ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

The OMSI Review THREAD

Nach unten 
+15
gneb
Neobus_Citta
Se7en
CityBus
Neven
aarongilp
peterZZD
jay_zhead
ruicp
scania_n270ub
tripel7
cvitan
BusRider
Kristian
flippy1008
19 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter
AutorNachricht
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

The OMSI Review THREAD Empty
BeitragThema: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDo 17 Feb - 19:22

Welcome to the OMSI review thread...post your positives and negatives here for the ultimate bus simulation game.

While you can write in paragraphs like a reviewer, why not use a new design. Add a bold + for a positive comment and a bold - for a room for improvement comment in a list format...so we can congratualate MR on what did they superbly ( I belive the + list will be larger), and what can be worked on if wanted to make it even more ultimate.

Anyway, heres the thread...type away!
Nach oben Nach unten
Kristian

Kristian

Anzahl der Beiträge : 157

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDo 17 Feb - 20:44

hehe nice thread Very Happy

I think we should start screenshot thread too

Kind regards
Chris
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDo 17 Feb - 21:05

Kristian schrieb:

Kind regards
Chris
What about a media thread? Screenshots and Videos.
Nach oben Nach unten
Kristian

Kristian

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDo 17 Feb - 21:08

BusRider schrieb:
Kristian schrieb:

Kind regards
Chris
What about a media thread? Screenshots and Videos.

yeah...great Idea
cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
cvitan

Anzahl der Beiträge : 50

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 13:26

About the review!

Only played it for like an hour or so and the game is so perfect! Okej it took a little while before I've managed to set up everything and acctully got away, but then. The driving experince is great, the psysichs are great. It really feels like you are driving that bus in real (I know, cause i driven buses before)

Sure the grapichs could be better, and by that i mean enviromental could look even more realistic but then (in my opinion) it would almost ruin the game!

I will give it a 11/10

Great work!!
Nach oben Nach unten
tripel7

Anzahl der Beiträge : 5

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 16:43

Just one word will do: awesome!
I absolutely love it!
Gino
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 18:01

I was expecting awesome... but I got EPIC! This game is great! I've been playing it for almost three hours and I'm not even bored! Great work M&R!
9001/10 cheers

Nach oben Nach unten
scania_n270ub

scania_n270ub

Anzahl der Beiträge : 103

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 23:14

It's AWESOME... I've been playing for ...SIX... or more hours till now... and I can't get enough!... I've done almost 200km in... 10 hours?

I got the VOITH gearbox sound on my head... I looove it! (I used to hate VOITH gearboxes)

The best SIMULATOR (not game) in the world (referring to busses).

The OMSI Review THREAD Omsi4.th
Here I am at Freudstrasse about to go to Spandau Depot.
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.vbus.es
ruicp

ruicp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 53

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeSa 19 Feb - 23:46

scania_n270ub schrieb:
It's AWESOME... I've been playing for ...SIX... or more hours till now... and I can't get enough!... I've done almost 200km in... 10 hours?

I got the VOITH gearbox sound on my head... I looove it! (I used to hate VOITH gearboxes)

The best SIMULATOR (not game) in the world (referring to busses).

The OMSI Review THREAD Omsi4.th
Here I am at Freudstrasse about to go to Spandau Depot.

How can you open the doors and the view ahead?

Nach oben Nach unten
http://urban-bus.com
jay_zhead

Anzahl der Beiträge : 72

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 17:08

After a day playing with it and finally doing a few complete tours, I came to the conclusion that this is probably the best vehicle simulator I've ever had. However, there are a few points that can be improved. Here are my notes:

1. AI traffic needs to be more flexible. When I stop at a busstop and the back corner of my bus just ever so slightly protrudes into the adjecent lane, all the traffic just stands there waiting. Even the most careful and prudent driver on earth won't think the lane is blocked because there is 2cm of bus on it... Also, they often get stuck when one of them changes lanes in the middle of the road, and both just sit there waiting for each other.

2. Engine optimization. The sim runs quite well, but every now and then I get annoying freezes for half a second or so... And it is not like my system is weak, it's a pretty good machine and has no trouble running any other driving game I have. Mostly, it's the falure of the controls during system hickups that must be sorted out. When the graphics hiccup, it sometimes causes one to have an accident which isn't his fault, as suddenly, after a ghalf-second freeze, you are no longer where you thought you were and are heading into opposing traffic.

Uummm... That's it, I think. I'm struggling to think of more issues, but I'm drawing a blank... Great job, devs! Best 29 euros I've spent on a piece of software! santa
Nach oben Nach unten
peterZZD

peterZZD

Anzahl der Beiträge : 270
Ort : Depending on the time of the year, middle of nowhere or middle of nowhere

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 17:19

Hello,

When it came out, I thought, "OK, this might be a waste of money because it won't run." But, I was wrong. It was worth spending €30 for this sim. It runs rather smooth, but after a while, the bus starts to jump up and down (only on the Spandau map) and it makes it uncontrolable. Otherwise, I am "another happy customer," as my teacher once said.

The bits I most love are the cockpit, IBIS and the ticket machine... why? Because they are all controlable using the mouse, not the keyboard alone.

