ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

Unoptimized for gameplay

Nach unten 
+15
JunGRail
Neven
Kristian
GLaDOS
Se7en
krtz07
Amy Rose
madlewis
random.monster1981
BusRider
Freeman
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Marcel Kuhnt
Freddyx93
ShortCappy
19 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2
AutorNachricht
FR1GTS

FR1GTS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 116

Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Empty
BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 20:40

Kristian schrieb:
this is strange man something is slowing down game...
I can't get higher than 15FPS in Berlin at lowest and at maxed settings Razz
Testmap is really ok 50-65FPS
Maybe aerosoft's slow server..because it track down your gameplay,so if server is slow,game is too Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 20:42

Kristian schrieb:

That's nearly not possible! Did you REALLY click on "Load..." after you selected the new option settings???

And VERY IMPORTANT: This situation "bus parade on depot" needs much performance! It is much better starting the situation by just opening a clear map ("without buses") and select only ONE bus at once! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Kristian

Kristian

Anzahl der Beiträge : 157

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 20:46

will try that now ^^

EDIT:
WORKING Very Happy 33-36FPS

Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 14lkbm

Nach oben Nach unten
GLaDOS

GLaDOS

Anzahl der Beiträge : 257

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 20:58

The guys right, I get 20fps on max and i get 20fps on minimum, Something is wrong somewhere.
Nach oben Nach unten
madlewis

Anzahl der Beiträge : 25

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 21:03

Yep if i drop settings from maximum to minimum i see about 1 FPS difference!
Nach oben Nach unten
Kristian

Kristian

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 21:08

Walker schrieb:
The guys right, I get 20fps on max and i get 20fps on minimum, Something is wrong somewhere.

try to load map without busses and than select the one you want..
I tried that performance are better but later it drop to 25FPS..
Nach oben Nach unten
madlewis

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 21:11

Tried the load without buses, a few more FPS but jerky at times. Cant see why its going so slow, my pc can easily handle it!
Nach oben Nach unten
Kristian

Kristian

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 21:23

yeah I know but it is playlable at 20-30FPS
Under 10FPS is aweful...

I am shure if there is problem Marcel and Rudiger will handle it Very Happy Cool
Nach oben Nach unten
Neven

Neven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 100

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 22:28

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Kristian schrieb:

That's nearly not possible! Did you REALLY click on "Load..." after you selected the new option settings???

And VERY IMPORTANT: This situation "bus parade on depot" needs much performance! It is much better starting the situation by just opening a clear map ("without buses") and select only ONE bus at once! Wink

Thank you very much Marcel. Very Happy I now load a clear map without buses (not the bus parade) and it runs very nice.
I am very happy considering how old my pc is (5 years) and the graphics card is over 3 years old.
I will get a better pc and steering wheel in the future so I can run everything on max settings.
Once again, thank you so much for your reply. cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
Marpe

Marpe

Anzahl der Beiträge : 582

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 23:21

Hey man, GeForce GTX 580 and 2 GB ram just doesn't fit together.. seriously.. you should have like 4 GB ram or so. This is EXTREME graphics card, so I am sure that the rams are the bottleneck. A core 2 duo with 2.7 GHz is as well extremely good, but with 2 GB ram, oh my God! Fill more ram in your computer and you'll see magic! Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Code-121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 75

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 1:15

Same problem for me. This is my pc:

Intel Core i7 980x extreme edition 3.80ghz
RAM 6gb 2150Mhz DDR3
Video: Sapphire Ati Radeon 5870.
Windows 7.

In tutorial map MIN and MAX 30 fps and Berlin map MIN and MAX 20 fps with default settings. It's normal??? I think no. In other games there aren't problems. I tried load map without buses but always 30 fps, always 30 fps in tutorial map, 20 fps in Berlin map. Please help me, the game is fantastic and I want to play it fine. Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 9:04

On the Spandau map, 20 fps in the Rathaus area is a fairly good value. At the terminuses, fps should be much higher with your system. What graphic setting did you load?

The next comparable system I know is my girlfriend's: i7 920, 2,7 Ghz and a ATI 5850. She's getting about 23 fps in the Rathaus area and up to 35 fps in less dense areas with the 2010 setting. So I would think your system should perform better thanks to the higher CPU clock and the better graphics card...unless there's some kind of bottleneck.

Could you please give some more information on your graphics setting and where on the Spandau map you get which fps?
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

Anzahl der Beiträge : 512

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 11:46

Can you help me move the bus, im putting my foot on the gas, set the gear box to drive, released the brake and still no movement.
Nach oben Nach unten
Code-121

Anzahl der Beiträge : 75

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 12:04

Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:
On the Spandau map, 20 fps in the Rathaus area is a fairly good value. At the terminuses, fps should be much higher with your system. What graphic setting did you load?

