ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
rzr09

rzr09

Anzahl der Beiträge : 273

Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Empty
BeitragThema: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 13:04

i was on a scania omilink today and i was listening to gear changing ( Auto) and theres like 6 gears ? but in omsi there only 3 gear changes i think? is there anyway to add more ? Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
Freddyx93

Freddyx93

Anzahl der Beiträge : 333

BeitragThema: Re: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitimeDi 1 März - 13:34

The New Buses have a Automatic Gearbox with 4 or 6 Gears in germany Wink
I Don´t know how to add more Gears, the Old Busses have Buttons 1/2/3 and the D92 have D.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.omsidepot.net
krtz07

Anzahl der Beiträge : 413

BeitragThema: Re: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitimeDo 3 März - 17:53

freddyx93 schrieb:
The New Buses have a Automatic Gearbox with 4 or 6 Gears in germany Wink
I Don´t know how to add more Gears, the Old Busses have Buttons 1/2/3 and the D92 have D.
Voiths generally has 3 to 4 gears, the later voiths has 4 gears, the earlier voiths only has three gears. The ZF can range from anywhere between 4-6 gears. The later ones, however has 5 or 6 gears. The extremely recent Zf has 6 speed transmissions.

I do not know how to add gears in OMSI either.. it looks like it requires an update to not only the transmission file, but also the cockpit config file under the gearbox button configuration as well. I have no idea, however, hopefully someone will explain it to us. I would really love to start producing a bus for OMSI, and also start modeling some scenery for the simulator.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.philadelphiatransitvehicles.info
midtown292

midtown292

Anzahl der Beiträge : 163

BeitragThema: Re: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 7:09

Some modern Voiths have 3 speed still - I believe Lothian's B9TLs have 3 speed Voiths and I watched a Youtube video of a BVG MAN Lion's City DD with what sounded like a 3 speed Voith. But ZFs are in my opinion the best, not just for the number of gears but the sound and the speed of the shifts and the gear ratios. ZF 4HP or whatever was in the Lynxes sounds great and so does the one in the early Volvo Olympians. But for now I would suggest making a map, now that the English SDK manual is here it is very easy - I am making one fictional town now. Also, if you want to make a bus stick to a Voith for now until someone explains the gearbox files. (KMB right hand drive Volvo Olympian would be nice, hint, hint! :p) I am going to try and copy the folder with the D92 and edit the Gearbox files to see if i can make it 4 speed Voith for high speed routes. Wish me luck!
Nach oben Nach unten
batbish2000

Anzahl der Beiträge : 10

BeitragThema: Re: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 16:01

Actually I work for Lothian and our B9's all have 4 speed gearboxes as far as I can tell.
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 18:01

Yeah, I guess you guys drive so slow you never get to 4 :p

EDIt: Voith gearboxes shift quite slowly even when you are flooring it!

Zuletzt von midtown292 am Di 8 März - 0:33 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet (Grund : Voith sucks :p)
Nach oben Nach unten
batbish2000

BeitragThema: Re: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitimeMo 7 März - 18:38

LOL...you sound like a worstbus or stagecoach driver!Actually when I was at work today I realised they don't reach top gear until you're going just over 30mph, so if your just driving "in town" they more than likely don't reach 4th gear.
Nach oben Nach unten
midtown292

midtown292

BeitragThema: Re: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 0:30

batbish2000 schrieb:
LOL...you sound like a worstbus or stagecoach driver!Actually when I was at work today I realised they don't reach top gear until you're going just over 30mph, so if your just driving "in town" they more than likely don't reach 4th gear.

LOL! I do drive quite fast, yes, if that's what you mean ...worstbus, lol First are great Very Happy Anyway's, I am not a driver, just an enthusiast but I might work for Lothian one day - I'll be the one with all the speeding tickets Razz Hope they still have the Olympian drver trainers when I start cos I would love to learn in one. Maybe you could post pictures of one so I or someone could try to make one for OMSI. Btw how does OMSI compare to driving a real bus, assuming you have the game and a G25 or similar wheel.
Nach oben Nach unten
batbish2000

BeitragThema: Re: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitimeDi 8 März - 19:15

I don't have a G25 wheel...yet!So driving the bus in the game is definetly harder than in real life.At the moment they are still using a couple of Olympians as training buses along with Dennis Darts as well.The Darts are horrible.When I first started it was Darts they were using on the (in)famous number 22 and also number 29 routes.I've never liked them or the shorter versions that were used on the now defunct 64 that went from Holyrood to Dynamic Earth.As for photos, I personally don't have any, but if you try www.flikr.com or www.fotopic.net and type in lothian buses there are thousands of photos.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?   Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi? Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Do modern buses Have more gear than Omsi?
Seite 1 von 1