Is there anything else I need to say? Hm.. no.

Once again,
THANK YOU, Ruediger and Marcel!
Nach oben Nach unten
aarongilp

aarongilp

Anzahl der Beiträge : 82

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeSo 20 Feb - 20:10

Well, having played on it for several hours this weekend, I think I can write now a little review.

First of all, I'll talk about learning to play on it. For those who are don't speak German (including me), learning is more difficult as the manual is only in this language (nothing to regret about it, I'll read it when it is released in English). But, despite this difficulty, I haven't found it so difficult, specially when we are talking about a very realistic simulator. Once we are used to program IBIS and we know what keys to touch, it's very easy to control almost all functions in game.

Secondly, I want to talk about physics. They are very realistic too: The behavior of a bi-level bus (with a high height) in curves is correct, braking and accelerating seem realistic for a low-powered bus (as SD200/202 are), gearboxes are accurate, allowing to make kick down when necessary, handling is quite funny, as having fixed my steering wheel problems driving is like reality and etc. I only can comment, on the negative side, that the feeling of speed is, in my opinion, too low. You are speeding at 80kph and it doesn't seem to be so speedy.

My next point is AI. I think this is the worst part of the game, but with this I'm not meaning it is not good (which is not!). While driving, I had several accidents by touching cars who don't respect priorities on crossings, by touching cars who brake because of nothing...and passengers complain about this, and my driving rating goes down and down. And as @jay_zhead said, AI cars and buses wait until you move to pass...even if they have a lot of space to move. After writing this, I want to mention I've programmed a few AI situations (in AI subject on my Computer Engineering degree), so I know how difficult is to program a decent AI system. But, if you want to improve this at any time, there are some issues to solve. Despite of all, for me is quite attractive to know that I can have an accident at any time, so I drive more carefully.

Graphics and performance: Another "Achilles tendon". Graphics are good enough for having been developed in this few time (considering only two people making a game and a complete scene with a lot of 3D particular objects and some extremely detailed buses), but OMSI graphic engine maybe isn't as optimized as it could be. Also again, I have a little experience with that and what you've done is more than amazing, so I'm only pointing this, no regrets. But I want to ask about this few half-a-second stops which occur sometimes...is maybe when a tile is loaded? This reminds me MSTS, it happens the same when a tile is loaded.

Concluding, despite this minor little issues, I'm very very happy to having spent this 30€ in this simulator. Is the best bus simulator ever, and I think it will continue for a long while! As a programmer I know how difficult is to finish a program, so I have no words for you to thank this enormous and exhausting work you've done...and only two people!!

Marcel and Rüdiger, Rüdiger and Marcel...you two make a gorgeous team. Please continue in the future (with whatever your next project will be) like that, you are amazing! A million thanks to you for this piece of art you've delivered to us. You don't know the large amount of hours I'll spend playing OMSI.
Nach oben Nach unten
Neven

Neven

Anzahl der Beiträge : 100

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeMo 21 Feb - 4:35

OMSI is an absolutely amazing bus simulator. I love it and I would also like to thank Marcel and Rüdiger for their hard and outstanding work. cheers Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
CityBus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 122

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeMo 21 Feb - 19:46

I love buses that`s why I have played all the bus games on the PC. Time after time I was excited when a new game was close to release but they all disappointed me. CBS 2010 was nice but now there is OMSI which is so much better. This is a real bus simulator where you have to make turns and watch out for other A.I. traffic to avoid accidents. Passengers can complain about how you drive and even when it is too cold in the bus. You can push the pedal to the metal and skip most stops when driving the 13N, just like in real life when there are only a view passengers in the night bus. I love all the details in the buses and ofcourse the sound! I have only played like 3 hours yesterday and most of the time went to learning the controls, but I am sure I havn`t seen all of this great simulator.

A big thanks to Marcel and Rüdiger. Very Happy
Nach oben Nach unten
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeMo 21 Feb - 23:47

Since I got the game on Monday morning, I have been playing it all day and the game is 100/10!

Sounds are amazing, controls, especially I like that everything is clickable..

Although Spandau runs on 20-25FPS, it's still quite nice to play, I will make my own map soon, so I will have (I hope) a better framerate.

Marcel & Rudiger, thank you for this incredibly realistic simulator, wish you guys the best..

P.S. Sorry for the lack of words, I am mind-blown! Smile lol!