The next comparable system I know is my girlfriend's: i7 920, 2,7 Ghz and a ATI 5850. She's getting about 23 fps in the Rathaus area and up to 35 fps in less dense areas with the 2010 setting. So I would think your system should perform better thanks to the higher CPU clock and the better graphics card...unless there's some kind of bottleneck.

Could you please give some more information on your graphics setting and where on the Spandau map you get which fps?

I tried to set pc 2010-2009-2008-2007-2006 or minimum settings but always 30fps in tutorial map, max 20fps in Spandau map e min 8-9fps. In depote parade max 23fps and when I drive the bus 7-8fps. I think there is a problem. In catalyst control center I checked "Let the application control". Sad Sad Sad
Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

Anzahl der Beiträge : 113

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 13:05

I think OMSI uses CPU the most..
Nach oben Nach unten
madlewis

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 13:17

Ye with my GTX 470 if a game is using the graphics card you can tell as the fans get louder after a few seconds due to heavy usage. With this simulator, you would think my graphics card was off, no noise or usage! So ye it doesn't make use of the graphics card, if it did the FPS would be amazing!
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 13:35

madlewis schrieb:
Ye with my GTX 470 if a game is using the graphics card you can tell as the fans get louder after a few seconds due to heavy usage. With this simulator, you would think my graphics card was off, no noise or usage! So ye it doesn't make use of the graphics card, if it did the FPS would be amazing!

The developers wrote it when GPU processors were not adequate i suppose. I can tell its using up a lot of my CPU power as the screen goes blank after a while and also it keeps bluring the graphics. But on the video of the developers, the gameplay was smooth.

Can someone explain why that is? I think stressing it again. Wednesday when the English manual is out we can understand what the graphics setting mean. But hell is it fun!
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 13:37

OMSIfan schrieb:
Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
Kristian schrieb:

Thank you very much Marcel. Very Happy I now load a clear map without buses (not the bus parade) and it runs very nice.
I am very happy considering how old my pc is (5 years) and the graphics card is over 3 years old.
I will get a better pc and steering wheel in the future so I can run everything on max settings.
Once again, thank you so much for your reply. cheers

That is ok but it'd be nice to start at Freudstr
Nach oben Nach unten
Kristian

Kristian

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 13:46

who said that you can't start at Freudstr when you load map without busses?? ^^
When you load the map select bus and then select starting point!!
Nach oben Nach unten
Amy Rose

Amy Rose

Anzahl der Beiträge : 663

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 14:54

Code-121 schrieb:
Rüdiger Hülsmann schrieb:

I tried to set pc 2010-2009-2008-2007-2006 or minimum settings but always 30fps in tutorial map, max 20fps in Spandau map e min 8-9fps. In depote parade max 23fps and when I drive the bus 7-8fps. I think there is a problem. In catalyst control center I checked "Let the application control". Sad Sad Sad
Turn off bus parade mode I believe
Nach oben Nach unten
JunGRail

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 15:03

Kristian schrieb:
who said that you can't start at Freudstr when you load map without busses?? ^^
When you load the map select bus and then select starting point!!

U can i found that out but in reality next week once i have the manual - I'll sort out the issues.

I think a soundcard is in order as well, the onboard sound just cant hack it
Nach oben Nach unten
madlewis

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 15:52

Looking at my GTX 470 i monitored the usage of the graphics card with MSI Afterburner. While not running OMSI (on desktop), usage is 0-1% and when in game average usage is only around 25%. This game would be perfect if it made more use of the graphics card!
Nach oben Nach unten
ShortCappy

Anzahl der Beiträge : 61

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 16:55

Marcel Kuhnt schrieb:
That was the culprit on my PC! Now I have decent FPS at the Freudstr and Stadtgrenze terminals and the surrounding areas. I'm still getting unacceptable FPS as I'm going along some areas, but I'll tinker the game settings until I get acceptable FPS. Thanks a lot! Very Happy

Zuletzt von ShortCappy am So 20 Feb - 16:58 bearbeitet; insgesamt 2-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 16:57

Yes, the "bus parade" situation is just an example to show the whole OMSI fleet at the depot. As it's 13 user buses, performance will be very low. Just start the Spandau map with a new situation without any user buses and then create a new bus.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: Unoptimized for gameplay   Unoptimized for gameplay - Seite 2 Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

Unoptimized for gameplay
Seite 2 von 2Gehe zu Seite : Zurück  1, 2