ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Streets and Crossings

Nach unten 
+15
CristianSkytter
Marcel Kuhnt
Sascha
Lockheart
aarongilp
flippy1008
krtz07
BusRider
TomsonTom
midtown292
Amy Rose
swidzi
jswallow
Se7en
Emil
19 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter
AutorNachricht
swidzi

Anzahl der Beiträge : 10

*streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 29 März - 11:05

Emil schrieb:

Actually that will not be made soon.
So time to learn Blender Smile If I manage to do something useful i will try to make it compatible with Your addon (since my route is mostly based on it). Can You explain what RQ in street names mean?
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

Anzahl der Beiträge : 596

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 29 März - 11:36

The RQ is from German Street Construction Rules: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richtlinien_für_die_Anlage_von_Straßen_–_Querschnitt It stands for normal cross section.
Nach oben Nach unten
swidzi

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 29 März - 11:48

Emil schrieb:
The RQ is from German Street Construction Rules: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richtlinien_für_die_Anlage_von_Straßen_–_Querschnitt It stands for normal cross section.

Thank You very much Smile It is simple enough for me to read and understand it Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
TomsonTom

Anzahl der Beiträge : 23

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 29 März - 19:13

It actually contains almost everything that I need. However, it'd be great if you added also RQ 10,5 to 15,5 without sidewalk, because RQ 15,5 without sidewalk already exists. It'd also be great if you added 2-line one-way roads and junctions, but it's not difficult to do it myself, you just change one or a few more numbers in the files. Smile If you want, I can send you some of your 2-line roads made one-way, so you can put it into your package. I think it can be pretty useful. Smile

If you wonder what to do next, I think it'd be great if you added some junctions from real cities (Google Maps), for example something like this:

*streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Google
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 29 März - 22:07

Lol I am going to seriously rage to myself why I didn't get this mod since I had to make a lot of workarounds with vanilla. Once I get my route problems fixed and map released, I will remake the ENTIRE map with such items
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 2:30

My side walks are white. How do I get the texture to work?

Other than that, everything works.
Nach oben Nach unten
swidzi

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 6:02

BusRider schrieb:
My side walks are white. How do I get the texture to work?
Had the same problem - I did not do the 3b part of the Manual:
Zitat :
copy and RENAME "Sceneryobjects\Railroad_RUE\texture\Gleis_Betonschwellen.bmp" TO "Sceneryobjects\ADDON_SimpleStreets\texture\Gleis_Beton.bmp"

When You do this all should be well.
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 14:10

What program do you use to model out these streets? Or is it done via notepad? I am trying to create transition pieces or connectors as you perfer which would take a standard 11 meter road (str_2spur_11m_SeeburgerStr1.sli) with sidewalks, and turn it into a 8 meter road without sidewalks.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Emil

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 14:54

BusRider schrieb:
My side walks are white. How do I get the texture to work? [..]
There is a texture missing. Please find readme and see, if you have copied the .\texture folders in the proper manner.

All files in "splines" are made in notepad. All o3d files in "Sceneryobjects" are made in blender. (You may convert splines to .x files and import these to blender to know the right size.)
Nach oben Nach unten
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 30 März - 16:29

^Thank you and I did get some magic happening within 25 minutes of creating splines.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 2 Apr - 19:46

I am having white textures after installing, I even did 3b and move the texture folder from marcel folder
Fixed, since I forgot to extract the contents
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 3 Apr - 8:24

on the autobahn exit, the 10,5 1 lane road to leave only points for traffic incoming (entering Autobahn) and wont let me make it the other way around. the only way to prevent a crash with oncoming traffic is by blocking all cars using the sliplane off...or making them disappear halfway up? if you know a strategy that would be great because this Autobahn can be great for map building!

also roundabouts which spline do I use cos the 9'5 6'5 wont link?
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 0:50

Can you please make bus stops for 15,5 roads since currently, I have to use road transitions when nearing a bus stop.
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 8:14

flippy1008 schrieb:
on the autobahn exit, the 10,5 1 lane road to leave only points for traffic incoming (entering Autobahn) and wont let me make it the other way around. the only way to prevent a crash with oncoming traffic is by blocking all cars using the sliplane off...or making them disappear halfway up? if you know a strategy that would be great because this Autobahn can be great for map building!

also roundabouts which spline do I use cos the 9'5 6'5 wont link?

Spline RQ 10,5 yes, i recognized this. try placing the lane from the other end. OR use small tickmark Mirror prior to placing element.
Remark: RQ 10,5 Splitter-Object has a problem with collision mesh, should be repaired in latest version.