Se7en
Nach oben Nach unten
Neobus_Citta

Neobus_Citta

Anzahl der Beiträge : 114

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 12:01

I also got it yesterday, and almost forgot to go to school because I was STONED about the OMSI! Very Happy

I love driving around Spandau, and my favorite routes are 13N and 92E to Reimerweg and Westwaldstrasse. Smile

My favorite bus is D86, because it is SD202, it has 12DNR on the gearbox and air powered doors. Very Happy

You guys deserve 5 beers each, and if I ever come to Berlin, you will get them! cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
http://www.autobusi.net
Se7en

Se7en

Anzahl der Beiträge : 470

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 12:05

I like to drive the route U-Busbahnhof Rathaus Spandau to Freudstrasse, and from Freudstrasse to U-Busbahnhof Rathaus Spandau, and repeat... lol!
But, yeah, it's awesome, I drive with D92 most of the times and sometimes with SD85! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Kristian

Kristian

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 12:20

Let me say few words anout game too Surprised
Game is amazing and it is best BUS simulator courently for PC and it will stay for a long time Cool
I love driving every busses but my favourites are D80,D85 and D86 Laughing
My best route is 92E Stadtgranze to U Rathaus Spandau and 13N too
I like driving on frozen roads and on heavily snowfall.
The weather effects are very good and bus sim is very realistic cause passanger can tell you(complain) if it is too cold at bus or if you don't turn up lights on night route it will complain that is too dark.
Ticket selling is awesome and IBIS system too..
Marcel and Ruidiger deserve a good holidays after making best BUS simulato out yet.
I hope at this summer that you guys will make some addons with singledeck busses too Cool

Cheers
Nach oben Nach unten
gneb

gneb

Anzahl der Beiträge : 197

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 13:47

OMSI is just an fantastic game witch will be even more fantastic when the english manual comes out Laughing

I have played OMSI since i got i yesturday and i even thought it woudnt run om mi shitty pc...

And it runs Very Happy

When it actually worked i jumped and runned around the house lol!

so one word: THE BEST GAME EVEEEEER!!!!!! lol!
Nach oben Nach unten
Scenicruiser

Anzahl der Beiträge : 83

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 14:22

gneb schrieb:
OMSI is just an fantastic game witch will be even more fantastic when the english manual comes out Laughing

I have played OMSI since i got i yesturday and i even thought it woudnt run om mi shitty pc...

And it runs Very Happy

When it actually worked i jumped and runned around the house lol!

so one word: THE BEST GAME EVEEEEER!!!!!! lol!

Omis is not a game, its simulator.
Nach oben Nach unten
gneb

gneb

Anzahl der Beiträge : 197

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 14:39

Who cares about that, its a game and a simulator Laughing Laughing
Nach oben Nach unten
Freeman

Freeman

Anzahl der Beiträge : 55

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 17:45

After 3 days playing OMSI, I think its time to that I gave it my personal review.....

Marcel and Rudiger you have produced an amazing simulator which looks as if it will have a very long life-span, Thankyou for making my dreams come true and I look forward to your next phase of development. You have essentially provided what MSFS provided to plane fanatics, but in this sense to bus lovers, an amazing bus experience.

Positives:(this list would be too long if I named everything so here are the main ones)

+ The controls in the bus are absolutely amazing, and being able to 'touch' all the different buttons is what makes this simulator stand out
+ The ticket selling is beyond expectation - and its good that you added the SD92 with the printer, so that 'modern' user created buses can use this feature!
+ The environment in the game is very nice, including the weather changes such as snow
+ The timetable system and AI is amazing, including the buses - trains and planes..... which add to realism and expand possibilities for user created routes

Negatives:

- Im finding it hard to optimize the game for my computer and am still struggling to find the best settings, so it would have been good if automatic detection was implemented
- Sometimes the AI gets stuck at intersections, especially when the roads are too busy and it causes gridlock.
- AI should overtake, but I understand this is hard to script!
- It would have been good to allow users to walk around

Best regards, and many thanks
Freeman
Nach oben Nach unten
CityBus

Anzahl der Beiträge : 122

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDi 22 Feb - 20:07

Freeman schrieb:

- It would have been good to allow users to walk around
Freeman

Yeah, I would love to see this feature. I know there is a free cam but I really prefer walking around. I have read that it would be too slow but maybe you can add a run function. It would be nice to be able to walk around in the buses, checking for passengers who stayed behind at the end of the line, enter a A.I. bus and have a talk with your colleague, check to see if there is any garbage and clean it up... It would be nice to see these features in the future.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gast
Gast

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeDo 24 Feb - 15:02

My review is short;

Just a brilliant Simulator. They concentrated on all the right priorities (like the Bus Cab). Physics are awesome, the sound is just unprecedented, weather (and reflections) are fantasic and the immersion is just the best I've seen in any transport simulator.

My fave bus is the oldest SD200 and the newest SD202; I just like the contrasts!

Can't wait for more buses, more routes, other expansions.

A huge well done to Marcel & Rudiger, and thanks.

David.
Nach oben Nach unten
disc

Anzahl der Beiträge : 18

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitimeFr 25 Feb - 17:11

After playing 3 days:

pros:
+good physics
+very good sounds
+everything is very realistic

cons:
-timetable bugs
-ai sometimes do very ridiculous things
-the game engine is outdated (no multi core usage, the modern gpus not utilized enough)
-high pc requirements according to the game's graphics (mostly because the lack of multi core usage)
-as i see some, or all of the game developed in delphi language, what's explains the performance problems, since delphi is a khm... not a cutting edge platform.
Nach oben Nach unten
Gesponserte Inhalte

BeitragThema: Re: The OMSI Review THREAD   The OMSI Review THREAD Icon_minitime

Nach oben Nach unten

The OMSI Review THREAD
Seite 1 von 2Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2  Weiter