ehem. OMSI - Forum
Würden Sie gerne auf diese Nachricht reagieren? Erstellen Sie einen Account in wenigen Klicks oder loggen Sie sich ein, um fortzufahren.
ehem. OMSI - Forum

Dieses Forum wurde geschlossen. Das neue Forum befindet sich auf www.omnibussimulator.de/forum !

StartseiteStartseite  Neueste BilderNeueste Bilder  SuchenSuchen  AnmeldenAnmelden  LoginLogin  

English Download Version

Nach unten 
+86
cf4180
theneomaster
peterZZD
hilly
supertoast92
TurryBoeing
Code-121
Hexta
harry7430
win173d
evo
SpeedbirdA320FO
tripel7
MrArchos
Cas
mldaureol
Marek
EDawg
Zuthix
Eggtooth
cvitan
8v71
Aficio
Foob
Ralph Kramden
madlewis
WoodenSpoons
Thiago
tomtoon
kazz2860
Speedy_Sticks
Xaid0n
Neobus_Citta
Daniel C
Pedro
brunoc
Rudy
Viking84
gneb
martijn189
Freeman
fan79
jord123
and995
jay_zhead
kevo37
rzr09
thenthornthing
ediblechickenwing
aarongilp
Scenicruiser
yahav
JayKae
rem31450
Marpe
makkafaction
EdjKa
Joost1991
DavidW
cmcn121
hcaoc
FR1GTS
random.monster1981
crazyjefke
Davidthebusman
scania_n270ub
Kristian
ruicp
Razor
GLaDOS
JunGRail
Stefan
krtz07
Neven
Amy Rose
Se7en
DIMI
Kernel
scaniaomnidekka
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Skiv
flippy1008
BusRider
Marcel Kuhnt
90 verfasser
Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Weiter
AutorNachricht
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

Anzahl der Beiträge : 3364

English Download Version Empty
BeitragThema: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 20:45

Hello there!

Today I got the information about the english version of the OMSI manual (not to be mixed up with the technical handbook!) - it will be ready in about one or two weeks - so the "real" English download version including the English manual will be ready around one or two weeks after the German one. But the German download version can also be installed in English.

Marcel
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

Anzahl der Beiträge : 102

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 20:50

So let me get this straight.

OMSI it self can already be changed to English, but the manual won't be available for a few weeks. Correct?

Anyway, will the English manual be available as a separate download later on for those of us who download OMSI on release?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 20:52

I think so...! Wink (Let's say me it the other way round: I don't think there will be reasons against it! Wink )
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

Anzahl der Beiträge : 401

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:10

Thats good.

May I ask, Marcel, how easy would it be to play the game English version without the *english manual? Would I be able to drive the bus, ticket sales, destinations etc...would I need to learn German first haha?

Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

Anzahl der Beiträge : 113

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:26

This is so confusing! So if i buy OMSI this Friday, will i get the english version of the game?

I don't care about english manual or anything. I just want to play the game in english.
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:29

Yes. There is an English verison of the game, but comes with a German Manual.

The English manual will be available for free later.

But my main concern is how much you can actually pick up and play without the Manual? Is there a tutorial, in the English version, to at least cover the basics of driving, opening and closing doors, tickets, route and timetables etc?
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:31

We could always run parts of it through Google Translate and get the just of it.
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:32

BusRider schrieb:
We could always run parts of it through Google Translate and get the just of it.

Can you do that with .pdf?
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:32

The tutorial is part of the manual - so you won't have any. So it could be quite hard to try everything! But I really don't know how hard it would be... 1.) I know how to play OMSI and 2.) I can German! Wink
Nach oben Nach unten
Rüdiger Hülsmann
Admin
Rüdiger Hülsmann

Anzahl der Beiträge : 1204

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:34

Zitat :
This is so confusing

No :-)

18.02.2011:
Download version:
- Program in German and English
- PDF Manual+Tutorial ONLY German

1-2 weeks later:
Download version:
- English PDF Manual+Tutorial, too. Also available for download for those who already bought the first version with German-only manual

Box version:
- Program in German and English
- Printed Manual+Tutorial German OR English (depends on English or German version)
- PDF Manual+Tutorial German AND English
Nach oben Nach unten
scaniaomnidekka

Anzahl der Beiträge : 29

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:37

Well, I can speak (very) limited German so the very basics should be okay for me- however, I'm sure we can use google translate or its equivalent just for the time being. And it shouldn't be too hard to navigate through the options etc as I'm assuming all the menus (when the game is installed in English) are in English.