Both Roundabouts using RQ 9,5 checked it in Editor. Try hitting F9 to switch attachment points.
Nach oben Nach unten
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 10:16

I've noticed some problems with IA while connecting a roundabout with a street (RQ_10,5_2spur_7,5.sli) using connectors (RQ 9,5 to X8 (Compatible with Altonaer Str)). In editor, you can see paths are not coupling in one of the two lanes, so cars appear/disappear from scratch, causing accidents. What is the problem from? It's me, I'm placing the wrong pieces, or it's a design problem?
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMo 4 Apr - 12:20

You are using the wrong connector, it should be sth. like RQ_9,5_to_10,5. Altonaer Str is not compatible with neither RQ 9,5 nor RQ 10,5. It's compatible with X8

Edit: Important note
Some issues with "invisible objects" have been identified. They will be updated in some days.
Nach oben Nach unten
Lockheart

Anzahl der Beiträge : 125

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 6 Apr - 4:28

Greetings!

I've got two things, one is a question/request and the other is just a request.

First up is the question, Is it possible to make the roads a little more uneven, like patches in the road and such? I'm sure we all know roads aren't all at 100% condition, especially roads buses and such run on.

and the other is, would it be possible to make the RQ X / 8,0, Bus stop Double use the same road textures as Borkumer spline? Its that gray slab looking bumpy road. having the bus stop and the road use these tiles would look great for a bus station/terminal. Let me know if you need more info on this.
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 6 Apr - 6:40

Lockheart schrieb:
Greetings!

I've got two things, one is a question/request and the other is just a request.

First up is the question, Is it possible to make the roads a little more uneven, like patches in the road and such? I'm sure we all know roads aren't all at 100% condition, especially roads buses and such run on.

and the other is, would it be possible to make the RQ X / 8,0, Bus stop Double use the same road textures as Borkumer spline? Its that gray slab looking bumpy road. having the bus stop and the road use these tiles would look great for a bus station/terminal. Let me know if you need more info on this.

Ah, that's concrete in Borkumer spline. I know that roads are not alway that clean. But there are some reasons for me to use standard omsi textures.
  • No need to create textures (I'm not quite good with that)
  • Textures are iso-directional, asphalt textures can be placed on crossings and junctions without great problems. If you have drive-markings or used textures with rubber lanes on it, you'd have to create a special texture for every crossing so it doesn't look bad.
  • Texture is changable. If you want other textures you may create your own set of textures which is compatible with Marcel's textures. This set will work with the Streets delivered.
  • Winter and Snow textures aviable. Winter and snow textures included in OMSI will be used. (Again one thing, which needs not to be created.)
  • Compatible with standard OMSI-Roads.

Probably sth. like this will be created very much later. But I'm already satisfied if the set enables you to create a variety of streets.
Nach oben Nach unten
Sascha

Sascha

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 9 Apr - 10:28

Hello,
really great job! Could you please tell me the name of the street which fits to the roundabout exits?
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 9 Apr - 11:07

Sascha schrieb:
Hello,
really great job! Could you please tell me the name of the street which fits to the roundabout exits?

It's spline "RQ_9,5_2spur_6,5m_Sidewalk.sli" which is also delivered in the SimpleStreets package. There are also some Transitions (e.g. RQ_9,5_to_X8.sco) which enable use of SimpleStreets' streets with original OMSI-streets.
Nach oben Nach unten
Sascha

Sascha

Anzahl der Beiträge : 140

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 9 Apr - 11:10

Tank you very much! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

BeitragThema: Help wanted for Left-Hand Traffic.   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 11:25

Is some of you interested in lefthand traffic? Maybe there could be a Version of the SimpleStreets which is enabled for left hand traffic? If someone is interested in modifying the AI-Paths on crossings and junctions I'd really appreciate your help with this. I'd like to contribute the blender and 3D-Models.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeDi 12 Apr - 20:23

Ok, but please mind that OMSI will have problems with left handed traffic yet! Of course this is changeble but we have not the time doing this at the moment. But without this changes, the "right-before-left" rule and of course the entring and exiting of the bus will cause problems, I think...
Nach oben Nach unten
Emil

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 9:25

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Ok, but please mind that OMSI will have problems with left handed traffic yet! Of course this is changeble but we have not the time doing this at the moment. But without this changes, the "right-before-left" rule and of course the entring and exiting of the bus will cause problems, I think...
Concerning "right-before-left"-rule, i read an article that even in left hand traffic it will remain right-before-left. I'm not expecting you to change something in the code. The problem with the passengers will remain until someone will release a user-created bus which can be mirrored. Probably I'll set up a test scene to see, if left-hand traffic is possible.
Nach oben Nach unten
CristianSkytter

CristianSkytter

Anzahl der Beiträge : 533

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeMi 13 Apr - 9:41

I agree with this Arrow
Emil schrieb:
(...) i read an article that even in left hand traffic it will remain right-before-left. (...)
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Streets and Crossings   *streets* - Streets and Crossings - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Streets and Crossings
Seite 2 von 3Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2, 3  Weiter