ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

[Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.)

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
TomsonTom

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

texttexture - [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.) Empty
BeitragThema: [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.)   texttexture - [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.) Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 11:27

Hi!

I want to ask you how to use [texttexture]. In .sco files, there're always just a few lines with text colour or so, but no coordinates of the text. So my question is, where and how to set the position of the text on a scenery object? Should it be done in Blender or somewhere else? And is there any tutorial on this?

Thanks a lot!
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

texttexture - [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.) Empty
BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.)   texttexture - [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.) Icon_minitimeDo 31 März - 12:28

This will be explained in one of the following SDKs. For the moment, here are some things to try:
The text on a text texture is usually centered on the given texture resolution set in [texttesture].
The easiest way to make a label is to create a "dummy texture" matching the resolution of the set up text texture.
Map this texture to an extra polygon in Blender where you want to have your text. Export the model and make a material entry linking to this very dummy texture and assign the desired text texture to it (using [usetexttexture]).
Nach oben Nach unten
TomsonTom

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.)   texttexture - [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.) Icon_minitimeFr 1 Apr - 19:52

Thank you very much, I managed to do it, haha. However, I've got a problem. As soon as I write a text, the whole texture becomes transparent and I can see thru the object. It doesn't matter whether the texture is right on the model or about 20 centimeters in front of the object... I use the same text texture as is used in an object pack I downloaded and in which it works. Neutral

texttexture - [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.) Omsi2011-04-0121-50-18-22
Nach oben Nach unten
TomsonTom

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.)   texttexture - [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.) Icon_minitimeFr 1 Apr - 20:41

Problem solved. There MUST be another texture BEHIND the text texture. Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.)   texttexture - [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.) Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 8:18

TomsonTom schrieb:
Problem solved. There MUST be another texture BEHIND the text texture. Smile
Oh that's cool, a great method if map is not built completely Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.)   texttexture - [Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.) Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

[Solved] How to make [texttexture] work? (Custom texts on scenery objects.)
Seite 1 von 1