus have those color wheels?
Nach oben Nach unten
MarkHodgkinson

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 8 Mai - 16:29

EDawg schrieb:
Very nice. I notice that you have red wheels. Did you figure out a way to have colored wheels with a particular repaint or would every bus have those color wheels?

As you can see below, I figured out how to apply different wheel repaints to different buses:

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt46

It involves a simple update to the Textur-Changes part of each model's model cfg file. The updated files will be included as part of my repaint releases accordingly.

My Leon repaint is now sporting Leon logos and blue wheels.
MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt45
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 12 Mai - 4:50

Sweet! Now I really can't wait! cheers cheers cheers cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 12 Mai - 9:03

Small tip, IF you are using Paint.net to create your repaints, If you download images of the bus liveries you are creating, You can open the image in paint.net and use the "color picker" tool to click on an area of the bus to get the same shade of colour as the real livery Wink

It is a method I am using to remake all of my liveries ( and more ) and when released will be more true to life Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

Anzahl der Beiträge : 248

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 12 Mai - 9:16

This is indeed fabulous work, cannot wait for this!
Nach oben Nach unten
MarkHodgkinson

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 12 Mai - 20:09

random.monster1981 schrieb:
Small tip, IF you are using Paint.net to create your repaints, If you download images of the bus liveries you are creating, You can open the image in paint.net and use the "color picker" tool to click on an area of the bus to get the same shade of colour as the real livery Wink

It is a method I am using to remake all of my liveries ( and more ) and when released will be more true to life Smile

Thank you for the tip, but I already used this method, but using Paint Shop Pro rather than Paint.net.

This method is good to get a rough idea of the livery colour, but it is worth remembering that in a photograph the colours aren't just blocks of colour, but rather loads of different shades of pixels. You can colour pick at different points on the photograph where the livery colour is the same and get a different colour! Also, you can get different colours depending on the camera used and the lighting on the day. It's a good starting point though.

Sadly I haven't had any time this week to work on my re-paints, but hopefully will grab some time over the weekend.

BTW, I presume you think that some of my liveries aren't the correct colours then?
Nach oben Nach unten
MarkHodgkinson

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 12 Mai - 20:40

...forgot to post these progress screenshots last week.

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt47
New - Mainline SD85.

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt48
New - Coachline D92 to compliment the SD85 I did a few weeks ago.

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt49
Updated - Mainline D92 - Added the "Transport Executive Passes & Permits" sticker to the drivers door.

Thanks for the continued interest. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDo 12 Mai - 21:05

MarkHodgkinson schrieb:
BTW, I presume you think that some of my liveries aren't the correct colours then?

I actually believe it was more of a tip on how to speed up the process rather than pointing out incorrect colors, but then again I don't know what the real buses look like, so I'm only guessing.

Regardless, looking awesome, really looking forward to the release of these. Keep up the good work.
Nach oben Nach unten
MarkHodgkinson

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 16:19

Today's Progress Shots:

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt50
SYT logo now added to the upper front windows of the Sheffield Mainline SD77.

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt51
Transport Executive sticker added on the SD77 and SD85.

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt52
New repaint - Yorkshire Rider (Bradford) SD77

In terms of when I release all these repaints, what's the best way forward? Megaupload, 4Shared etc, or is there an official upload area?
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 16:51

Congratulations, Mark! You are very talented. Smile
I think Mediafire and Megaupload are the best for sharing. There is also a official host at Aerosoft Downloads. You just have to create a forum account and then you can upload the file (up to 100mb if I'm not wrong).

Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
MarkHodgkinson

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 14 Mai - 19:05

Thiago schrieb:
Congratulations, Mark! You are very talented. Smile
I think Mediafire and Megaupload are the best for sharing. There is also a official host at Aerosoft Downloads. You just have to create a forum account and then you can upload the file (up to 100mb if I'm not wrong).

Very Happy

Thanks. I will look into the Aerosoft Downloads.

Finally for today, I have just updated my Mainline D92 repaint to feature re-furbished Mainline seating and yellow handrails:

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt53

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt54
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 15 Mai - 6:16

you could also use dropbox, its pretty fast and there are no ads Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 15 Mai - 10:23

Hey Mark,

I could supply you with upload facility at my aussiex.net server. David R (Dannenburg, Modern Spandau etc) uses my server already, all you need to know is how to operate an FTP upload client, PM me if you are interested.
Nach oben Nach unten
MarkHodgkinson

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 15 Mai - 21:23

Thanks for the info.

I've done some more work on Rotherham Mainline today...............

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt55
Rotherham Mainline D92 Versions 2 and 1

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Omsisyt56
Mainline D92 and Rotherham Mainline D92 Version 3 (partial Mainline repaint hence the faded yellow)
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 18 Mai - 12:34

Very nice repaints Smile I hate to ask, but when will we be able to drive around with these awesome repaints?
Nach oben Nach unten
MarkHodgkinson

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 23:39

EDawg schrieb:
Very nice repaints Smile I hate to ask, but when will we be able to drive around with these awesome repaints?

I'm in no rush to release them and will do so when I'm entirely happy with them. Unfortunately I haven't had as much time to work on them as I would have liked over the past few weeks.

For your information, I'm hoping to have the pair of Yorkshire Traction D92s released first; perhaps over the coming weekend. Watch this forum.

As ever I appreciate your support in my repaints and thank you for your continued interest.

Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeFr 20 Mai - 23:48

Sweet stuff man, I cannot wait, did you get my PM mate ?
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 21 Mai - 1:45

MarkHodgkinson schrieb:
EDawg schrieb:

I'm in no rush to release them and will do so when I'm entirely happy with them. Unfortunately I haven't had as much time to work on them as I would have liked over the past few weeks.

For your information, I'm hoping to have the pair of Yorkshire Traction D92s released first; perhaps over the coming weekend. Watch this forum.

As ever I appreciate your support in my repaints and thank you for your continued interest.

Sweet! Can't wait for the release
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 21 Mai - 3:23

Really looking forward to the release of these skins. They are so well done and look like they'd fit nicely with the fictional York map I'm working on.

Keep up the good work, can't wait!(but will)
Nach oben Nach unten
MarkHodgkinson

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 21 Mai - 12:44

Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 21 Mai - 12:46

WOW Mark, they are HOT! Can I have your permission to upload it to www.aussiex.org as well pls ? David R's maps are hosted there and Thiagos and Cristians as well, would really appreciate it Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
MarkHodgkinson

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 21 Mai - 12:55

JayKae schrieb:
WOW Mark, they are HOT! Can I have your permission to upload it to www.aussiex.org as well pls ? David R's maps are hosted there and Thiagos and Cristians as well, would really appreciate it Smile

Thanks for the kind words. I give you permission to upload my Yorkshire Traction D92 repaint pack to www.aussiex.org as requested. Thanks for asking.
Nach oben Nach unten
JayKae

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 21 Mai - 13:01

No problem mate, big freeware fan, even a bigger fan of doing the right thing Smile Thank you for the permission, if you release anything else in the future can I upload to our site as well please?

PS If you register at OZx I could allocate the files that belong to you to your name but I could just upload it for you etc just a thought

EDIT Here ya go man Smile

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1736-yorkshire-traction-d92-pack/
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)   MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress) - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

MarkHodgkinson's SYT & Yorkshire Traction Repaints (Work In Progress)
Seite 2 von 4Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3, 4  Weiter