ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Win7 + XP Dual Boot

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

Win7 + XP Dual Boot Empty
BeitragThema: Win7 + XP Dual Boot   Win7 + XP Dual Boot Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 22:05

I see some people prefer to run OMSI in XP instead of Win7, I have Win7 by default but was looking at installing XP on a dual boot to see if it runs better, question is shall I install XP 32 or 64 bit as I have both.
What version of XP are you running OMSI on?
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: Win7 + XP Dual Boot   Win7 + XP Dual Boot Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 22:19

Id be careful atempting to dual boot with windows it seems to be a mission to get it to work
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: Win7 + XP Dual Boot   Win7 + XP Dual Boot Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 6:36

JunGRail schrieb:
Id be careful atempting to dual boot with windows it seems to be a mission to get it to work

Incorrect, I have Windows 7 and Windows XP dual booted.

The trick is to install XP first on one partition / HDD, then install win 7 afterwards to a second HDD/Partition.

The Windows 7 OS installs and adds to the Master Boot Record ( MBR ) and sets the XP OS as a secondary ( when booting up your PC on a dual boot config, you get 2 options, "Windows 7" and "Older Operating System"

The entry referred to as "Older Operating System" is actually XP and you can rename that to Windows XP in msconfig afterwards Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: Win7 + XP Dual Boot   Win7 + XP Dual Boot Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 11:35

random.monster1981 schrieb:
JunGRail schrieb:

The trick is to install XP first on one partition / HDD, then install win 7 afterwards to a second HDD/Partition.

The Windows 7 OS installs and adds to the Master Boot Record ( MBR ) and sets the XP OS as a secondary ( when booting up your PC on a dual boot config, you get 2 options, "Windows 7" and "Older Operating System"

The entry referred to as "Older Operating System" is actually XP and you can rename that to Windows XP in msconfig afterwards Wink

Yeah after you've repaired the MBR though using EasyBCD. Im sure im looking at Deja Vu reading this post.... Im gonna have another crack at it tonight, hopefully all in one swish.
Nach oben Nach unten
random.monster1981

Anzahl der Beiträge : 238

BeitragThema: Re: Win7 + XP Dual Boot   Win7 + XP Dual Boot Icon_minitimeSa 26 Feb - 1:35

JunGRail schrieb:
random.monster1981 schrieb:
JunGRail schrieb:

Yeah after you've repaired the MBR though using EasyBCD. Im sure im looking at Deja Vu reading this post.... Im gonna have another crack at it tonight, hopefully all in one swish.

There is no need to repair the MBR, like I said, all you need to do is install XP first, then Install Windows 7 to an alternative HDD/Partition AFTERWARDS.

It simply adds to the MBR and writes Win 7 as the Master OS ( it'll be the newest installation remember ) and Windows XP as a secondary ( because XP was installed first )

See Below.
Win7 + XP Dual Boot Dualboot

Nach oben Nach unten
Jason

Jason

Anzahl der Beiträge : 40

BeitragThema: Re: Win7 + XP Dual Boot   Win7 + XP Dual Boot Icon_minitimeMi 2 März - 19:27

Well I have got my Win7/XP 32 dual boot system now, I had Win7 already so just added XP on another partition, had a few problems but got through it in the end.
Spent all afternoon setting XP up and downloading updates etc.
Tried to run OMSI from the folder it is in but it said it was not activated, I suspected this would happen because of the registry.
Re installed OMSI to the same folder it is in giving me proper registry entries in XP but then had the dreaded activation limit reached, so an email sent to Aerosoft.
It is a pain as it is on the same computer, wish I could of just copied registry entries from win7 to xp but would not know what to look for.

Will be interesing to see if it plays better on XP on my system, Lets hope it is all worth it after doing this.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.jasonsbuspics.fotopic.net
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Win7 + XP Dual Boot   Win7 + XP Dual Boot Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Win7 + XP Dual Boot
Seite 1 von 1