ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Boxed version - activation

Nach unten 
4 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Susu986

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3

Boxed version - activation Empty
BeitragThema: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 21:00

Hi guys!

I'm just planning to buy the game, but this activation thing sounds really annoying. Will the boxed version require an on-line activation, and will it be marketed in the United Kingdom or I will have to buy it from Germany (because then extra shipping charges will apply as well) ?

Thanks,

Peter
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 21:08

Activation will be needed for sure. I don't know how activation will work, perhaps it will be the same as the download version, but I'm sure that it will be needed. I didn't have problems with the activation, but this changes from user to user.

About the purchase, I think just the creators can tell. What a Face

Bye!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
Susu986

BeitragThema: Re: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 21:16

Thiago schrieb:
Activation will be needed for sure. I don't know how activation will work, perhaps it will be the same as the download version, but I'm sure that it will be needed. I didn't have problems with the activation, but this changes from user to user.

About the purchase, I think just the creators can tell. What a Face

Bye!

Thanks! Smile

So activation is working fine for you? I've heard things that people had to wait hours to get their game activated. Did you bought it from Aerosoft and are you using on-line activation?
I'm already warming up my G25 and TrackIr !

Regards,

Peter
Nach oben Nach unten
BlackSpider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 36

BeitragThema: Re: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 21:23

I´m also waiting for the boxed version. And i don´t mind using the on-line activation.
But i have a few other questions about it.

1. What sort of printe documentation do we get with the boxed version (Map, Manual Timetable's Etc.)?
2. How do we get the boxed version is this trough Aerosoft site or can i order it also in a Netherlands (on-line) Shop?

Hope these questions can be answered.

BlackSpider
Nach oben Nach unten
Thiago

Thiago

Anzahl der Beiträge : 252

BeitragThema: Re: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 21:25

It's running ok here. Smile Perhaps this activation problem was related to the massive requests of activations when the game was released.

The only thing I'm afraid is to update my Windows 7 to Windows 7 SP1. I saw some people regarding about compatibility issues after this upgrade. But my activation remains correct here.

Oh, you have TrackIR, so it will be even better! What a Face

@ Blackspider: I think the same PDF contents that were avaiable in the download version will be avaiable as a printed manual (at least I hope so).]
I saw OMSI pre-order at Amazon.de, so this may indicate that the game will be avaiable in other websites.

Bye!
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.tooo.com.br/omsi
Susu986

BeitragThema: Re: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 21:31

Thiago schrieb:
It's running ok here. Smile Perhaps this activation problem was related to the massive requests of activations when the game was released.

The only thing I'm afraid is to update my Windows 7 to Windows 7 SP1. I saw some people regarding about compatibility issues after this upgrade. But my activation remains correct here.

@ Blackspider: I think the same PDF contents that were avaiable in the download version will be avaiable as a printed manual (at least I hope so).]
I saw OMSI pre-order at Amazon.de, so this may indicate that the game will be avaiable in other websites.

Bye!

Great! I don't mind activation either, if it works instantly.
About Windows: you might still be able to run the game in 'compatibility' mode.
About printed stuff: I have no idea, either. Definetely not printed manual, it's more 100 pages, maybe a printed map and schedule.
And about TrackIR: if anyone reading this, BUY TRACKIR (TrackIR 5, not 4)! That's one of the best gaming accessory you can have. Since I have TrackIR, I wouldn't play without it, and I'm so happy this game also supports it! Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
BlackSpider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 36

BeitragThema: Re: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 21:45

Thiago schrieb:

Bye!

Shocked affraid Thanks for the quick reaction. I'm going to keep a eye out on the web shops here.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 23:17

From what I've read, most of the activation issues seemed to stem from;

a). Initial teething problems with the new Aerosoft Launcher, and

b). Windows 7 SP1 release,

I was activated and playing in minutes, but I use Win XP, and everything's simpler with the older OS! I certainly wouldn't let activation put you off such an amazing sim. I've had it a week now and am still addicted to it. It's nicely customizable and tweakable too as I'm finding. Cool

Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

BeitragThema: Re: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitimeFr 4 März - 6:17

davidrogers schrieb:

From what I've read, most of the activation issues seemed to stem from;

a). Initial teething problems with the new Aerosoft Launcher, and

b). Windows 7 SP1 release,

I was activated and playing in minutes, but I use Win XP, and everything's simpler with the older OS! I certainly wouldn't let activation put you off such an amazing sim. I've had it a week now and am still addicted to it. It's nicely customizable and tweakable too as I'm finding. Cool

I had Windows 7 when I downloaded and activated this, and had no problems at all. The problem with SP1 was something related with aerosoft launcher, but they updated just after SP1 was launched. When I updated SP1 the game appeared locked again, so I simply had to enter the key again and unlock. It seems that until the fix came, the game remained locked (but I didn't have that problem because the patch was applied for the time I was to play again).

So basically, there shouldn't be any problems with SP1 right now.

And unless all box buyers try to activate at same time, I don't think you will have problems either. This happened with the download version because all the people were waiting for it, maybe even hitting F5 at their browsers every 5 minutes (I heard about the game for first time 1-2 days after that, so didn't have that problem either Laughing ), so therefor servers got a bit saturated.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Boxed version - activation   Boxed version - activation Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Boxed version - activation
Seite 1 von 1