ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

How to create object with a hole under it?

Nach unten 
5 verfasser
AutorNachricht
martijn189

Anzahl der Beiträge : 47

How to create object with a hole under it? Empty
BeitragThema: How to create object with a hole under it?   How to create object with a hole under it? Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 14:59

Hi Everyone,

I was trying to create a hole on a map tile with straight corners but i cannot seem to do this. In the Editor i select the tab "terain" set the "size" to 1 and the speed arround 200 but it creates a slope.... I need a hole in the ground for a fake tunnel for pedestrians, i have a 3D object (3 walls and a staircase) that needs to fit in the hole. Next to this hole there will be water so this is all kind of tricky....

I believe it is possible because on the spandau map the escelators are cut into the map i think.... please help Very Happy

Zuletzt von martijn189 am Do 24 Feb - 14:00 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Cas

Cas

Anzahl der Beiträge : 90

BeitragThema: Re: How to create object with a hole under it?   How to create object with a hole under it? Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 15:25

I read somewhere else that cutting holes into the terrain for the purpose of building tunnels isn't possible (yet). However a workaround might be to create a pit large enough to fit the entire tunnel in, and then create the 'terrain roof' over the pit as part of the tunnel mesh.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://arriva.casfiles.net
martijn189

BeitragThema: Re: How to create object with a hole under it?   How to create object with a hole under it? Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 15:33

On the spandau map i saw that the Escalators are going down trough the map, when i move the object the hole that the objects uses is also moved. Would it be possible to somehow make a hole that is linked to the object somehow??
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: How to create object with a hole under it?   How to create object with a hole under it? Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 16:47

Maybe placing of the object will automatically cut the hole? As long as you set the object to be below ground level, of course.
Nach oben Nach unten
martijn189

BeitragThema: Re: How to create object with a hole under it?   How to create object with a hole under it? Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 12:09

no that's not working, in one of the Spandau object files i noticed that for the escelators there is a hole.o3d and a hole.tga file, perhaps someone from the dev. team could explain how to make a "hole" object?
Nach oben Nach unten
Tarc

Tarc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 74

BeitragThema: Re: How to create object with a hole under it?   How to create object with a hole under it? Icon_minitimeSo 6 März - 4:10

martijn189 schrieb:
no that's not working, in one of the Spandau object files i noticed that for the escelators there is a hole.o3d and a hole.tga file, perhaps someone from the dev. team could explain how to make a "hole" object?

I'm pretty sure by the sound of it that the TGA format is used to achieve transparent textures (or used as Tile so it's see-through, as if it wasn't there) - although I've no idea how to implement it in the game
Nach oben Nach unten
http://tarcdnb.deviantart.com/
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: How to create object with a hole under it?   How to create object with a hole under it? Icon_minitimeFr 6 Mai - 12:14

The stairs at the station Rathaus Spandau were made with a special trick: They have the command

[rendertype]
presurface

in their sco file. Now I just placed a well sized "glass pane" on the floor, which lays a little bit over the terrain. Because of the rendering order (this command "rendertype"), OMSI renders first this "glass pane" and then the terrain. But because the glass pane was already rendered, it cannot render the terrain on the area beneath the pane...! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: How to create object with a hole under it?   How to create object with a hole under it? Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

How to create object with a hole under it?
Seite 1 von 1