ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)

Nach unten 
+5
scania_n270ub
EDawg
Mike
aarongilp
krtz07
9 verfasser
AutorNachricht
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Empty
BeitragThema: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 2:20

Someone on the site recently requested for me to release a tweak to the engine, which enables to bus to accelerate more rapidly then the original as well as the ability to climb hills. Well I have decided to take a powercurve from an modern engine eg.. Cummins ISL 280HP engine and place it onto the original bus. Now I truly understand why these buses shall not exceed over 200HP in general. However, it is extremely fun to operate. For now, I have made some tweaks to the physics of the engine and gave it the torque and perimeters of that of an Cummins ISL 280 engine. The European variant of the engine is the Cummins Euro 5. This release should be deemed as version 0.5 alpha, I have yet to integrate the sounds of an Cummins ISL into OMSI yet. I should hopefully get this done by the week's end or sometime next week. The changes made now are strictly to the torque curve of the engine, as well as the engine's braking curve, which are based off the real Cummins isl.

I hope that by version 1.0, I will have the sounds of the Cummins ISL integrated into the mod. By version, 2.0 hopefully added a Turbocharger or a sound of a turbocharger to the engine. Without the SDK of the script, adding actual turbocharger to the engine will be near impossible to do. So the best route is to take as stands now is to add the sound of one via the sound file until I get myself familiarized with the script.

Download version 0.5 Alpha

http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/OMSI/Cummins_ISL_Mod.zip

Instructions

1. extract the contents of the files to the C:\Program Files\m-r-software\Omsi\Vehicles directory.
2. Open up OMSI and click on "Add a bus", look for the SD202 - D92 - Cummins ISL Tweak 0.5 Alpha Name under the selector.
3. Enjoy and drive carefully this engine is fast!!

As usual, do not worry, nothing will or should not be overwritten.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 20:48

Hi!
I've tried your mod and the truth is I really enjoyed it!! Comparing it to an ordinary D92, yours is extremely powerful. How did you get the torque curve? I'd like to try to make a test with other engines but I have no idea where to get them from.

Thank you so much for this improvement, I'd use it a lot!

Zuletzt von aarongilp am Di 22 März - 20:57 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Mike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 79

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 20:54

Deffinately more like Cummins now, just needs the right sound. This is about the same speed as some Tridents. Could do with a higher top speed though.
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 21:05

Mike schrieb:
Deffinately more like Cummins now, just needs the right sound. This is about the same speed as some Tridents. Could do with a higher top speed though.

I agree, you can get to top speed in no time. This would be a nice merge with the transmission mod.
Nach oben Nach unten
scania_n270ub

scania_n270ub

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeDi 22 März - 21:37

It would be amazing some VOITH D854.3 or ZF 4/5HP Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.vbus.es
krtz07

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeMi 23 März - 1:10

http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/OMSI/EngineMod+D851-4speed-1-1.rar

1. extract the contents of the files to the C:\Program Files\m-r-software\Omsi\Vehicles directory.
2. Open up OMSI and click on "Add a bus", look for the "SD202 - D86RVH", "SD202 - D92R" under the selector.
3. Enjoy and drive carefully this engine is fast!!
Nach oben Nach unten
vicedens2002

Anzahl der Beiträge : 20

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeMi 23 März - 10:56

Thats me, I requested. Thanks... cheers
Now I can continue with my map testing...
I will test and will provide feedback
thanks once again..

Denny
Nach oben Nach unten
zavage

zavage

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1034

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeMi 23 März - 16:01

the d92r is not function by me. when i always click to choice them, i become a error massage that omsi.exe won't working. but the d86rvh is great. Can you make a d86 or some of them, that will,when you push gas completly, the motor sound is higher and it shifts earlier then now. Like for example; i was today in a citaro, the busdriver gave fullgas, the motor was really loud but the bus was slowly until the 2. gear/3. gear.

My english is not so good, but i hope you will understand it.
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeMi 23 März - 16:51

zavage schrieb:
the d92r is not function by me. when i always click to choice them, i become a error massage that omsi.exe won't working. but the d86rvh is great. Can you make a d86 or some of them, that will,when you push gas completly, the motor sound is higher and it shifts earlier then now. Like for example; i was today in a citaro, the busdriver gave fullgas, the motor was really loud but the bus was slowly until the 2. gear/3. gear.

My english is not so good, but i hope you will understand it.

Fixed, missing txt file -

http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info/OMSI/EngineMod+D851-4speed-1-1.rar
Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Mike

Anzahl der Beiträge : 79

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeMi 23 März - 19:29

BEAST!!!!!!
Nach oben Nach unten
EDawg

EDawg

Anzahl der Beiträge : 199

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 0:40

Mike schrieb:
BEAST!!!!!!

This is a D92 on STEROIDS affraid Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeDo 24 März - 12:27

Really love the D86 mod here, less convinced with the D92, especially in 1st gear, but that's just a preference. I will definately use this D86 mod though. Thanks for making it. Very Happy

D.
Nach oben Nach unten
Seasoup

Anzahl der Beiträge : 8

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeMo 28 März - 21:36

scania_n270ub schrieb:
It would be amazing some VOITH D854.3 or ZF 4/5HP Laughing
oh boy .. the ZF 4HP500 is one special gearbox bounce
Nach oben Nach unten

Anzahl der Beiträge : 94

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 22:18

I work with buses, im an engineer for national express west midlands Smile
If you want, or if someone wants to, i can get all the proper sounds for a cummins ISB and ISC engine that are usually found in tridents and enviro 400's.
Also i can get the sound of volvo engines found in a B10L and Scania Omnicity 5 cylinder engines.
If theres any sounds people want, let me know as i drive them (having a PCV licence and all that Razz ) so i can get top end and get the nice whine off a Voith or ZF gearbox Wink
Ash
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)   Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92) Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Faster Acceleration Engine Retrofit mod (D92)
Seite 1 von 1