And to add, huge thanks and congratulations to both of you on the quality of the simulator- it looks absolutely fantastic. Finally my year or so long wait (since discovering the site) is almost over.

Steffan
Nach oben Nach unten
Kernel

Anzahl der Beiträge : 126

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:41

Thank you Ruedriger!
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

Anzahl der Beiträge : 178

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:45

OH MY GOD, I cannot understand, what Marcel and Rüdiger do to don´t go crazy because of these questions...

Everybody who´s got brain already knows everything he needs... Don´t care about the others... ;-)

I guess it is naturally possible to drive the bus if you´re not a monkey... Maybe it you won´t be 100% sure what to do in the first minute, but nothing mad... Just try it clicking on every button... It´s still just a game..
Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:48

DIMI schrieb:
OH MY GOD, I cannot understand, what Marcel and Rüdiger do to don´t go crazy because of these questions...

Everybody who´s got brain already knows everything he needs... Don´t care about the others... ;-)

I guess it is naturally possible to drive the bus if you´re not a monkey... Maybe it you won´t be 100% sure what to do in the first minute, but nothing mad... Just try it clicking on every button... It´s still just a game..

Arf arf arf *canned laughter*

@Rudinger. Thank you VERY much for this clear explanation. Finally our OFFICIAL Polish forum can have the legitimate info about the game, which will help with making the decision either to buy it now or wait another 2 weeks (which would be super pain already)

Zuletzt von Skiv am Mo 14 Feb - 22:18 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:50

Official Polish forum? How official?
Nach oben Nach unten
flippy1008

flippy1008

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:50

Very good point above!

But I think the main issue was of course that very people understood if an English manual would be available seperately and how much of the game is playable without a manual.

Thank you for clearing this all up!

I've found a program to translate pdf vaguely. its not word for word like aerosoft will do, but if i ever get really stuck, i have a place!

Of course, click everywhere first and hope for the best!
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:52

For example, I have never in my live read any manual... I´ve never had to... So why would I (and anybody else) do it this time.. ;-) I cannot imagine that I start the game, then sit in front of wheel and say to myself: "Hm, what probably do this button? Let me see in the pdf manual -- alt+tab -- Oh! It turns the lights on! Very Happy Alright, let´s do it... So, what else? What about this button? Very Happy ..."

Zuletzt von DIMI am Mo 14 Feb - 21:54 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:53

THE Official Polish Omnibus Forum and Support Site.
http://omnibussimulator.pl/
Right now only in polish (duh Razz) but when the fun kicks in, we are planning to make a english section too Smile

Zuletzt von Skiv am Mo 14 Feb - 22:18 bearbeitet; insgesamt 1-mal bearbeitet
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 21:56

By the way: I would really like to know, if Marcel or Rüdiger gave you permit for using Official... Let me guess... No?
Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 22:00

ok i can drop the OFFICIAL word here. Besides here, in this post wrote, there is no word about official. Just wanted to point that our forum should be the "official" in poland.
Nach oben Nach unten
Marcel Kuhnt
Admin
Marcel Kuhnt

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 22:00

No. So your page, skiv, is ok, but don't talk here about that your forum is "official". The only official forum is THIS here.
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 22:04

Yeah, I just wanted give you notice that using word official isn´t correct... Like omsi.cz (understandably) didn´t get this permit too... ;-)
Nach oben Nach unten
Skiv

Skiv

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 22:04

oook. Biggest non-official? I really dont know how to say it..
Btw, its not my forum. Its runned by other guy. Im just a measly translator with to privileges.
Nach oben Nach unten
BusRider

BusRider

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 22:07

Another way to figure out controls would be to go to the options menu (which would be in English) and look at which control does what. Simple.
Nach oben Nach unten
DIMI

BeitragThema: Re: English Download Version   English Download Version Icon_minitimeMo 14 Feb - 22:08

Yeah, biggest maybe right now.. Very Happy But empty (that´s why we don´t have any forum yet.. ;-) Very Happy Razz... Guest book is good enough for us... Wink
Nach oben Nach unten

English Download Version
Seite 1 von 30Gehe zu Seite : 1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 30  Weiter