ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Steady Speed

Nach unten 
3 verfasser
AutorNachricht
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

Steady Speed Empty
BeitragThema: Steady Speed   Steady Speed Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 14:20

I was wondering, since the instruction manuel is not in english and may not explain, but I have looked in control and stuff but was wondering how i could keep the speed constant?

In the real world I could just keep my foot on the accelerator a certain position to maintain either gradual speed increase and slight decrease but mostly just stays the same, yet in OMSI icannot do this with keyboard function, and therefore it just slows down and then when i speed up again to try and stay constant my passenger just mumble German at me haha.

Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

Steady Speed Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Steady Speed   Steady Speed Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 14:31

If a real bus doesn't have that function, I think that a key like that would "ruin" the simulation. Trucks and cars do have a cruise control button, so a key for that in the game is appreciated, but maybe not these buses.

If you like to play driving games, my advice is to buy an steering wheel. Right now I play it using one and I can do things like in real world: take turns smoontly, brake slowly, accelerate slowly and mantain speed, etc...

Another option would be to change the behaviour of the keys, to something like:
- One hit: slow/smooth acceleration or braking
- Two consecutive hits: medium
- Three consecutive hits: strong

So if you want to accelerate at full speed you hit the forward arrow 3 times. If you want to brake slowly you just press it and the bus would brake slowly, and if you want to brake a bit stronger you just double-hit it...

Just my opinion.
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

Steady Speed Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Steady Speed   Steady Speed Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 14:35

Nah its not cruise control button buddie Ill explain

When I sit in a cab and drive at 30mph, I can keep at around 30mph by just placing my foot on the accelerate pedal at around 1/4-1/3 down after intiial acceleration. I dont speed up or slow down until i either put more force either accelerator or brake respectively. Its not cruise control because I am still in full control of the speed using the accerator

I dont know where to get a PC wheel from in the UK, and the ones for consoles are quite dear in price and may not work. I was wondering if there was a function with keyboard so i could apply less pressure on say NUM 8 (accelerate) to keep a constant speed and save jolting.

But cheers for the info about the 1,2,3, harsh to mild accleration...will have a look into it
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

Steady Speed Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Steady Speed   Steady Speed Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 14:45

Flippy, don't you have a joystick or other controller that has axis controls?

I agree with you, when using the buttons, it is a simple ON/OFF effect, so it either keeps accelerating or coasts (no ability to maintain an accelerator position) ......... however, this isn't the case when using a controller axis. I'm using a Saitek Yoke (usually used for flight sim) and when I push forward on the yoke I accelerate smoothly. I can maintain a position on the yoke and the bus maintains that power Smile

Although I'm using a yoke, same works with a joystick as tested it earlier.

In short; your throttle and brake controls in the sim really need to be on an 'axis' not a button.

Smile
Nach oben Nach unten
cmcn121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 255

Steady Speed Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Steady Speed   Steady Speed Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 14:50

flippy1008 schrieb:
I was wondering, since the instruction manuel is not in english and may not explain, but I have looked in control and stuff but was wondering how i could keep the speed constant?

In the real world I could just keep my foot on the accelerator a certain position to maintain either gradual speed increase and slight decrease but mostly just stays the same, yet in OMSI icannot do this with keyboard function, and therefore it just slows down and then when i speed up again to try and stay constant my passenger just mumble German at me haha.

Get an Xbox360 contoller, thats what i use and it works fine for me, only issue i'm having is that to turn left/right i need to move the left stick up/down instead of left/right but it still gives a fair bit of precise control. Last time i checked, xbox360 pads are about £20 for a wired controller and £30-40 for a wireless one.
Nach oben Nach unten
Irreo

Anzahl der Beiträge : 59

Steady Speed Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Steady Speed   Steady Speed Icon_minitimeMi 23 Feb - 14:54

flippy1008 schrieb:
Nah its not cruise control button buddie Ill explain

When I sit in a cab and drive at 30mph, I can keep at around 30mph by just placing my foot on the accelerate pedal at around 1/4-1/3 down after intiial acceleration. I dont speed up or slow down until i either put more force either accelerator or brake respectively. Its not cruise control because I am still in full control of the speed using the accerator

I dont know where to get a PC wheel from in the UK, and the ones for consoles are quite dear in price and may not work. I was wondering if there was a function with keyboard so i could apply less pressure on say NUM 8 (accelerate) to keep a constant speed and save jolting.

But cheers for the info about the 1,2,3, harsh to mild accleration...will have a look into it

Maybe you didn't get me right. The 1,2,3 buttons thing was an idea about how COULD the game work. It doesn't offer that feature as far as I know.

And I know you are not asking for cruise control. I just meant that if they put a key that mantains speed, would be like a cruise control, and would not be realistic if these buses don't have that feature, because I could also use it even with pedals.

In any case, I agree that playing ANY driving game with keyboard is a pain. I used to play a trucking sim with keyboards, and the day I got the wheel it was like a whole new experience.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

Steady Speed Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Steady Speed   Steady Speed Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Steady Speed
Seite 1 von 1