ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

OMSI Editor Background image

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

OMSI Editor Background image Empty
BeitragThema: OMSI Editor Background image   OMSI Editor Background image Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 17:55

As some of you may or may not know in the OMSI editor there is an option to place a background map image to help you lay roads, place buildings etc, this image is only displayed in the editor and not in the simulator.
Anyway I have been in touch with the author of RWDecal which is a tool that is used to make decal images from Google Earth to be used as background images in the Railworks editor, if it might be possible to make a version for OMSI, via the tool you could mark out an area in Google Earth and it would automatically produce a large jpeg of the area allowing you to use in OMSI making it much easier than doing it manually.
Here is the link to RWDecal's news page which has a bit of info - RWDecal News Page
So if you think it is a good idea please let him know.

A little look of how the sample image looks, just a small area of the 5km x 5km image, a few bus objects have been placed on top of real buses to check the scale.
OMSI Editor Background image OmsiEditorBack

Zuletzt von Jasonm am Do 24 März - 21:00 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
Skiv

Skiv

Anzahl der Beiträge : 113

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Editor Background image   OMSI Editor Background image Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 20:07

Would be better if you post this in the german section. English section is kinda.. forgotten by M&R
Nach oben Nach unten
scania_n270ub

scania_n270ub

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Editor Background image   OMSI Editor Background image Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 20:57

Skiv schrieb:
Would be better if you post this in the german section. English section is kinda.. forgotten by M&R
The problem comes when you don't have a clue of German...
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.vbus.es
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Editor Background image   OMSI Editor Background image Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 21:02

Skiv schrieb:

I have posted in the German section as well.

Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
StoneC0ld1

Anzahl der Beiträge : 35

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Editor Background image   OMSI Editor Background image Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 22:06

This would be awesome....

Putting together the background image for the city I'm planning to build is exactly the roadblock that's preventing me from doing it. I tried following the advice given to me in the route construction forum and captured a bunch of images covering at least one of the routes I intend to model, but I have a feeling that I won't have any hair left even if I do succeed in splicing them all together (after pulling it all out in frustration, being a bit on the impatient side.. Razz)

I see on the RWDecal site, he officially announced that he's considering making an OMSIDecal application, and is asking for suggestions or recommendations (for or against) on doing it.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: OMSI Editor Background image   OMSI Editor Background image Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

OMSI Editor Background image
Seite 1 von 1